Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Loitv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    great to have some variation in the kick-off times tonigiht so that us die-hards are getting slightly better value for money

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    ... and the Bohs v Shels game still hasn't kicked off...

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
    ... and the Bohs v Shels game still hasn't kicked off...
    What happened Burnsie?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Looked like the guards had to weigh into the stand and separate Bohs and Shels fans, presumably. Probably inevitable given the issues with ticket sales during the week

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...AQKvBNEGiejfeA

The Premier Division highlights as always are available in good time on FAITV. I'm probably in the minority in favour of a highlights programme but I am enjoying being able to watch the highlights on the Chromecast, one after the other on the playlist. I watched the highlights this afternoon and then watched the F1 qualifying highlights on YouTube as well. It must be just the modern day platform.
    It's a pity they couldn't make more of an effort with the First Division highlights. Especially as it's been Sunday or Monday that the goals have been made available.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    I was really impressed with the picture quality of our games highlights. Hope that standard will be maintained going forward. Makes me feel a lot more comfortable sharing them with non LOI people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    The difference with first division and premier division highlight is that the FAI staff have to clip together the First Division highlights themselves, while the company who operate the Premier Division streams do the highlights package themselves post match and send on to the FAI.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    LoI Central were talking about the importance of television coverage to attract sponsors. If LOITV is to build an audience, they will need a regular kick off time for the standout game e.g. Derry v Dundalk.
    Monday evening fixtures are part of the current schedule and established as the second day. Possibly Monday evening is the solution. There will only be the occasional clash with a full round.
    If the top 4 from last year always played as a standalone game, that's 24 games to spread out across the season.
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    LoI Central were talking about the importance of television coverage to attract sponsors. If LOITV is to build an audience, they will need a regular kick off time for the standout game e.g. Derry v Dundalk.
    Monday evening fixtures are part of the current schedule and established as the second day. Possibly Monday evening is the solution. There will only be the occasional clash with a full round.
    If the top 4 from last year always played as a standalone game, that's 24 games to spread out across the season.
    There's something I never thought about actually, did the FAI go after a main sponsor for LOITV? I know the pet company sponsored the highlights show and may have been associate sponsors of loi tv but you'd think they'd try to get a big fish in, then again, viewing figures probably not overly enticing.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    I think you might run into problems with Monday fixtures for teams that are in Europe and there's a good chance that the games people will want to watch would contain one or more of the European competitors! I'd be a fan of having a match of the week and having it on Saturday at lunch time. I know this time of the year you're competing with the premier league for viewers but during the summer there is that gap where people will want to watch sport of some kind and having the game of the week there makes it an option. Could also consider making the game of the week cheaper or available to pubs & clubs for free as they will also want content that they can have on the screens and only so many people want to watch horse racing.

13. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Must say that Galway's commentary team and picture feed were excellent yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    It was the first time I remember that GUFC have moved away from the pixellot. Well overdue at this stage but glad it's finally happened.

It was actually father and son on comm and co comms Friday night. It could be the Galway bias in me but I find that they are probably the best/most professional commentary team in the first division.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yurt View Post
    It was the first time I remember that GUFC have moved away from the pixellot. Well overdue at this stage but glad it's finally happened.

It was actually father and son on comm and co comms Friday night. It could be the Galway bias in me but I find that they are probably the best/most professional commentary team in the first division.
    The commentary was good and respectful. All away commentators so far understand that Kerry are only starting off and that they have a lot to learn, which they will through experience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Harps had one home and one away commentator on Friday night. Think it's definitely the way forward if clubs can manage it. Provides no bias and even for both teams.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    On the whole LoITV in pubs, a season pass must be bought, so great value. Unfortunately, found out this w/e that dodgy streams are mostly whats used. In high 3 figures the number of pubs in Ireland using this one stream. If it is to broaden appeal its working as the demand seems to be there with plenty of Punters in for the match. Seems its similar for EPL et al mind! Small consolation I suppose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    On the whole LoITV in pubs, a season pass must be bought, so great value. Unfortunately, found out this w/e that dodgy streams are mostly whats used. In high 3 figures the number of pubs in Ireland using this one stream. If it is to broaden appeal its working as the demand seems to be there with plenty of Punters in for the match. Seems its similar for EPL et al mind! Small consolation I suppose.
    Yeah getting on the same platform that a lot of people are watching their football on has helped interest IMO, in a league that typically struggles for exposure. Just have to hope that there's enough subs to pay for the service itself. So the drive to get people to buy into it and pay subs is worthwhile. I get texts from people on match night who are clearly watching the illegal streams, people who wouldn't normally watch LOI. It's a brilliant service. I really love it.

There's a possibility that some of the pubs who use their dodgy IPTV to stream games have paid their subscription. Not sure how likely but certainly some individuals with iptv subs who have paid for LOITV out of courtesy will still regularly use their iptv to watch LOI games.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Harps had one home and one away commentator on Friday night. Think it's definitely the way forward if clubs can manage it. Provides no bias and even for both teams.
    I've said this on our show, I did away comms in final game of 2021 season in harps and it was brilliant.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    I watched Drogheda v Dundalk last night. Wexford v Kerry earlier. Derry v Sligo is live on RTÉ. It's a pity more weekends can't have staggered kick offs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    I watched Drogheda v Dundalk last night. Wexford v Kerry earlier. Derry v Sligo is live on RTÉ. It's a pity more weekends can't have staggered kick offs.
    Thought the exact same. Had a very enjoyable two days with all the LOI. Would be great for it to happen a few more weekends. LOITV is such a brilliant resource.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    https://twitter.com/KerryFC/status/1662045500537729024

Kerry ditching the pixelot cameras already……
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast