Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Loitv

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Yeah was not good to hear that on the podcast. Seemed to suggest dodgy box viewers could be part of the problem.
    Hard to completely blame dodgy boxes/sticks when they were around last season too when the service made a decent profit charging 7 or 5 quid games on an individual basis clearly a demand was there

I wonder did clubs want it sandbagged until very late before season kick-off so as not to deter late season ticket sales?
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Yeah was not good to hear that on the podcast. Seemed to suggest dodgy box viewers could be part of the problem.
    Have to admit, guilty of that here. Have the IPTV set up to catch all of the stuff live back home and it now includes LOITV (GaaGo too etc) so decided to just use that this season. Does any of the subscription money go to the clubs?

What's the business model on it does anyone know? Is it being subsidized or is it running for profit?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    If everything goes well I'll only miss a handful of Bohs away games this season. Probably wouldn't have that much interest in watching many of the other teams and if I was there's still the single pass option. €120 is a great deal for all the matches but I still feel like you'd want to watch a fair amount to make it worthwhile. Have a feeling that most regular going fans are in the same boat.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I invested in LOI TV this year purely because it looks like it will be a lottery trying to get tickets for Rovers away games. Members take the first 300 and that usually leaves about 200 tickets left to share among 4,500...
    Got a ticket for sligo away* last week but couldn't get one for drogs away.

*met the friendliest, politiest woman selling coffee in the showgrounds-it was such a shock to meet someone who was actually happy to see you there!

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Have to admit, guilty of that here. Have the IPTV set up to catch all of the stuff live back home and it now includes LOITV (GaaGo too etc) so decided to just use that this season. Does any of the subscription money go to the clubs?

What's the business model on it does anyone know? Is it being subsidized or is it running for profit?
    Once costs are covered, all profits go to the clubs.

Or at least I'm fairly sure that's the way it was last season.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    I use the LOITV service as it's the only way for me to view LOI matches these days, I was disappointed yet not surprised to see all of the games being streamed on a dodgy website on Friday last, it was also picture perfect to the game I was viewing on LOITV too, hopefully not too many use such dodgy sites/boxes for LOI stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SPXcyan View Post
    I use the LOITV service as it's the only way for me to view LOI matches these days, I was disappointed yet not surprised to see all of the games being streamed on a dodgy website on Friday last, it was also picture perfect to the game I was viewing on LOITV too, hopefully not too many use such dodgy sites/boxes for LOI stuff.
    These sites must have one source subscription. I wonder is it possible to put an account code into the corner on the screen so it can be identified.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SPXcyan View Post
    In previous seasons this topic came up here. How long have LoI fans been calling for a streaming service and now that there is one a lot of people are engaging in a dose of self harm to the league and by extension our clubs by copping out of the price of a (Dublin city centre) pint. Plenty brag about it and share links on Twitter. Ive been guilty myself occasionally with EPL games but for LoI individuals buying a stream or season pass could actually make a difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    In previous seasons this topic came up here. How long have LoI fans been calling for a streaming service and now that there is one a lot of people are engaging in a dose of self harm to the league and by extension our clubs by copping out of the price of a (Dublin city centre) pint. Plenty brag about it and share links on Twitter. Ive been guilty myself occasionally with EPL games but for LoI individuals buying a stream or season pass could actually make a difference.
    Well said…. Maybe I’m getting old but it does astound me as to how blasé people are nowadays in calling out how proud they are of ripping off service providers in general and as Nesta says more specifically hopefully this doesn’t effect the ongoing viability of LOITV - which I personally think is fantastic value

I’m no saint etc. so please don’t let anyone take my comment too personally - it’s just a general observation of how we as a society have evolved ( and I know Ireland of the 60’s onward wasn’t exactly perfect - I know this as I was there)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Is a "supporter" still a supporter if he/she is ripping off LOITV?
    On the season pass, how are LOITV expecting LoI supporters to sign up for a season pass when the star games of the weekend clash with their own club's fixtures?
    Pat's v Derry was the star game of last weekend. It should have been on at a different time to every other game. The LOITV season pass is then more attractive when you can catch your club's away games and also the star game of the weekend.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    A good guide to that would be the viewing figures on LOI TV of the sligo-Rovers game last Saturday night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    A good guide to that would be the viewing figures on LOI TV of the sligo-Rovers game last Saturday night.
    I watched the battle of the Rovers last week. Bought the season pass, mainly for the Pats away games, but I’ll probably watch a fair few other games where they don’t clash with Pats games. Agree about watching on dodgy boxes etc. If LOI tv is discontinued because of that we’ll all be the losers.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Is a "supporter" still a supporter if he/she is ripping off LOITV?
    Still a supporter but stingy, short-sighted, and quite probably doing some long-term damage to their own club and league though. Its no different than breaking into a ground to watch a game live keeping money out of the club you support.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Sad to hear the sales haven't been good but realistically the audience is probably tiny. Most supporters go to at least 50/60% of the home games and if they aren't going it's because they are busy with something else. So they are likely only interested in away games particularly as clubs are limiting tickets for away fans. I would have hoped that would be enough to be honest. You'd think 120 for 18 away games would be enticing. The population that is interested in watching games featuring clubs they don't support has to be miniscule. I've no interest myself in watching other games 90% of the time and LoI is really all I'm into...well I suppose Rovers are all I'm into..... I'll watch out direct competition once or twice and I'll watch highlights. As it stands it's only appealing to LoI fans and maybe a few neutrals who've been coerced.

So it's relying on people paying for it and not using it. If even a small portion of the people who ARE using it are getting it illegally its fooked. And we moaned about there being no season pass, got the season pass back and now nobody seems to be buying it! I hope they are just doing individual games?

The value for me is in being able to watch games after the fact and in being able to watch from abroad. But the big games that you'd pay 120 quid to rewatch over and over are covered on RTE and there aren't enough people abroad to carry it.

Sadly I think it's doomed to fail and will actually end up as a stick used to beat the league down whenever we go looking for a tv deal or complain to RTE about their coverage etc. It shouldn't be because a tv deal with a feature game every week at a regular time with some build up and marketing behind it would attract new fans in my view.

Or maybe numbers will pick up enough to cover the costs and keep it going. I hope so. Eventually we need a proper tv deal though and I wanted this to do well enough to justify a bit of interest.
    Last edited by ontheotherhand; 24/02/2023 at 2:37 AM.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    I'll probably end up paying for all the away matches as my son will watch them all (rarely travels) and i wont travel to all matches either so season pass works out well for me. Id also watch other matches when they dont clash with Rovers (Pats Derry last Friday).
    Its probably fairly marginal for most people who might watch 9 or 10 away matches for their own club at a cost of €70 ,, for the extra 50 i think its worth the convenience of having the pass as you end up watching matches you wouldnt have paid to watch individulaly...plus you are supporting the service

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    for the extra 50 i think its worth the convenience of having the pass as you end up watching matches you wouldnt have paid to watch individulaly...plus you are supporting the service
    This goes back to my point about having a "star game" of the weekend at a different time. The season pass is then attractive if the average supporters plan is to watch 10-12 away games and watch the league's finest silver as well.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    The value of the season pass is very good if you are going to watch a minimum of a game every other week or if you just like watching the games on TV but I’d say that market is tiny.
    I personally haven’t got it as I will be at every home game and almost every away game and if I miss a game it will be because I’ve something else on so wouldn’t see it anyway. I’ll pay for the very odd game I miss and with all games bar Sligo’s home games on at the same time it doesn’t really benefit people who aren’t able to watch other teams as they are at their own teams games.
    The only way to possibly increase viewership is having staggered kick offs over a weekend but that’s a whole other discussion.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Still a supporter but stingy, short-sighted, and quite probably doing some long-term damage to their own club and league though. Its no different than breaking into a ground to watch a game live keeping money out of the club you support.
    And on that note, I see Dundalk giving out about effectively that same thing - adults buying U12 tickets online for a game.

Seems there's *****s there, whether online or in real life. Though I guess it's always easier to justify online theft.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    I bought it and the moment I did I realised I defo wouldn't get the value from it but sure so be it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    And on that note, I see Dundalk giving out about effectively that same thing - adults buying U12 tickets online for a game.

Seems there's *****s there, whether online or in real life. Though I guess it's always easier to justify online theft.
    Sadly nothing new in that statement. If some adults got in on juvenile tickets (juvenile defined as being u12 rather than a level of maturity) if I, and probably and plenty of others, were to take a walk through The Shed side Id be pretty sure that a number of the culprits could be pointed out! It is not nice to hear about volunteers getting abuse for doing their delegated tasks - back to the whole private/professional security needs discussion.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast