Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Membership Scheme

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts

Membership Scheme

Available from Friday: https://www.limerickpost.ie/2021/03/...paign=Facebook

For 20e a month you get:

”A free streaming pass for all men’s and women’s games this season;
    Exclusive behind the scenes access including webinars with the Chairman and first team managers during the season;
    Monthly newsletter exclusively for members;
    An introductory welcome pack for members;
    A commitment that all funds contributed will be invested directly in the club"

Worth it, anyone think?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think it's reasonable, I'll be interested to see what the price of family packages is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    It's not great

If the watchloi is 60 or 70 bucks what's the rest of the money for?

Webinars and newsletters?

"A commitment that all funds will be invested directly in the club"

I should hope so like! Where else would it be going?!

I know it's not realistic but I'd like to know the breakdown between men and women as well.

I would like to see this treaty thing do well.

But so far it's not good

At all

Website near non existent in lack of information

Woejus social media presence

Not so much as a fella with a camera phone at their first ever game to mark it

Do they have underage

Why doesn't the "membership" make you a member - with a vote and stuff like that

At the moment it's "give us 180 quid because.."

They've had well over a year to get this right

If someone could answer some of the above with an answer that isn't "ugh you're soooooo negative" I'd be genuinely interested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post

Do they have underage
    I can't answer anything else, but as far as I am aware they have a U-17 team and thats it. POS' Limerick is still fielding teams at other levels right?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think it's a little bit unfair to expect them to be 100% ready considering how late in the day it was before they were officially accepted into the league. No matter what commitment they were given through unofficial channels, I'm sure they were confident of getting into the underage boys/men last year too before they were forced to withdraw so I can understand not having every box ticked. The website design is decent, and I'd expect the content to follow. They're very active on Twitter, with at least one or two posts most days. I'm also making an assumption that these are all maintained on a voluntary basis.

The lack of coverage for the Waterford game was odd, I do wonder if that had to do with not revealing the kit before there's a proper launch. You could argue that was poor timing, but again they've been forced to operate with totally unreasonable timelines.

The total silence about the underage boys/men is a bit concerning alright, especially in light of Limerick FC seemingly operating on the basis that they will be in it again this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    I suspect the lack of Treaty photography/media at the friendly might also be reflective of Covid restrictions. It was probably just the team and coaches there, and no one thought to arrange anything else. But that's just guesswork on my part.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    I can't answer anything else, but as far as I am aware they have a U-17 team and thats it. POS' Limerick is still fielding teams at other levels right?
    Is that not the women's u17 team. I was told last week they have no academy in place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I must say I’m impressed so far by Treaty’s efforts in a short frame of time. Will they have an underage structure for 2021? Is there any chance the name Limerick will return in the medium term

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harpin View Post
    Is that not the women's u17 team. I was told last week they have no academy in place.
    You may be right. I thought an U17 mens time was a requirement for LOI though.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    It's not great

If the watchloi is 60 or 70 bucks what's the rest of the money for?

Webinars and newsletters?

I should hope so like! Where else would it be going?!

I know it's not realistic but I'd like to know the breakdown between men and women as well.

I would like to see this treaty thing do well.

But so far it's not good

At all

Website near non existent in lack of information

Woejus social media presence

Not so much as a fella with a camera phone at their first ever game to mark it

Do they have underage

Why doesn't the "membership" make you a member - with a vote and stuff like that

At the moment it's "give us 180 quid because.."

They've had well over a year to get this right

If someone could answer some of the above with an answer that isn't "ugh you're soooooo negative" I'd be genuinely interested.

Jaysus LTID I know you're around the place as long as myself watching false dawns and listening to fantasy promises but this is harsh coming so early I think from you.

My first impression also was, sure I will just buy WatchLOI but what else can the club offer at this stage ? Its an attempt to engage, include and have open communication at least, all badly needed things. & WatchLOI is 70 bucks for half a season no ?

Past investment / sponsorship has vanished immediately down a black hole to pay a bill run up by a club being run badly I think hasn't it ?

The breakdown between men and women in what respect ? Is it the board ? Its all there on the site also. If not, what did you mean ?

I mailed the contact page on the site last week, asking about sponsorship options and fixtures, both since added ( ideally the clubs fixtures only, the whole division was added ) but it was done.

The squad info you were on here looking for is all on those woejus social media pages.

Yes, someone should have taken some pictures in Waterford but todays game was streamed ( by Athlone I think ) so lets see if Saturdays game in Limerick is streamed also. I needs to be I feel. Again, the line ups from today etc was all there on the various pages.

They are advertising open days to build a fledgling underage, its a little acorn start but its there.

Well if the fanbase had it in them to set this up through a membership owned entity, the floor was open, they hadn't. LIFT etc all fell on their arses so these people did it instead. Support is optional, but if you stood up and got this up and running would you want those who didn't bother now suddenly buying in to tell you how its done & what to do ? Me neither.

Its 180 quid because we all wanted a team back in the league, and now there is one, we all wanted a club trying to do things transparently & properly and now there is one, we all wanted no more bull**** spin and lies, and now we have that, so if you like the sound of that, throw a few quid at it people, if not no worries. The squad announced is half decent, it might even be competitive at the level, not successful but credible in the division. All that has been done, unveiled and is in place without one f**king penny of gate receipts on the way to pay for it. How bout that for a ' because ' ?

They had over a year ? have you looked at the mess the FAI is above in Dublin ? Those clowns couldn't find their arse with both hands, never mind give Limerick football assurances over the last year. These people had hope, an aspiration to put LOI back in town and that took time and effort in itself. You want the icing when there might have been no cake even here. That is all before you consider that nutjob in his gold chair in Bruff trying to legally torpedo it.

Yeah, there are gaps, but equally there is achievement here, a fair bit accomplished thus far and even if it goes the same way as all other efforts at senior ball in this region, it deserves a chance and a fair hearing before being judged.

Good luck and well done to all involved.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Jaysus LTID I know you're around the place as long as myself watching false dawns and listening to fantasy promises but this is harsh coming so early I think from you.
    Why? What did I do?!

My first impression also was, sure I will just buy WatchLOI but what else can the club offer at this stage ? Its an attempt to engage, include and have open communication at least, all badly needed things. & WatchLOI is 70 bucks for half a season no ?
    Right. Same impression as me. I'm with you so far.

Past investment / sponsorship has vanished immediately down a black hole to pay a bill run up by a club being run badly I think hasn't it ?
    Treaty will be unique in having no black hole of bills?

I just thought

Is a stupid thing to say. It's not a comment on Treatys finances or how Treaty is ran or even what they are going to do with the money. It just amused me as a stupid thing to say.

The breakdown between men and women in what respect ? Is it the board ? Its all there on the site also. If not, what did you mean ?
    I meant the breakdown of where the money goes.

Which isn't realistic. I would like to know. But there's lots of things I'd like to know that it's not realistic for me to know so meh.

I mailed the contact page on the site last week, asking about sponsorship options and fixtures, both since added ( ideally the clubs fixtures only, the whole division was added ) but it was done.
    OK.

The squad info you were on here looking for is all on those woejus social media pages.
    Facebook? I'm old. No mens senior squad on the website that I can see?

Yes, someone should have taken some pictures in Waterford
    Agreed 1000%

They are advertising open days to build a fledgling underage, its a little acorn start but its there.
    Their underage teams are already more or less signed I'd say.

Ger Moran 19s

Trevor Lovelle 17s

Anyone know who the 15s and 14s are?

Well if the fanbase had it in them to set this up through a membership owned entity, the floor was open, they hadn't. LIFT etc all fell on their arses so these people did it instead. Support is optional, but if you stood up and got this up and running would you want those who didn't bother now suddenly buying in to tell you how its done & what to do ? Me neither.
    Don't advertise memberships then? If you don't want members?

Its 180 quid because we all wanted a team back in the league, and now there is one, we all wanted a club trying to do things transparently & properly and now there is one, we all wanted no more bull**** spin and lies, and now we have that, so if you like the sound of that, throw a few quid at it people, if not no worries. The squad announced is half decent, it might even be competitive at the level, not successful but credible in the division. All that has been done, unveiled and is in place without one f**king penny of gate receipts on the way to pay for it. How bout that for a ' because ' ?
    Not great.

It's mainly you emoting.

You get that no club ever has started off saying bad things right?

There's fella balls deep in Treaty that thought Pat O'Sullivan was super cool long after you would have, there are very few actual goodies and baddies in football, it's like the real world that way.

Treaty from minute one there has been bull**** spin and lies with some of the more gullible members of the Blue Army being sent out to talk absolute rubbish about the name. It's insulting to peoples intelligence and isn't a good look.

I hope Treaty do well.

I will be joining Treaty if it is the only way to get into games after superflu.

May Treaty survive, thrive and change it's name to Limerick in time for 2022.

I am a Treaty fan.

Go Treaty!

But equally, I'm not going to say everything is wonderful when everything isn't wonderful just because Mike Aherne or Tommy Barrett says it's wonderful. Been there, done that, own the xxl t shirts to prove it.