Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Michael Robinson & Cádiz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Michael Robinson & Cádiz

Hey friends;
    I´m very happy because my Spanish home team Cádiz promotioned yesterday to Spanish Primera Liga, and I will see Becks, Ronaldinho and Co. next season in my stadium !! (and maybe Steven Gerrard with Real Madrid )
    I don´t know if you know, but former Republic of Ireland player Michael Robinson is one of the members of Cádiz management structure (i think he is one of the directors). He played in Spanish team Osasuna, but suddenly he "fell in love" with Cádiz football team for some reason and after some years supporting them, he decided to be a director of the team !!!
    Robinson is a former English born player who always consider himself "English" in Spain and Liverpool fan, and in an interview, he remembered that the first time when he played with Ireland he didn´t know their "own" national anthem !! Probably that has happened with another English born Ireland players, but it´s amazing to hear it !
    Anyway, he is a big guy...he was crying yesterday after the game ! and he is also very happy with Liverpool winning the champions league and Cádiz promotion to Primera Liga !!
    Sadly, I can´t celebrate also Galway promotion this year though I think Cork´s good games can be positive in the players spirits for the future. We almost beat top of the table Dublin City !!!!
    C´mon the Tribesmen !!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Congratulations to Cadiz

Having spent a week in Cadiz in May (including a visit to Ramon De Carranza for a victory over Cordoba) I can see why anyone would fall in love as it is a truly magical city and an amazing place to watch football

Can't wait to go back-hopefully the tickets won't be too hard to get

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky
    Having spent a week in Cadiz in May (including a visit to Ramon De Carranza for a victory over Cordoba) I can see why anyone would fall in love as it is a truly magical city and an amazing place to watch football

Can't wait to go back-hopefully the tickets won't be too hard to get
    Thanks for your comments Bluesky, if you want to travel here next year, just tell me and i will try to find tickets
    The problem is that the stadium is being re-building and it won´t be finished until 2007 at least !!