Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pre-season 2021

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    No team sheet issued but we played shels in the morning so i think it was basically full squad plus some academy split fairly evenly for the two matches.
    Which game did Robbie play in?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Played against UCD. lectured them a bit.

Pats winning pre season, longford looking like losing it

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Played against UCD. lectured them a bit.
    I presume he didn't actually?

(It's the LoI - you never know. About anything!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Fair play to Longford Town for streaming the game yesterday, it was a really good service. The main commentator was very good, the co-comm, eh... not so good.

On the game, I believe Longford have lost their three previous friendlies and if I was them, I'd be worried heading into the new season on yesterday's evidence also.

We started a very weakened side and I thought we were comfortable and worthy winners in the end. Of our starting eleven I would say three, or at most four were starters. Two of those were playing out of position; McCormack as a centre back - bizarre, and O'Keeffe as a centre-back instead of a wing-back. It was like John didn't want to show his hand.

Francely Lomboto showed his promise, he took his goal well and his pace and directness caused Longford problems. Christopher Horgan also had a solid game at right wing-back, but neither would be considered anything more than squad players at present, which doesn't bode well for Longford.
    Last edited by Olander; 07/03/2021 at 11:37 AM.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    [QUOTE=Olander;2067545]Fair play to Longford Town for streaming the game yesterday, it was a really good service. The main commentator was very good, the co-comm, eh... not so good.

On the game, I believe Longford have lost their three previous friendlies and if I was them, I'd be worried heading into the new season on yesterday's evidence also.

We started a very weakened side and I thought we were comfortable and worthy winners in the end. Of our starting eleven I would say three, or at most four were starters. Two of those were playing out of position; McCormack as a centre back - bizarre, and O'Keeffe as a centre-back instead of a wing-back. It was like John didn't want to show his hand.

Francely Lomboto showed his promise, he took his goal well and his pace and directness caused Longford problems. Christopher Horgan also had a solid game at right wing-back, but neither would be considered anything more than squad players at present, which doesn't bode well for Longford.[/Q 7UOTE]

7 of the squad have come through our academy fantastic work from all involved.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I presume he didn't actually?

(It's the LoI - you never know. About anything!)
    No he didnt actualy play. He does look in good knick though, and its always been his dream

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    To play against UCD?

Whatever floats his boat I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    No he didnt actualy play. He does look in good knick though, and its always been his dream
    Isnt it every footballers dream! Sure why else has Messi been so unsettled.,,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Great coverage in the papers this morning of the Presidents cup media days. I think I especially like Bradley saying “Rovers are in Dundalk’s head” and then spending the whole articles talking about Dundalk.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Just him, and everyone else at Rovers bemused at the amount of trash talking that various people in oriel pk seem intent on. I'd wager inside the Rovers dressing room that it's boez they fear overhauling them this season , than the united nations of dundalk and their ragtag management collective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Great coverage in the papers this morning of the Presidents cup media days. I think I especially like Bradley saying “Rovers are in Dundalk’s head” and then spending the whole articles talking about Dundalk.
    To be fair to Bradser he was responding to journalists asking him about Dundalk and trying to get him to give an opinion on Super Mario etc
    Hoobin, the Manager whoever that is etc.
    I thought the tea lady line was a good one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Just him, and everyone else at Rovers bemused at the amount of trash talking that various people in oriel pk seem intent on. I'd wager inside the Rovers dressing room that it's boez they fear overhauling them this season , than the united nations of dundalk and their ragtag management collective.
    Hope this is true. Write us off, we're a basket case. No chance this ragtag rabble will get the better of the Galacticos..... Again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Its a bit of a strange thing to say but from the angle that Id be bothered if Rovers are not in Dundalk's head as champions and favourites. Bohs are in Rovers head every season and visa versa. I suppose it a bit more interesting than the sort of stock answer of only thinking of the next game etc. I hope Bradley say lots of contentious stuff as in the past it has served as motivation for others ala 'Their cup final' during the Bohs hoodoo. Ive a suspicion that Sligo could be the Rovers that need to be in Dundalk's head as they are very quiet in building a good squad with a manager who knows how to put in a title challange, definitely the outside bet.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Town signal a likely title charge by demolishing Cabo u12s (probably) 6-0 in an unscheduled friendly. Playing Athlone tomorrow as well. We'll lose that one.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I like LTFC but I think it will be a long season for them. Seeing Drogheda last week, they look equipped to have a real go at staying away from relegation and will especially be strong at home. Harps have the Houdini act perfected but are a decent side and can play. Will be safe and could have another nice cu run especially if the draw is kind - Dont know how Ollie will cope in post match interviews if sitting pretty in the table and not so much to be negative about - he'll probably prefer to be chilling in a stand shoes off and feet up! Waterford are a club that Longford need to target and get ahead of. Hard to know how Devine will do with Derry but could be got at too if they get in to any sort of rut. Now that Ive said that Longford will probably become Dundalk's bogey team.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Unless a lot of our players manage the step up better than I expect them to, I tend to agree unfortunately. We have a few that I expect to show up well but not enough most likely. That said if that's the level of squad we can afford then so be it.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    We bet Shels 2-0 in Abbotstown. Johnny Kenny scoring his fifth goal of pre season. 17 year old son of Johnny Kenny who played in our cup winning team in 94.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Am I right in saying Waterford's only friendlies are a draw with Treaty and a 3-0 loss to Cork? Any more friendlies planned or what’s going on there? Seems very strange to have that few games

EDIT: Have just seen on Twitter they’re playing Wexford today
    Last edited by 2 Year Contract; 13/03/2021 at 2:41 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    UCD 0-2 Pats

Ronan Coughlan and Matty Smith with the goals to secure the pre-season title for pats. Disappointing now we have to wait until early 2022 for the important stuff to start back, looking forward to next pre-season already

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Finn Harps 1-0 Cork City, Tony McNamee with the goal.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast