Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Need a bit of help with privacy settings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Need a bit of help with privacy settings

okay here's the deal ..I recently had cause to visit a couple of sites that have some how shall we say rather fruity content. nothing illegal or bringing the game into disrepute mind -just naughty, naughty verrrrrrrrrrry naughty.

Now when i'm online and there's an address bar at the top of the screen and the dropscreen from it features the URL address of the site in question.

when I'm using word or excel and want to hyperlink to an address this site is offered as an option. I imagine its the same in outlook -which i've disabled incidently in my quest to get rid of the feckin thing. so that's a re-installation job that's gonna cause questions to be asked.

I've gone through my internet privacy settings and can't find the solution.

any suggestions for a crazy mixed up kid who loves his wife and his testicles and would dearly like to keep all three (1 wife + 2 testicles )

She's due home soon. Time is a factor people.

tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock .....
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Sorry man can't help you,but i will pray for you.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    From an open Internet Explorer window, go up to Tools, select Internet Options and then clear your history. Should do the trick. Will clear all addresses.
    Celebrating 130 Years of Athlone Town Football Club - Pride of the Midlands Since 1887

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Google for an index.dat eraser. This will clear anything related to any website you have ever visited. Even if you have deleted all you temporary internet files etc they will still be held in that index.dat, so if you download a trial version of an index.dat eraser I'm fairly sure this should solve your problem. (I think!!)
    Last edited by cullenswood; 20/06/2005 at 1:18 PM.
    UCD sha-la-la

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As Homer Simpson once said "Weaseling out of things is important to learn, its what seperates us from the animals, except the weasel"

This happened to me last summer, when i was living at home, now my mother is fairly PC illiterate but i came up with the following

Oh Dear, where did those websites come from - it must have been that bug email that i recieved into my inbox, from sean, we were warned about it in work, he even told me about it, it attaches itself onto the browser and logs on, after going out to all your email addresses. it searches for various websites, ...sorry but thats the best explaination I can come up with.

And it worked, my mother believed me !!

I'm not suggesting you lie to your wife, no way, but if you can't come up with a plausible reason as D12 said, pray ...