Your a millionaire but your dropped
    What a weird week for the lad
    Pretty great week all in all

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Notwithstanding the "what Kenny probably meant" explanation, it was still a deeply ambiguous and potentially self-defeating statement. If that's what he meant, he could have expanded and made the point a little bit more legible. But if that is what he meant, it's a fair point. Ronan is a bit of an enigma. He's generally impressed at the levels at which he's played which is weirdly eclectic (Championship, SPL, Slovakia, Swiss 2nd tier) and yet has never has a chance to prove he can perform at PL level. This is not a dissimilar career journey to Hoolahan. I guess PL managers(and our then international manager) looking at Wessi may have made a similar judgement - "technically gifted, but too small and lightweight for the physical demands of the highest level" - but they were kind of proved wrong in the end. We simply don't know whether he's good enough to play at PL or international level, but Kenny had a way to find out by picking him. It seems ludicrous to implicitly challenge his club to give him game time when he wasn't willing to that himself. But that's Kenny.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Of course sharing the same agent is relevant. Cognitive dissonance is real here.
    Completely irrelevant to my point. Maybe have a re-read?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMSHAKALAKA View Post
    Completely irrelevant to my point. Maybe have a re-read?
    "Having Kenny in charge can't be helpful in keeping Hodge" was your point I was responding to. You provide reasons then why it wouldn't be helpful - reasons which were subjective opinions. You ignored that Kenny and Hodge share an agent which is an objective fact and by anyone's measure would "be helpful" in some way towards keeping Hodge.

Not looking for a SWOT analysis here but you pull points to suit your agenda which are subjective and accord weighting to them to suit that agenda and counter any response.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    "Having Kenny in charge can't be helpful in keeping Hodge" was your point I was responding to. You provide reasons then why it wouldn't be helpful - reasons which were subjective opinions. You ignored that Kenny and Hodge share an agent which is an objective fact and by anyone's measure would "be helpful" in some way towards keeping Hodge.

Not looking for a SWOT analysis here but you pull points to suit your agenda which are subjective and accord weighting to them to suit that agenda and counter any response.
    Ah I see your mistake. You didn't read my whole post, here's some you missed:

'Still, I think Rice was influenced to a certain degree by the Irish set up at the time of his decision to commit treason. Having Kenny in charge can't be helpful in keeping Hodge but hopefully he gets called up and plays against Latvia or France.'

Now you see your error?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Treason is a bit much.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    It's not enough!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Disappointing no loan move secured yet to keep up his momentum and help him get into irish squad. He’s unlikely to see any consistent senior game time at wolves for remainder of the season given superior midfield reinforcements that they’ve brought in.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    "Does not and will not" - did you ever consider getting into scouting if you are such an all knowing assessor and predictor of young players?

I appreciate his comments and take them at face value. My issue is more with the ceiling you are so confident in placing on him in terms of his potential as a player and how far he would go as a club player - regardless of how that translates to international level (but were I to estimate top half Premiership would be enough for England caps then I could conclude that you believe top half Premiership is beyond him).

Either way, I look forward to seeing how far he will go for club (who knows) and country (Ireland).
    No sign of Hodge even on the bench for past couple of months, as anticipated. Disappointing to see but not surprising. Manager apparently blocked loan move to keep him around the club in Jan, detrimental to his development. He should get game time with our under 21s later this month, unlikely to see any more senior game time for the rest of the season. Will be 21 at start of next season with minimal senior game time under his belt, would surprise me if he makes it in a top league and as a regular for us.
    Last edited by tommy_c12000; 16/03/2023 at 1:38 AM.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    I disagree with that Tommy. He is highly rated at Wolves but they were in a relegation battle at Christmas and needed more experience in midfield, hard to rely on 20 in that situation. They bought 4 midfielders and still wouldn't loan him out because they still rate him. I think he showed enough that he has talent and at 20 has plenty of time to develop further. I can see him being a regular for us within next 2 years

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Will be 21 at start of next season with minimal senior game time under his belt, would surprise me if he makes it in a top league and as a regular for us.
    How's Ryan Burke getting on Tom ?
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    I'd be hopeful he will be a Championship regular at worst. The point about his age is well made but there are close to 2vyears lost from the leg fracture and spinal stress fracture. To come through both those is a credit to the lad. I think he will be the force driving that 21s

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    I'd be hopeful he will be a Championship regular at worst. The point about his age is well made but there are close to 2vyears lost from the leg fracture and spinal stress fracture. To come through both those is a credit to the lad. I think he will be the force driving that 21s
    Sorry its hodge I'm talking about. Hopefully ryan Burke can push on looked to be a reasonable prospect though not in thevhodge bracket of potential

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Could have a new manager soon. Reports that Julen Lopetegui is in talks with Wolves owners about terminating his contract. Gary O'Neill linked with the job if Lopetegui does leave.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Wolves are an outside pick for relegation this season

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Wolves are an outside pick for relegation this season
    " " Outside " " ? ? ! !

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Manager gone officially it seems. Bad news for Hodge, i suspect the incoming manager won’t give him the opportunities he has already been afforded

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Bringing up a comment with a clear caveat. Nice let’s see how Hodge ends up

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Manager gone officially it seems. Bad news for Hodge, i suspect the incoming manager won’t give him the opportunities he has already been afforded
    Might be good news for Hodge. Lopetegui didnt play him all 2nd half of last season. New manager might like him more! Glass half full Tommy
    Its really not that complicated!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Love the optimism! Just don’t see a new manager coming in giving him a chance, wolves are surely one of the relegation favorites next year. Joe didn’t exactly impress much during any of his premier league appearances to justify being able to contribute meaningfully from the get go.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast