Your a millionaire but your dropped
    What a weird week for the lad
    Pretty great week all in all

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Notwithstanding the "what Kenny probably meant" explanation, it was still a deeply ambiguous and potentially self-defeating statement. If that's what he meant, he could have expanded and made the point a little bit more legible. But if that is what he meant, it's a fair point. Ronan is a bit of an enigma. He's generally impressed at the levels at which he's played which is weirdly eclectic (Championship, SPL, Slovakia, Swiss 2nd tier) and yet has never has a chance to prove he can perform at PL level. This is not a dissimilar career journey to Hoolahan. I guess PL managers(and our then international manager) looking at Wessi may have made a similar judgement - "technically gifted, but too small and lightweight for the physical demands of the highest level" - but they were kind of proved wrong in the end. We simply don't know whether he's good enough to play at PL or international level, but Kenny had a way to find out by picking him. It seems ludicrous to implicitly challenge his club to give him game time when he wasn't willing to that himself. But that's Kenny.

BANNED FOR AWFUL JOKES
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Of course sharing the same agent is relevant. Cognitive dissonance is real here.
    Completely irrelevant to my point. Maybe have a re-read?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,027 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMSHAKALAKA View Post
    Completely irrelevant to my point. Maybe have a re-read?
    "Having Kenny in charge can't be helpful in keeping Hodge" was your point I was responding to. You provide reasons then why it wouldn't be helpful - reasons which were subjective opinions. You ignored that Kenny and Hodge share an agent which is an objective fact and by anyone's measure would "be helpful" in some way towards keeping Hodge.

Not looking for a SWOT analysis here but you pull points to suit your agenda which are subjective and accord weighting to them to suit that agenda and counter any response.

BANNED FOR AWFUL JOKES
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    "Having Kenny in charge can't be helpful in keeping Hodge" was your point I was responding to. You provide reasons then why it wouldn't be helpful - reasons which were subjective opinions. You ignored that Kenny and Hodge share an agent which is an objective fact and by anyone's measure would "be helpful" in some way towards keeping Hodge.

Not looking for a SWOT analysis here but you pull points to suit your agenda which are subjective and accord weighting to them to suit that agenda and counter any response.
    Ah I see your mistake. You didn't read my whole post, here's some you missed:

'Still, I think Rice was influenced to a certain degree by the Irish set up at the time of his decision to commit treason. Having Kenny in charge can't be helpful in keeping Hodge but hopefully he gets called up and plays against Latvia or France.'

Now you see your error?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,980 Posts
    Treason is a bit much.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,535 Posts
    It's not enough!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    358 Posts
    Disappointing no loan move secured yet to keep up his momentum and help him get into irish squad. He’s unlikely to see any consistent senior game time at wolves for remainder of the season given superior midfield reinforcements that they’ve brought in.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678