Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: WatchLOI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    I'm guessing the coverage will just get relegated to LOITV.

I think it'll be an acceptable alternative as long as it's temporary. There's no point speculating on when fans could be back but people will be disappointed if this is the only coverage for the rest of the season.

To be fair to the FAI I think they've done as close to as best they can in a pretty dire situation if they manage to provide coverage of every PD and FD game this season.

I'm not sure if clubs would have been in favor of WatchLOI being available in normal times for fear of it affecting attendance, but I think LOITV's product is just about bad enough that clubs might be happy enough to have it there as an alternative option. (Would probably need to pay closer to the equivalent of a matchday ticket)

Personally would be absolutely devastated to lose the streaming services as an exile, my interest in Irish football has grown tenfold since actually being able to watch games for the first time in 5 years or so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yurt View Post
    I'm guessing the coverage will just get relegated to LOITV.

I think it'll be an acceptable alternative as long as it's temporary. There's no point speculating on when fans could be back but people will be disappointed if this is the only coverage for the rest of the season.

To be fair to the FAI I think they've done as close to as best they can in a pretty dire situation if they manage to provide coverage of every PD and FD game this season.

I'm not sure if clubs would have been in favor of WatchLOI being available in normal times for fear of it affecting attendance, but I think LOITV's product is just about bad enough that clubs might be happy enough to have it there as an alternative option. (Would probably need to pay closer to the equivalent of a matchday ticket)

Personally would be absolutely devastated to lose the streaming services as an exile, my interest in Irish football has grown tenfold since actually being able to watch games for the first time in 5 years or so.
    Pretty sure it's not going to be LOI TV.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Looks like the clubs will be covering the games themselves but it will be via a single platform and you can still subscribe to all games or buy game by game.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    I did notice earlier tonight that Watchloi has clamped down on fans watchin same game with same a/c but in diff locations. Me and the younger brother were able to do it successfully earlier this season but not tonight. Pauro was able to log in and view it but I logged in with same a/c but couldnt view it at all. Think their server must ave detected us!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    I was never able to do that as I tried it a few times to save the 5er and swiftly saw the phone screen light up with the Father in laws name as it had then kicked him out of his stream, gave him a message about having it open on another browser, which was me 3 miles away.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    I did notice earlier tonight that Watchloi has clamped down on fans watchin same game with same a/c but in diff locations. Me and the younger brother were able to do it successfully earlier this season but not tonight. Pauro was able to log in and view it but I logged in with same a/c but couldnt view it at all. Think their server must ave detected us!
    Down in the first division LOITV has been like this from the start. Not that I’d be sharing it around but if you watched a game on your phone and then want to watch the next game on your tablet or any different device, you have to delete the previous device. Slightly annoying if you’re in a rush at 7:45

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LOI101 View Post
    Down in the first division LOITV has been like this from the start. Not that I’d be sharing it around but if you watched a game on your phone and then want to watch the next game on your tablet or any different device, you have to delete the previous device. Slightly annoying if you’re in a rush at 7:45
    Worse, even logging into pay for a game on your phone or computer meant you had to delete the other devices, and then login whatever device you planned to watch the game on and delete the phone or laptop you used to pay for the game on. Frustrating process.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    This seasons WatchLoI experience certainly has shown how key replays are to watching a game on tv/online. Ive found myself at games previously half expecting to see an incident again (fellow supporters filling in the gap) so not to do so during tv coverage was just rubbish. I look forwrd to Dundalk doing their own production again and available on a central platform - how it should have been done from the start imo.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Now that I've had almost 24hrs to overcome the trauma of seeing my beloved team lose a game (#prayforPC&#128079 it's clear that Rovers were completely unbalanced in how they were set up-I'm assuming due to injuries. Gary O'Neill was alone in playing the defensive midfield role, and combined with Grace looking like a new born giraffe learning to walk, it gave dundalk an option on the break numerous times. Rovers miss a LOT of chances in every game they play-neither Greene nor Gaffney are 20 goals a year guys, so the midfield and Burke need to step up.
    2 more games until the mid-season break, which could be coming at a good time for Rovers, but that depends on the next 2 results I guess.
    As for everyone else, it's clear as day that dundalk have the players, but the farcical nature of the club gives the players an easy out, particularly the established ones. They can finish 2nd or 8th this season but someone of note and actual managerial ability in the dugout is needed soon for them to salvage their season.
    To me Sligo look best placed to challenge Rovers for the league , especially with Bolger running their midfield and the exciting kids up front.
    Its a mystery to me how pats are as high in the table as they are, having watched them a few times now - For me both Dundalk & Boez are better than them.
    I'd rate O'Donnell as a manager and he's getting a tune out of them for sure, but I don't expect them to finish in the top 3 this season.
    Boez have 3 exciting young players in bury, tierney and coote, and some hard working midfielders but the laughable stocking up front and their woejus back 5 will cost them a European place unless the July window brings some personnel changes.
    I think Higgins will do a good job at Derry, Drogs recruited well so will avoid any relegation worries, and Harps are Harps and could go far in the cup given a decent draw.
    Waterford seem determined to join their munster brethren cork in the 1st division, and Longford will struggle but could survive a play off and remain in the division.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Looks like the clubs will be covering the games themselves but it will be via a single platform and you can still subscribe to all games or buy game by game.
    Sounds similar to what most Irish Legue clubs have been doing this season, with the majority of them using the 247 platform. Quality of production all down to what each club was willing to pay, but great graphics, instant replays etc for those that paid the extra.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Parker View Post
    Sounds similar to what most Irish Legue clubs have been doing this season, with the majority of them using the 247 platform. Quality of production all down to what each club was willing to pay, but great graphics, instant replays etc for those that paid the extra.
    The national league in England was the same , a bit hit and miss. The coverage would vary by club to club some excellent but others barely watchable.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LOI101 View Post
    It only takes like four seconds though?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    This seasons WatchLoI experience certainly has shown how key replays are to watching a game on tv/online. Ive found myself at games previously half expecting to see an incident again (fellow supporters filling in the gap) so not to do so during tv coverage was just rubbish. I look forwrd to Dundalk doing their own production again and available on a central platform - how it should have been done from the start imo.
    The clubs will do it better than WatchLOI have all along. Some of the FD clubs have been offering a superior service all season.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    Now I think about it I think my club didnt do WatchLOI last season which explains how me and my brother were able to watch a loi match from the same a/c in two diff countries. Aplogises for confusion caused.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    The clubs will do it better than WatchLOI have all along. Some of the FD clubs have been offering a superior service all season.
    I'm not sure about that. They won't have High Definition. The commentators won't be as good. WatchLOI was better than anything I saw last season. (Bray's was particularly awful). Apart from the lack of replays, which seems inexplicable, Watch LOI offered a level off professionalism which the clubs' own coverage - good as some of it was - never really matched.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    It's certainly one of those things in which you won't miss it until it's gone.

Some clubs done a great job with streaming, but it wasn't for everyone.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post
    I'm not sure about that. They won't have High Definition. The commentators won't be as good. WatchLOI was better than anything I saw last season. (Bray's was particularly awful). Apart from the lack of replays, which seems inexplicable, Watch LOI offered a level off professionalism which the clubs' own coverage - good as some of it was - never really matched.
    They'll have HD if they want to pay for HD, which afaik some of the clubs are doing. The commentators again will depend on whether the clubs think it's worth the investmnet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    https://www.sligorovers.com/streamin...end-of-season/

So matches will be continued to be streamed but no mention here who will be providing the coverage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    https://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/n...-loitv/id-3737

Confirmation of the Premier Division's switch to LOITV platform.

I believe the new platform makes it easier for clubs to source their own production (i.e. multi cameras, replays, etc.). In the First Division Athlone and Wexford had made that step on the old system, and I expect more FD/WNL clubs will step up to that on the new system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post
    Ah I don't know, i used to love to 2 biased as f*ck lads who did saints TV, (pats lads will know them) while everything was a free to Pats, they were good entertainment, and I'd prefer them to yer one Madigan anytime

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast