Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: WatchLOI

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    No scoreboard or clock in the games this evening ? I'm almost certain they had one in Drogheda game last night . Really is dire stuff and no excuse for it other than lack of effort.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    There was one in the Dundalk game up until Sligo equalised. Commentary is decent, Alan Cawley's a good co-commentator. Showgrounds looking good too.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    I flicked between the 3 games, no scoreboard on any of them. The sound on the Harps Bohs one is terrible, the commentary is very low and muffled. As stated above the platform really does stink of laziness given the brilliant alternative LOI streams we've seen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Feed was jumpy on the Harps game when they had the scoreboard up. When they got rid it became more fluid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze14 View Post
    Feed was jumpy on the Harps game when they had the scoreboard up. When they got rid it became more fluid
    The Sligo match had a similar issue for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Is every game getting two commentators now. I’m enjoying the coverage of the Sligo v Dundalk game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    I'll add to the list of irritations that casting from a laptop to a Chromecast causes a delay of ~30 seconds , adding to whatever lag behind real time was there anyway. Means that updates routinely flash up on Twitter before it happens on the screen. (and Twitter is a very useful resource to keep track of things when there are no replays, not least when three matches are going on at the same time)

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    I think there is a delay of about 30 seconds on Watch LoI (for betting reasons), so maybe that's what you're seeing and not a Chromecast lag?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    I find the android box great for watching it on the TV now. I was hooking up the laptop to the TV last season and was a pain in the neck. I had trouble with getting the chromecast to work and the Smart TV browser didn't work either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    My feed for the Showgrounds was very stuttery until the first goal, so maybe the clock was the issue, you wouldn't have thought it would have an effect but as Einstein said when he was posting here, time is strange.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    I find the android box great for watching it on the TV now. I was hooking up the laptop to the TV last season and was a pain in the neck. I had trouble with getting the chromecast to work and the Smart TV browser didn't work either.
    What browser are you using on the android box? I tried it but for some reason it is always blurry. Have to cast from my android phone to the box and it's fine. Doesn't make sense to me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    It's a complete disaster for me, constant buffering on laptop or casting to a TV, I can stream other sport no bother at all, switched to skorlive this evening, at my wits end with it.....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Commentators are fine. Big issue is the lack of replays. Very strange that they can't manage that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    What browser are you using on the android box? I tried it but for some reason it is always blurry. Have to cast from my android phone to the box and it's fine. Doesn't make sense to me
    I used google chrome, but I have to adjust the picture quality in the bottom right hand corner for every game. The 720 was perfect , I'm not sure if they broadcast the games in 1080 ill check the next time I use it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    How are people getting chromecast to work ? I was trying to cast from my iPad to the tv, but there is no cast logo showing up on watchloi. Chromecast is working on other things from my iPad to TV, e.g YouTube.

According to Watchloi site it’s supposed to work with iPad.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I had it on the laptop, it was ok in terms of buffering. The lack of replays was annoying as others have said. John Kenny wasn't too up to speed with our players but I'll give him a pass on that since RTE are only loosely aware that there is a First Division.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    How are people getting chromecast to work ? I was trying to cast from my iPad to the tv, but there is no cast logo showing up on watchloi. Chromecast is working on other things from my iPad to TV, e.g YouTube.

According to Watchloi site it’s supposed to work with iPad.
    I couldn't get the Chromecast to work from my iPhone. The cast logo only appears on the laptop for me.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    I couldn't get the Chromecast to work from my iPhone. The cast logo only appears on the laptop for me.
    I have a chromecast app. It’s not an official one as far as I know but it allows me to screen mirror the iPhone to the chromecast and it works pretty well.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    I cast from my phone to TV. The cast button on WatchLOI doesn't work so I go into the Chromecast app on my phone and select "cast phone screen". Anything on your phone's screen will then be on TV. If you get a text message it shows up on the TV too so if you've anything to hide that could get you caught!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Biggest talking point of last nights Sligo v Dundalk was Mark Byrnes "goal" getting ruled offside!
    Plenty of talk about it on social media(was it? Wasn't it?) but was awful that WatchLOI were unable to clear things up with a simple thing like a fooking replay.
    Shocking,absolutley shocking!

Thought otherwise the coverage was decent and commentary was excellent. But come on WatchLOI,stop this NO REPLAY siht show now - PLEEEAAASSSSEEEEE!!!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast