Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: WatchLOI

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusher View Post
    Couldn't agree more Nesta, the low take up really ****ed me off. We as LoI fans want respect from media companies, yet there was a lack of self respect shown by fans not buying into the very reasonable pricing structure.
    100% Saw a lot of links posted around social media for free streams, supposed fans not willing to pay €5 a game or buy the extremely reasonable full season or half season packages which would of also funded their clubs infuriated me. Watch Loi was far from perfect but its was the first season and its a service fans were screaming for for a long time
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    325 Posts
    Soccer Republic gone too. Was barely on life support as it was with just a highlights package last year. Online show is the way to go for me. BBC NI do a reasonable effort for IL. Tends be available a lot sooner than 3 days after games had been played.

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Soccer Republic gone too. Was barely on life support as it was with just a highlights package last year. Online show is the way to go for me. BBC NI do a reasonable effort for IL. Tends be available a lot sooner than 3 days after games had been played.
    Yeah I watch the NIFL highlights on Monday night its a great package they offer up there but its only recent that they are showing the highlight show up there. They used to show it when the saturday football focus was in its prime pre COVID!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    BBC NI seem to be showing a lot more NIFL live games at the moment, I'm assuming it's because of Covid. I'm really enjoying watching the league, even watching some of the streamed games. I hope they continue to show the games next year.
    I liked MNS back when it came out but honestly didn't watch any of soccer republic once it went to the short format with no features or conversation. It just really wasn't interesting at all and very lifeless. It's been put out of its misery. Pity because I did really like it in its longer format.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohsmug View Post
    BBC NI seem to be showing a lot more NIFL live games at the moment, I'm assuming it's because of Covid. I'm really enjoying watching the league, even watching some of the streamed games. I hope they continue to show the games next year.
    I liked MNS back when it came out but honestly didn't watch any of soccer republic once it went to the short format with no features or conversation. It just really wasn't interesting at all and very lifeless. It's been put out of its misery. Pity because I did really like it in its longer format.
    So I would imagine thats the 17 seasons run of loi highlights on the telly between TV3 and RTE is gone for good. RIP. Suppose online highlights is the way to go. Any word on this does anyone know?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    I watched LOITV last night for the first time. What a load of shyte. It was on for 36 minutes before they even mentioned the League. It's just four young lads sitting in their bedroom. No wonder the FAI had never heard of them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    I watched LOITV last night for the first time. What a load of shyte. It was on for 36 minutes before they even mentioned the League. It's just four young lads sitting in their bedroom. No wonder the FAI had never heard of them
    Wont be watching it so!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    The highlights for me for MNS/Soccer Republic were the montages that they did. Some very good work went into them. These were the best:

2013 season
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vge...=RT%C3%89Sport

2012 season
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqpg...ICSERVICEMEDIA

FAI Cup
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqAL...=RT%C3%89Sport

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Raiders of the lost archives was my favourite bit on MNS.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    WATCHLOI half season passes set to be available for purchase on Tuesday 9th.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    If the First Division pixellet set up works, is there any chance they keep the online streaming going for both leagues? It feels like fans go to matches in Ireland for the experience of going to a match, not just to see their team so I'm not sure how much it would hurt attendances in truth

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    395 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Kelly View Post
    If the First Division pixellet set up works, is there any chance they keep the online streaming going for both leagues? It feels like fans go to matches in Ireland for the experience of going to a match, not just to see their team so I'm not sure how much it would hurt attendances in truth
    That's the plan form what I heard although I'm not sure McBennett said exactly that when he was on the RTE podcast recently.

Hopefully it does get put in place but if not, hopefully clubs aren't stopped from streaming their own games for fans who can't be there, as they have been by the FAI in the past.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Watch LOI now open for half season , 60 game purchase at €59 euro.
    Cost covered for Bohs members and season ticket holders, presumably other clubs will do the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    when I clicked in to renew, it says my account has already been paid, and @The_IrishKieran on twitter says it seems to be auto-renewing. Nothing showing up on my bank statement just yet (not that I would expect it to immediately).

Anyone else have a similar experience?

update: by the looks of this twitter thread below , it looks like a common issue and I'd fear they've made a right balls of things....

https://twitter.com/seidodge/status/...445570050?s=20
    Last edited by Burnsie; 09/03/2021 at 2:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
    when I clicked in to renew, it says my account has already been paid, and @The_IrishKieran on twitter says it seems to be auto-renewing. Nothing showing up on my bank statement just yet (not that I would expect it to immediately).

Anyone else have a similar experience?

update: by the looks of this twitter thread below , it looks like a common issue and I'd fear they've made a right balls of things....

https://twitter.com/seidodge/status/...445570050?s=20
    Same for me. My subscription was covered last season by my season ticket and it’s due to be covered again this year as I have renewed my season ticket. I recall that you had to attach a bank card when setting up last year. I’ve checked my account and nothing has been debited as of yet.
    No surprise if they’ve messed it up and end up charging people who’s clubs will be covering their subscription cost.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    They aren't going to charge people automatically, it's an error. Unfortunate.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Very strange and confusing to be doing this.

Auto renew isnt a good idea as its what customers hate so I hope thats not happening.
    Mine also says I've paid so i'll wait n see
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    I got an email from them today saying my account will be debited €55 in July 2021...
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts
    Only email so far was to tell me that the 2020 subscription has officially ended and inviting me to subscribe for 2021.

My account also says it's paid when I click on subscribe at the moment.

I had a look and the 2020 subscription is described as a "yearly subscription" under the purchase history tab.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    I'm the same as Passinginterest. When I go into Watchloi, it says that I've paid for the 2021 season.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast