Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: WatchLOI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    The guy made so much money out of Irish football, and instead of pushing for change he played the controversial clown and any time he did try to address real issues got them hideously, disastrously wrong. Total fraud, a cancerous boil on the bum of Irish football.
    You would just loved to hate him and it made for some completing TV.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Is there any chance to watch LOI games from abroad? Watched Dundalk v Derry the other night but no option to see other duels. So is it just a single game live on matchday or can I have a choice of any game? Here in Slovakia, all 6 weekend matches are shown live (until next season where you need to pay about 5eur a month for all top division games).

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    If you have a six-month subscription you should be able to see all the games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Is there any chance to watch LOI games from abroad? Watched Dundalk v Derry the other night but no option to see other duels. So is it just a single game live on matchday or can I have a choice of any game? Here in Slovakia, all 6 weekend matches are shown live (until next season where you need to pay about 5eur a month for all top division games).
    Go to LOITV.ie and click 'Subscribe' at the top of the page. It will give you two options, Premier Division Pass for the rest of the season for €79, or First Division Pass for €49
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Jonathan Pearce is a bit marmite in the UK, I like him and his enthusiasm ..
    Once saw him brilliantly described in When Saturday Comes as “the deeply unwelcome Jonathon Pearce” which sums up my feelings about him. Clive Tyldsley is another who I could never stand.

I agree re Des Curran, I think he’s very good, and I’d be more than happy to see him get top spot in RTE instead of “Danger Here”.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    I've been generally impressed by LOI TV. They have more cameras than Watch LOI TV had, and (blessed relief), replays. However the quality of the picture from Longford on Saturday evening was terrible: jerky and barely watchable. Also, there was a strange echo on the voice of the commentator - but not on the co-commentator. Most strange...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post
    I've been generally impressed by LOI TV. They have more cameras than Watch LOI TV had, and (blessed relief), replays. However the quality of the picture from Longford on Saturday evening was terrible: jerky and barely watchable. Also, there was a strange echo on the voice of the commentator - but not on the co-commentator. Most strange...
    There's a case of you get what you pay for. Clubs have to source their own streaming for LOI TV. They either go by it themselves, ala Pats (I think?) and Longford, or get an outside company in to do their broadcast. You can have as many cameras as you want if you pay for them..
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Speaking of watchloi are they showing the Bohs game I wonder Thursday?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Yes - they're showing all the Irish clubs' games: but it's 'Premium Content', so you'll have to pay a tenner.

11. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Watching Derry v Drogheda. Picture quality is the polar opposite of 'smooth'. Looks like about four frames per second. What are they using to broadcast this? A mobile phone from 1999?
    Co-commentator's unbearably dreary voice makes a very old man reading out the death notices on local radio sound like Russell Brand in full flow by comparison.
    Main commentator (unable to pronounce David Odumosu's name) has settled for 'the keeper'.
    No information at all on team line-ups of either side before or during the game.
    Very, very, very poor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    One man Pitch Invasion during the end of the game. Our Friends from Donegal on the phone to the FAI, Derry and Strabane Council, the NI Executive, The PSNI and Lewis Shaw in an attempt to get the Brandywell closed to spectators and dock Derry 50 points

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Bad enough shape that young clown was in but suppose who cares was good to have what felt like a decent crowd back hopefully we get full capacity soon and at least before the end of the season end it all with a bit of a buzz going into next year.

We were decent. Two cracking goals, Drogheda very poor. Can’t wait for a fully firing McGonigle and McEleney to be partnering up next year after the last ~28 hours plus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    2 good and 1 great goals(Lafferty)

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    Bad enough shape that young clown was in but suppose who cares was good to have what felt like a decent crowd back hopefully we get full capacity soon and at least before the end of the season end it all with a bit of a buzz going into next year.

We were decent. Two cracking goals, Drogheda very poor. Can’t wait for a fully firing McGonigle and McEleney to be partnering up next year after the last ~28 hours plus.
    Not according to VP DCWA McEleney could be staying with Dundalk!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    he’s more chance of playing for Vitesse next year than for Perth!
    As Irishmen we dilute our sense of nation by depending on the English to bring us our balls

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    There is talk of difficulty in finalising terms with Derry but hopeful thinking i feel. There is also supposedly a push on P6 by interested parties to make a decision on their future so that contract talks can start in general -I dont see P6 being pushed around and could be slow on their decision just because they can...unless there is additional value to an earlier sale. If I were P6 id be waiting on next weeks result and see if there is European football next season before deciding anything which could potentially take us to cup final date.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Haha yeah im sure fats will be delighted to hear that news.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Bohs loosing to resurgent Waterford FC. Quite expected after Phibsborough heroics on Tuesday. Next week is Bohs week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Have seen a few of the LOITV streams so far this weekend. Quality has varied considerably between them. Bray's was poor, camera missed the first Bray goal and seemed to lose the ball if it went into the corners. Commentators were hard to hear and weren't particularly good.

Galway's camera was much better if a little jerky. Commentators were clear and easy to hear although the main commentator had a weird trait of speaking for around a minute in Irish every now and then.

Waterford's was fine except for not having replays for the first half and then having the replays for the second half with the commentary playing over them which meant at times there was two different commentaries at the same time. Still it was better than when I saw it for the Pats match a few weeks ago.

Sligo's was the best I have seen so far this weekend. Multiple cameras, clear replays and enjoyable commentary.

Overall from what I've seen the best has been us and Shams with Sligo and Dundalk very close. Bohs was decent camera wise but the commentary was annoying when we played them, it was better for the Euro games certainly.

On the whole LOITV has been a fantastic addition for the fans imo and long may it continue.
    Last edited by kksaints; 07/08/2021 at 10:02 PM.

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    Have seen a few of the LOITV streams so far this weekend. Quality has varied considerably between them. Bray's was poor, camera missed the first Bray goal and seemed to lose the ball if it went into the corners. Commentators were hard to hear and weren't particularly good.

Galway's camera was much better if a little jerky. Commentators were clear and easy to hear although the main commentator had a weird trait of speaking for around a minute in Irish every now and then.

Waterford's was fine except for not having replays for the first half and then having the replays for the second half with the commentary playing over them which meant at times there was two different commentaries at the same time. Still it was better than when I saw it for the Pats match a few weeks ago.

Sligo's was the best I have seen so far this weekend. Multiple cameras, clear replays and enjoyable commentary.

Overall from what I've seen the best has been us and Shams with Sligo and Dundalk very close. Bohs was decent camera wise but the commentary was annoying when we played them, it was better for the Euro games certainly.

On the whole LOITV has been a fantastic addition for the fans imo and long may it continue.
    Not weird at all imo, should be more of it! Better than the Gah version of 'can I go to the bog' as gaeilge - 'Tá an-áthas orm an corn seo a ghlacadh' - agus ag dul ar aghaidh i mbéarla!!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 08/08/2021 at 1:20 AM.

25. Thanks From:

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast