Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 UEFA Under-21 Championship

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Superb from Kayode on the flick. Thought Wright made a balls of it but what a result this will be as long as they hold on.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Worked out for us with the result, but why the insistence on sitting so low?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Did Wright really make a balls of it? First touch with thigh put the ball ahead of him to run onto, next touch with his left was maybe a bit light but he switched feet v quickly and got a good firm shot away. Keeper did well to save it and it might have gone through his legs if a bit more central. Obviously the fumble back into Wright’s path was a gift.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Maher looks very comfortable. Makes goalkeeping look easy. Catches high balls well which I also noticed watching Derry v Rovers in a gale at the Brandywell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Did Wright really make a balls of it? First touch with thigh put the ball ahead of him to run onto, next touch with his left was maybe a bit light but he switched feet v quickly and got a good firm shot away. Keeper did well to save it and it might have gone through his legs if a bit more central. Obviously the fumble back into Wright’s path was a gift.
    Would like to have seen it from reverse or goal line angle, but it seemed to me like he hesitated on the shot and the ball got under him and he wasn't able to get a decent shot away. Gifted the goal by the keeper, but it didn't really matter in the end. Had good presence of mind to put the rebound in the net.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Goal is here, first touch is good, but it looks like he takes the shot with the underside of his boot. There's a degree of luck that the shot comes back off the goalkeeper, and he recovers well to score
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Goal is here, first touch is good, but it looks like he takes the shot with the underside of his boot. There's a degree of luck that the shot comes back off the goalkeeper, and he recovers well to score
    Wright really is a player I would love to see go to the continent, feel if he could even go to the Swedish or Danish league and spend a season or two there he would be a much better player for it. The only regret about Elbouzedi going to AIK is he didn’t go a season or 2 earlier so would love it if Wright went.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Goal is here, first touch is good, but it looks like he takes the shot with the underside of his boot.
    It's a plastic pitch. You can see that in the flat bounce after his first touch, looks like he was going to take a second touch because of the unnatural bounce but chose to get a shot away instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    I actually think Tyreke was thinking about lifting it over the keeper after his first touch and decided against it, hence the strange footwork/movement.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    https://m.independent.ie/sport/socce...-41658714.html

Poor Collie Whelan. Lots of potential there. Hopefully he’s getting the best treatment possible…

I imagine the number 9s included will be Ferguson, Odubeko and Kayode for the 3 games

12. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    I'd say a squad will be announced soon. This is what I'd pick:

Maher
    Odumosu

O’Connor
    Lyons

McGuinness
    O’Brien
    Cashin
    McEntee

Bagan

Kilkenny
    Coventry
    Devoy
    Johansson
    Connell

Tierney
    Noss

Ebosele
    Okoflex
    Wright
    O’Neill
    Burns

Odubeko
    Ferguson
    Kayode
    Omochere

I think you've got enough cover at full back with Lyons able to cover both sides, Ebosele able to step in at the right and Luca Connell at the left if needed. If you were gonna keep playing 3 at the back in all the games, you might need another centre half (one of Roughan, Ogungbo or Redmond probably). Being honest, I can't see him picking any of Connell, Omochere or Okoflex. I also assumed that Smallbone was injured cause he hasn't been involved in any squads for about a month.

Also, if Costelloe or Springett were picked ahead of Okoflex or Burns, I don't think anyone would argue about that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    a few loi lads in the 21s squad, will games be postponed on the weekend of 10-11th? we have waterford that weekend , disaster if harrington is out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    25 players in the squad, first call up for Adaramola, Armstrong, Hodge, and Armstrong
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    a few loi lads in the 21s squad, will games be postponed on the weekend of 10-11th? we have waterford that weekend , disaster if harrington is out.
    My understanding is, if you have a keeper called up, you can get it postponed - unless they’ve changed it this season. Normally two players required, but one if it’s a keeper

17. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    25 players in the squad, first call up for Adaramola, Armstrong, Hodge, and Armstrong
    Worth noting that Cashin is still awaiting paperwork etc but he is joining the squad and they expect him to be available for some of the games if not all

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    To the avid LOI fans, where would you rank

Darragh Burns
    Liam Kerrigan
    Jack Moylan
    Promise Omochere
    Brandon Kavanagh

I’ve only seen a handful of games but from what I’ve seen all 5 have impressed to varying degrees. Kinda surprised they’ve only looked at 2 at any point during the campaign

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Worth noting that Cashin is still awaiting paperwork etc but he is joining the squad and they expect him to be available for some of the games if not all
    Worth noting as well what Crawford said about this :

Cashin, a centre-back, was born in England but qualifies for Ireland via a grandparent, and played 18 times in the Championship for Wayne Rooney’s Derby last season. He will link up with the squad this week in the hope he earns the green light from Fifa during the window, and thus be available to face Bosnia, Montenegro, or Italy.

“It’s frustrating, it’s disappointing”, said Crawford. “We hope we can get it done in time during the camp and get a green jersey on him. It’s out of our hands. Everyone is working behind the scenes to get this over the line, but from my point of view it’s frustrating and disappointed that we are still at this juncture.

“I’m not going to go into it, but as I say, it’s disappointing. These are three huge games for the U21s and you’d like to get your best players there. Unfortunately there are quite a few people involved in the process, and where we are at now is a race against time to get him across the line for us.”

Crawford described Cashin only being cleared to play the final game against Italy as “the worst-case scenario.”

“There was a case of a wrong document handed in which caused a problem, there’s been family holidays, there was another issue, among others. It is what it is. We haven’t been able to name him in the squad but he’ll be coming over with the necessary documents on Friday and it’s a race against time. From my end, it’s disappointing and frustrating.”

- https://www.the42.ie/eiran-cashin-ir...74652-May2022/
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    With the FAI involved I'd say worst case scenario is more than likely gonna be the scenario that happens.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    With the FAI involved I'd say worst case scenario is more than likely gonna be the scenario that happens.
    I'm more drawn towards the wrong document submitted, family holiday. Im all for taking a kick at the FAI but when warranted.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    I'm more drawn towards the wrong document submitted, family holiday. Im all for taking a kick at the FAI but when warranted.
    Wrong documents are probably handed in the whole time and championship players are on holidays after the season. Gavin Kilkenny is over in Spain with his family on holidays before the internationals. Cashin is joining up with the squad on Friday with the documents needed to finalise his switch. Probably wouldn't need it rushed through if the FAI had got it sorted before this year.

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast