Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 UEFA Under-21 Championship

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Teams out and it’s the usual issue I have with Crawford’s teams, after a good result despite the performance on Friday he goes and makes 5/6 changes to the team and the question I have is why are players like Kerrigan and Kayode for example coming in when they didn’t even come off the bench Friday?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    It's a quick turnaround from Friday, maybe the players haven't recovered enough to start?

3. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Think the midfield is possibly better balanced than playing two 6's in Coventry and Kilkenny together. Would have started O'Neill over Kerrigan and kept Mipo in the team unless he's out because of fitness issues. Bagan not being in the squad would point to him being injured.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Thank god Kenny Cunningham isn't doing commentary. Listening to Fallon talk before the game and she puts the usual talking heads to shame. Though not surprising when you consider she's worked as an opposition analyst.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    I'm slightly surprised how how far down the order of strikers Ferguson seems to be.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    My issue is why did none of these changes come off the bench versus Bosnia? We are needlessly making this difficult on ourselves and if we fail to win Crawford won’t have a leg to stand on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Scrappy first 7 which I guess is what you get when name pretty much a complete random team…makes Crawford selection even more baffling

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    After a poor start they’ve dominated the 15 mins leading up to the goal. In terms of the changes. Wright is the only “forward” starting in the same role and he been very quiet so maybe justifies the fatigue reasoning for rotating them.

I like Smallbone deeper too. Could see him taking that spot from Hendrick in the senior team fairly soon. Kerrigan and Noss have had some good touches. Adaramola has looked pretty good and I still don’t see anything in Kayode to suggest he’s up to this level.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Great time to score just before half time and what a hit from Smallbone too. Have been impressed with Smallbone and has looked better tonight played centrally in a deeper role.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Lovely hit - though I think the keeper will be annoyed as it seemed to go through his hands? But the seniors could take note! They seem to be too reluctant to have a go at times

Enjoying watching Kerrigan as well; his usual swagger is transferring well to this level

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Few thoughts at half time
    Adaramola is fast. Seriously fast. He's outpaced the opposition winger at least three times.
    O'Connor was the best player in the opening twenty minutes, not as important as we got to grips with the opposition
    McGuinness is an absolute unit
    Smallbone is a step ahead of everyone on the pitch
    Noss has had some nice touches. He might have the ability, but I don't know if he had the physicality for senior football

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Enjoying watching Kerrigan as well; his usual swagger is transferring well to this level
    Oh sweet - this aged well!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    two up

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Hopefully Italy beat Sweden later this week rendering our game against them a dead rubber, and maybe get Smallbone in with the seniors. Has looked real good tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Super third goal. First big involvement at this level for Ferguson, good strength, pace and composure to driver the final ball.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    how did he miss the late header though.. 😳

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    I wasn’t able to watch the game unfortunately. Some questions:

How was Cashin on the ball? I know he’s solid defensively, but I haven’t seen him on the ball enough to know.

Adaramola had a good game it seems? The thoughts of him and Ebosele as wing backs being covered by O’Shea and Collins behind, with Omobamidele centrally is incredibly appealing! I see Coventry may be interested in loaning him for next season, championship would seem like a great move if he can guarantee himself first team football.

Anybody/thing else impress you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Hopefully Italy beat Sweden later this week rendering our game against them a dead rubber, and maybe get Smallbone in with the seniors. Has looked real good tonight.
    I'd rather see that game end in a draw. We'll have a chance of automatic qualification with the knowledge of a playoff place already secured.

Smallbone's chance in the seniors will come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Cashin was fine, lost the number 9 at one stage and it ended with half a chance. Solid enough on the ball but maybe lacks a bit of physical presence. Would probably be better in a back three.

Adaramola looks like a natural wing back. Lightning quick and I think that allowed him to recover a few times when maybe his positioning wasn’t 100%.

Ferguson will be very disappointed to have missed the headed rebound, think it just came up a little high on him, I was right behind the goal and really couldn’t believe it hadn’t gone in. Got a nice snap on the phone of the seconds before the second goal, where you can see all the defenders have followed the ball to the back post and Kerrigan is alone waiting for it to come back across.

Smallbone was outstanding. I was surprised didn’t take him off after the 3rd because he put in a huge shift. I think I saw a stat that he covered 12k the last day, he must have covered 15 tonight.

They’ll be disappointed to give away a sloppy goal, although on balance Montenegro had a few chances so the score line was probably fair.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,096 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    I wasn’t able to watch the game unfortunately. Some questions:

How was Cashin on the ball? I know he’s solid defensively, but I haven’t seen him on the ball enough to know.

Adaramola had a good game it seems? The thoughts of him and Ebosele as wing backs being covered by O’Shea and Collins behind, with Omobamidele centrally is incredibly appealing! I see Coventry may be interested in loaning him for next season, championship would seem like a great move if he can guarantee himself first team football.

Anybody/thing else impress you?
    Thought Cashin was very tidy on the ball. Even mugged off a Montenegrin attacker on the edge of the 6 yard box before slipping a pass through the lines to midfield.

I really like the look of Adaramola. He's a tenacious defender. Gave the Montenegro forwards enough of it in one on one situations. And has pace going forward and backward. He looks a very good prospect at that age.

Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast