Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
Personally I didn’t rate Wardy, particularly the last few years (as an international footballer). Made mistakes which cost us qualifying for the World Cup and probably was rewarded for the game against Germany. Was pretty vocal that I would have played Brady in the 2016 campaign and Stevens in the 2018 campaign- but at the same time, fair play to him. Seems like a decent skin and was probably a good to very good championship player earlier in his career.
He may be a good sort. Who knows? I don't know. Either do you. Its irrelevant. All I know is he was a terrible player for club and country that managed to eek out a career in the lower Premiership, upper Championship by putting in mostly unremarkable and occasionally awful performances. What's wrong with pointing that out? You'd think the way some of these go on in this forum (not you as such but I'm just addressing the decent skin comment) that our squad was populated with superstars equivalent to a 1970s Holland or a 1980s Brazil.

The only other thing I know about him is that he was one of the few players in the history of the Premiership who could have a smoke in the shower, but this is also irrelevant.