Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 74

Thread: Official Transfers Abroad 2021

  1. #1
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    50
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

    Official Transfers Abroad 2021

    Niall Canavan, former Republic of Ireland U-21 defender, has signed for Bradford City, after two and a half years at Plymouth Argyle. (Yorkshire Post)

  2. #2
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    50
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Simon Power (Norwich) has signed for Harrogate Town in League 2 (BBC)

  3. Thanks From:


  4. #3
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    50
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Warren O'Hora (Brighton, ex-Bohs) has signed a permanent deal with MK Dons. (BBC)

  5. #4
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    33,871
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,914
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,843
    Thanked in
    2,402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demesne Lad View Post
    Simon Power (Norwich) has signed for Harrogate Town in League 2 (BBC)
    Interesting - a level up from King's Lynn, where he had been playing.

    Mayn't threaten the international set-up, but always like to see the ex UCD guys doing well for themselves, so touch wood he kicks on with this move.

  6. #5
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,526
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    817
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,405
    Thanked in
    953 Posts
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021...ve-to-mk-dons/

    Not sure the fee but O'Hora turned his loan into a permanent deal with MK Dons. Hopefully Keogh's departure doesn't impact him negatively.

  7. #6
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    11,741
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,875
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,507
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021...ve-to-mk-dons/

    Not sure the fee but O'Hora turned his loan into a permanent deal with MK Dons. Hopefully Keogh's departure doesn't impact him negatively.
    Seen reports of somewhere in the region of Ł200-250k. 10% of that to Bohs as well. Another handy few quid for them.

  8. Thanks From:


  9. #7
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    50
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Looks like Conor Masterson (QPR) is on his way to Swindon for the rest of the season. He has made 16 appearances for QPR since joining from Liverpool in 2019.

  10. #8
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    50
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    The much travelled attacking midfielder Jamie Devitt has signed an 18 month contract with Barrow (EFL2), having left Blackpool (BBC). Barrow will be his 11th club, and following decent spells at Morecambe and Carlisle suggests that he is settled in the North-West of England. He has one Republic of Ireland U-21 cap (Wikipedia).

  11. #9
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,526
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    817
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,405
    Thanked in
    953 Posts
    Corey Whelan is back from his stint in the States in the USL. He has signed for Wigan until the end of the season. Wigan are struggling but it's good going to get onto the ladder of English football at League One level.

  12. #10
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    50
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Rob Elliot (ex-Newcastle and Republic of Ireland) has signed for Watford until the end of the season. (Ben Foster has a broken finger). Elliot is 34, but I always thought he was a decent, if not outstanding, keeper. I'm glad he is staying in the EFL.

  13. #11
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    507
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    277
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    219
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    Decent move at this stage of his career.

  14. #12
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,000
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    511
    Thanked in
    296 Posts
    Aaron McEneff has signed for Hearts! Improves his chances of making another ireland squad I guess...

  15. #13
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,526
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    817
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,405
    Thanked in
    953 Posts
    Fair play to JBM's young lad. He's consistent in his signings. Conor Shaughnessy has signed for Rochdale: https://galwaybayfm.ie/sports/soccer...-for-rochdale/

  16. #14
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,526
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    817
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,405
    Thanked in
    953 Posts
    Barry-Murphy strikes again. He has signed Conor Grant from Sheff Wednesday now too. Permanently.

  17. #15
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    507
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    277
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    219
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    Joe Mason is to join Cavalry FC in the Canadian Premier League upon the expiry of his contract at MK Dons.

    https://cavalryfc.canpl.ca/article/j...ith-cavalry-fc

  18. #16
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    33,871
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,914
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,843
    Thanked in
    2,402 Posts
    Fair bit of movement so far this pre-season - most of it bad, although early doors tends to be about players being released of course. Summary here.

    Keiran Westwood (Sheffield Wednesday), Robbie Brady (Burnley), Conor Sammon (Falkirk), Shaun Williams (Millwall), Stephen Quinn (Burton), Glenn Whelan (Fleetwood), Alan Judge (Ipswich), Stephen Ward (Ipswich) all released and all capped.

    Also Dan Crowley (Birmingham), Rene Gilmartin (Bristol City), Shane McLoughlin (Wimbledon), John-Joe O'Toole (Burton), Ian Lawlor (Doncaster), Anthony O'Connor (Bradford), Ryan Sweeney (Mansfield) and Gary Dicker (Kilmarnock) released, and capped at underage level.

    I might have missed a couple of names there too. Really only Robbie Brady stands out in that list - maybe Alan Judge as well, who had a couple of great seasons but never really lived up to his full promise I think. But it's still a bit unnerving to see solid internationals like Westwood, Quinn, Whelan, Ward, etc, dropping towards retirement while we still await anyone to really replace them. There's a lingering feeling that we could still use them...

  19. #17
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,190
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,934
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    527
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Fair bit of movement so far this pre-season - most of it bad, although early doors tends to be about players being released of course. Summary here.

    Keiran Westwood (Sheffield Wednesday), Robbie Brady (Burnley), Conor Sammon (Falkirk), Shaun Williams (Millwall), Stephen Quinn (Burton), Glenn Whelan (Fleetwood), Alan Judge (Ipswich), Stephen Ward (Ipswich) all released and all capped.

    Also Dan Crowley (Birmingham), Rene Gilmartin (Bristol City), Shane McLoughlin (Wimbledon), John-Joe O'Toole (Burton), Ian Lawlor (Doncaster), Anthony O'Connor (Bradford), Ryan Sweeney (Mansfield) and Gary Dicker (Kilmarnock) released, and capped at underage level.

    I might have missed a couple of names there too. Really only Robbie Brady stands out in that list - maybe Alan Judge as well, who had a couple of great seasons but never really lived up to his full promise I think. But it's still a bit unnerving to see solid internationals like Westwood, Quinn, Whelan, Ward, etc, dropping towards retirement while we still await anyone to really replace them. There's a lingering feeling that we could still use them...
    It did seem like Alan Judge was on the cusp of getting a decent move just around the time he broke his leg = = No good time to break your leg but the timing for Alan Judge could Not have been worse. Football is a cruel game be-times. Alan Judge was very very unlucky.

  20. #18
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    33,871
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,914
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,843
    Thanked in
    2,402 Posts
    Yeah, the injury he got was horrible alright and really took the wind out of his sails at the worst possible time.

  21. Thanks From:


  22. #19
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,526
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,861
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,287
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    It did seem like Alan Judge was on the cusp of getting a decent move just around the time he broke his leg = = No good time to break your leg but the timing for Alan Judge could Not have been worse. Football is a cruel game be-times. Alan Judge was very very unlucky.
    Dicker was similar as well. Brighton were riding high and he looked to have potential for an international call-up and then he did his knee.

  23. Thanks From:


  24. #20
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    33,871
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,914
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,843
    Thanked in
    2,402 Posts
    Speaking of injuries, Darron Gibson released by Salford after 10 games in two years. 27 caps - he's only once managed more club games in a season than that, and that was in the Belgian second tier in 2006/07.

    Paul McShane released by Rochdale, and Eddie Nolan (who to be honest I can't remember playing for us at all, but he has three caps) let go by Crewe.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Official Transfers Abroad 2020
    By tommy_c12000 in forum Ireland
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 02/12/2020, 3:39 PM
  2. Official Transfers Abroad 2017
    By tetsujin1979 in forum Ireland
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 29/12/2017, 7:02 PM
  3. Official Transfers Abroad 2015
    By tetsujin1979 in forum Ireland
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 16/10/2015, 2:17 PM
  4. Official Transfers Abroad 2012
    By theworm2345 in forum Ireland
    Replies: 233
    Last Post: 26/11/2012, 9:56 PM
  5. Official Transfers Abroad 2009
    By Closed Account in forum Ireland
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 23/07/2010, 7:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •