Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Mipo Odubeko F CF Maritimo b.2002

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Currently on trial with Eerste Divisie side VVV-Venlo.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Currently training with Portuguese second tier team CS Marítimo. They were recently relegated after spending 38 years in the top tier. One Portuguese article saying he will be announced as a new signing soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    Visited their ground in Madeira last year, beautiful spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Portugal is a strange one. Attendances seem to drop off a cliff after 8 or 10 teams in Portugal. The second tier in Portugal is about as well supported as the second tier in Ireland. Despite their relegation, Maritimo were the 6th highest supported club in Portugal with an average of 8,500.

Two clubs in Liga 2 were dissolved at the end of the season 2022/23. Average attendance across the division in 2022/23 was 1,104.

You'd just hope he doesn't fall into some rut of dropping through divisions in random European leagues from here.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    He must restore Maritimo back to glory.
    It's a big job.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Portugal is a strange one. Attendances seem to drop off a cliff after 8 or 10 teams in Portugal. The second tier in Portugal is about as well supported as the second tier in Ireland. Despite their relegation, Maritimo were the 6th highest supported club in Portugal with an average of 8,500.

Two clubs in Liga 2 were dissolved at the end of the season 2022/23. Average attendance across the division in 2022/23 was 1,104.

You'd just hope he doesn't fall into some rut of dropping through divisions in random European leagues from here.
    I spend a good bit of time in Portugal and the whole country is football obsessed, everyone talks about it all the time, but most people support Sporting Lisbon, Benfica or Porto. My wife and her family are all from Northern Portugal but yet the whole family are Sporting fanatics when Braga, Guimaraes or Porto would be much closer and more logical. That would kinda lead to a reason why attendances for some of the regional clubs are not as high as you would expect, but thats not to say the smaller clubs dont contribute to what I think is a very good league that I wish more of our players would play in. Its technically very good, and the bigger clubs do recruit the best players from the smaller clubs regularly.

Mipo going to Maritimo is a better opportunity than I would have expected him to get. Being from Maderia the locals will support that club more than some of the other regional clubs, and you would think they'd have a reasonably good chance of getting back up. I hope he gets his attitude right and makes the most of this. If he can start banging in goals there like he did underage for West Ham this could be great launching platform for him.
    Its really not that complicated!!!

7. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    I spend a good bit of time in Portugal and the whole country is football obsessed, everyone talks about it all the time, but most people support Sporting Lisbon, Benfica or Porto. My wife and her family are all from Northern Portugal but yet the whole family are Sporting fanatics when Braga, Guimaraes or Porto would be much closer and more logical. That would kinda lead to a reason why attendances for some of the regional clubs are not as high as you would expect, but thats not to say the smaller clubs dont contribute to what I think is a very good league that I wish more of our players would play in. Its technically very good, and the bigger clubs do recruit the best players from the smaller clubs regularly.

Mipo going to Maritimo is a better opportunity than I would have expected him to get. Being from Maderia the locals will support that club more than some of the other regional clubs, and you would think they'd have a reasonably good chance of getting back up. I hope he gets his attitude right and makes the most of this. If he can start banging in goals there like he did underage for West Ham this could be great launching platform for him.

Falaste portugues amigo? Eu tenho família lá também. Marítimo might be playing in the premier division yet because there’s issues surrounding Boavista and recently promoted Estrela.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AFunnyOldGame View Post
    Falaste portugues amigo? Eu tenho família lá também. Marítimo might be playing in the premier division yet because there’s issues surrounding Boavista and recently promoted Estrela.
    Any links to this, would assume it's from Portuguese media so might be trickier to find online.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AFunnyOldGame View Post
    Falaste portugues amigo? Eu tenho família lá também.
    I understand a little, but to the on going and constant disappointment of my wife and her family I dont speak much

The wife is actually there right now so Ive asked her to find out about if Maritimo might avoid the relegation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Any links to this, would assume it's from Portuguese media so might be trickier to find online.
    According to my brother in law it seems that they are not going avoid relegation, media seems to think its a fairly frivolous hope from them

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910