Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Serbia V Republic of Ireland - Wednesday, 24th March 2021 - World Cup 2022 Qualifier

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Interesting half. Obvious positive is that we scored and aren't losing. Negative is that Serbia are starting to dictate things more, and Tadic there at the end with another cheeky corner that he was absolutely trying to score from, so he's feeling confident. I think Serbia will be looking to kick on and win in the second half, possibly aided by a stronger bench than we have. Though that said, we have Hendrick, Long, Brady and McClean to call on for 20 minutes if we need to hold out.

Hard to really say too much about the team in general though as we haven't created much - which is partly to be expected in an away game against Serbia. But stats aren't great - 7 shots to 1, 9 corners to 2, 65% possession to 35%.

I'm more confident about Saturday watching this at least.

2. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    1-1 good, but we gave away a goal because of lack of anticipation, we ve got to do that, anticipate them

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Stevens is playing really good. Cullen too, Robinson and Connolly are feeling the pressure

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Coleman against Vlahomic (?) on the corners looks a bit dodgy but what do you do when you are up against 11 fine physical specimens like Serbia.

At least we scored.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    We did ok in 1st half, not amazingly well. Molumby and Browne in midfield need to do better. Connolly needs to hold up the ball better and not give it away every time, and I just dont see it with Doherty. The whole shape of team adjusted to fit him into team and I just think hes not that good a player. He looks slow and doesnt really offer anything.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    We did ok in 1st half, not amazingly well. Molumby and Browne in midfield need to do better. Connolly needs to hold up the ball better and not give it away every time, and I just dont see it with Doherty. The whole shape of team adjusted to fit him into team and I just think hes not that good a player. He looks slow and doesnt really offer anything.
    And yet Wolves could get get great stuff from him !

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    We're doing well here, all things considered. Hopefully they can regroup at half time and get some energy back.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Long is coming for Connolly if he is still feeling the heat. Molumby is kicking around. We have to much kids on the pitch for my liking

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    And yet Wolves could get get great stuff from him !
    I know, maybe he was good in that environment. Hes consistently been poor for us and Spurs

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    We look a modern team though, their goal was avoidable, Tadic is drifting back which is a problem, he is pulling the strings a bit a la Rui Costa type of guy

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Portugal 1-0 Azerbaijan is a half-time too, but Portugal utterly dominant - 11-0 in shots, 6-0 in corners, 75-25 in possession. Would expect a couple more goals there second half.

Qatar 1-0 Luxembourg in the "friendly"; don't really know what to make of that to be honest.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Interesting stuff. We’ve accepted to an extend letting Serbia have the ball, but compared to previous regimes we look to have a good system for breaking out and working the ball upfield when the chance is there.

Browne is one of those players, very like Hendrick, who gives it away or makes a stupid tackle as often as he does something good. Took the goal well but lost the ball cheaply quite a few times.

I think Connolly has been ok, won fouls to get us up the field and he’s a threat in behind all the time, we just haven’t picked a pass yet.

Subs could be crucial, high energy game and I think we need to freshen it up fairly early. The experience coming on should help there.

Serbia certainly got more dangerous. Vlahovic is hanging off the shoulder of O’Shea and there was a few close calls before the goal. Maybe needs a bit more cover from Coleman.

Lots of promise and lots or worries. Fingers crossed it’s Serbia who feel the pressure more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Doherty is a premium caliber wingback who is low on confidence having been used primarily as a fullback unsuccessfully at Spurs and with us. Obviously a middling first half from him but at least he’s doing the right things going forward in terms of making runs and offering an outlet.

15. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    Interesting stuff. We’ve accepted to an extend letting Serbia have the ball, but compared to previous regimes we look to have a good system for breaking out and working the ball upfield when the chance is there.

Browne is one of those players, very like Hendrick, who gives it away or makes a stupid tackle as often as he does something good. Took the goal well but lost the ball cheaply quite a few times.

I think Connolly has been ok, won fouls to get us up the field and he’s a threat in behind all the time, we just haven’t picked a pass yet.

Subs could be crucial, high energy game and I think we need to freshen it up fairly early. The experience coming on should help there.

Serbia certainly got more dangerous. Vlahovic is hanging off the shoulder of O’Shea and there was a few close calls before the goal. Maybe needs a bit more cover from Coleman.

Lots of promise and lots or worries. Fingers crossed it’s Serbia who feel the pressure more.
    The movement was avoidable but what we need to is to anticipate them a bit, Stevens the best player

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Robinson offering very little out there, and I presume will be one of the first to be hooked.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Seeing a bit of route one emerge in the second half a few times already. When we get the ball in our half the first instinct is to kick it up the furthest man. I know some people want to see that but you need better target men or it's pointless.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Good chance that. Quick thinking with the throw in. Would need to see a replay to know if Connolly was a little slow to get across

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    We're actually got a decent bench to call on
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Penalty? He got a touch on the ball but the tackle was a bit loose apart from that. I never checked but I assume there is no VAR.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Penalty? He got a touch on the ball but the tackle was a bit loose apart from that. I never checked but I assume there is no VAR.
    Looked like the Serbian got the ball

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast