Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Is Steve Bruce bad for the game?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is Steve Bruce bad for the game?

just wondering what people think , he snapped up pennet even with his conviction . and is now trying to get bowyer who has a bag of problems too !!

now im all for giving second chances etc but pennent was allready banned from driving when he took an uninsured car out on the road while drunk .

bowyer has had so many chances its not funny yet still some one is allways willing to pay him .

does keeping players like this damage the game ??, i feel it does

id still lean towards excussing pennent coz of his age but not bowyer

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah, cause he's got a big fat head and is the ultimate eyesore
    Mens sana in corpore sano

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    I was greatly amused by Freddie Sheppard (Newcastle Chairman) expressing shock and disappointment when Bowyer had a bust up with Dyer and saying "it's easy for people to be wise after the event". Doh! Everyone knows Bowyer is a spanner head and no doubt Bruce will say the same thing after Bowyer gets himself in trouble in Birmingham. People will go to any lengths looking for success and they believe they can make a leopard change its spots. Bowyer may change his stripes but never his spots.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    He's picking up players of a quality that Birmingham otherwise couldn't afford. Did Pennants conviction relate to an incident before or after he signed for Brum? Just wondered, never taken that much interest tbh....

I'll ask it another way - should Tony Adams have been sacked by the Arse after his conviction? Or Cantona after his? Personally don't think so - do the crime, serve their punishment, get back to work....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Except Ratboy seems to do the crime and do it again and I see Pennant is in trouble again over a bust up while on his jollies in Greece.Some of these cnuts never learn
    MOT

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    from BBC, looks like some Birmingham fans agree with the sentiments expressed on this thread...

Blues fans to scupper Bowyer move

Lee Bowyer's move from Newcastle to Birmingham looks to have collapsed following protests by Blues fans.
    Birmingham appeared close to completing a deal for the 28-year-old midfielder, but the move has hit a late hitch.

Owner David Sullivan told their website: "It looks like we are now going to lose out on a terrific player due to a small minority of fans.

"I am absolutely gutted. English midfielders with his ability are so hard to find."

Bowyer is expected to leave Newcastle this summer after he fought with team-mate Kieron Dyer during their game against Aston Villa in April.

I don't know how many have signed this petition, but I for one feel we need his footballing ability in our midfield

The former England midfielder has had a troubled past but Sullivan felt he would have been a great signing for the club.

But a section of fans publicised their opposition to his signing through an online petition.

"Lee Bowyer would be a fantastic addition to our side," Sullivan added.

"We are looking to build the best squad that this club has ever had and the signing of Lee would take us a long way down that road.

"But the player has now said that he doesn't want to go to a club where he is not wanted.

"We are potentially going to lose out on a terrific player as a result of this petition and I can't describe how disappointed I feel at the moment."

The St Andrews club are yet to find a long-term replacement for controversial midfielder Robbie Savage who left the midlands to join Blackburn last season.

Sullivan revealed former Leeds star Bowyer was second only to last week's signing Mikael Forssell on manager Steve Bruce's wanted list.
    ONE CITY, ONE TEAM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    He's picking up players of a quality that Birmingham otherwise couldn't afford. Did Pennants conviction relate to an incident before or after he signed for Brum? Just wondered, never taken that much interest tbh....

I'll ask it another way - should Tony Adams have been sacked by the Arse after his conviction? Or Cantona after his? Personally don't think so - do the crime, serve their punishment, get back to work....
    Something must be up, I find myself agreeing with a Macy Post!!

Your spot on, in most careers, so called 'minor' convictions (i.e. not murder, child abuse etc) do not stop someone from working when the conviction is not a direct relation to the nature of the work. Generally speaking that is however I'm sure there would be exceptions but wouldn't think it in the case of Pennant, Cantona, Adams etc....

to anwer the first post, Pennant was loaned by Brum after he was charged by the police. I assume the Arsenal had had enough with him at that stage.
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Bruce was at it again last weekend when he described a blatant kick by Butt on a Portsmouth player as "handbags at dawn". Looked like at attempted kick up the a*se to me and he deserved to be sent off. The managers then moaning about the refereeing decisions in such instances have become sooooooooooooo tiresome.

Bruce must have got some wallop from a handbag on that nose of his
    Last edited by OwlsFan; 21/09/2005 at 8:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    When Did Scholes sign for Birmingham
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Butt/Scholes - all the same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I hate Steve Bruce. He just brings in so many players builds them up and then doesn't know what to do with them.

I mean Robbie Blake only lasted 7 months before he left for Leeds. Dwight Yorke only played a handful of matches. And what about your man Nafti? I know he's injured but I don't think he'll get much of a run out.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    By the way, you can add Souness, Allardyce and Warnock (The Blunts) to the list of Managers who blow their tops at referees and who, in their opinions, never get a favourable decision and who rant and rave at the end of games. Seldom beaten by the better side - usually the ref's fault. Warnock last weekend was a disgrace. Ignoring the fact that his keeper Paddy Kenny should have been sent off, he almost lost his mind over a peno that should have been given to the Blunts.

Comical stuff unless you're the officials.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    The thing is Warnock is a qualififed ref and he has a better idea about what being a ref is like. I don't remember him denying the Kenny incident. And surely refs can't even things up?

Whatever happened with Paddy Kenny, it was a blatant penalty.
    Extratime.ie

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan
    By the way, you can add Souness, Allardyce and Warnock (The Blunts) to the list of Managers who blow their tops at referees and who, in their opinions, never get a favourable decision and who rant and rave at the end of games. Seldom beaten by the better side - usually the ref's fault. Warnock last weekend was a disgrace. Ignoring the fact that his keeper Paddy Kenny should have been sent off, he almost lost his mind over a peno that should have been given to the Blunts.

Comical stuff unless you're the officials.
    Infairness to Warnock,as much as I dislike the man, and I agree he's a right whinger but he got it right on this one,the blunts were done out of a peno big time.
    MOT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank
    The thing is Warnock is a qualified ref and he has a better idea about what being a ref is like. I don't remember him denying the Kenny incident. And surely refs can't even things up? Whatever happened with Paddy Kenny, it was a blatant penalty.
    Yes it was a peno but what good does it do to launch into public attacks on a referee after a game ? His goalie should have been sent off as well and only a commentator said the ref was trying to even things up. No one else did.

He is incapable of taking decisions which go against his team, blatant or minor. It is part and parcel of football that refs get things wrong and whinging and moaning as he does all the time about refs does no one or the game any favours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    It's also part and parcel of football to accept decisions against you team.
    Extratime.ie

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublin12
    Infairness to Warnock,as much as I dislike the man, and I agree he's a right whinger but he got it right on this one,the blunts were done out of a peno big time.
    Warnock is a c**t, remember he went on TV (Sky) after the 'Pool had beaten them in the Carling Cup semi a few years back, and announced on live TV that Stefan Henchoz had spat at him at the end of the game. The footage in fact showed Henchoz spit AT THE GROUND yards away from sh*thead and told him to f**k off (because sh*thead kept harping on about how much the Liverpool players cost, etc. in the pspers afdter the first leg) but still he makes up that Henchoz spat at him.

Whinging f**kin' tosser
    Bye bye Stan. Go off back to collecting cones you useless git.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Warnock got a charge from the FA today for his actions in the Reading match.
    Extratime.ie

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldini98
    Warnock is a c**t, remember he went on TV (Sky) after the 'Pool had beaten them in the Carling Cup semi a few years back, and announced on live TV that Stefan Henchoz had spat at him at the end of the game. The footage in fact showed Henchoz spit AT THE GROUND yards away from sh*thead and told him to f**k off (because sh*thead kept harping on about how much the Liverpool players cost, etc. in the pspers afdter the first leg) but still he makes up that Henchoz spat at him.

Whinging f**kin' tosser
    I like Warnock. He's a great character. I don't like Henchoz though. He's a dirty Swiss scumbag.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJamaicanP.M.
    I like Warnock. He's a great character. I don't like Henchoz though. He's a dirty Swiss scumbag.
    I am afraid someone who just whinges and moans about refereeing decisions and cannot accept them without going ballistic is not "a character" to me - he's just pathetic and I'm not wearing my Blue half of Sheffield blinkers. What else is there to his character other than his tantrums ?