Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick - Outside the Premier 2005/06

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anyone know anything about Iarnrod Eireann's inter-firm team? I hear they have quite a few premier players in their ranks. How would ye rate them?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    no don't know who is on it.........anyone know who is in the semi-finals of the joe mckeown(interfirm) i know dell and analog are and i heard sercom also.....???

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any other pre-season friendly's on recently ...... Come on fill us in.....Summerville played newly promoted granville(premier) the other night...Summerville won 3-1 on the night...Not bad...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summervilleman
    no don't know who is on it.........anyone know who is in the semi-finals of the joe mckeown(interfirm) i know dell and analog are and i heard sercom also.....???

Iarnrod Eireann won the other quarter final vs Elsevier in high contorversy. First of all, we(Elsevier) arrived at 6:45 for the 7pm kick off in cals park. Understandably nervous, considering we had a poor summer we were expecting a bit of a hiding. 7 o'clock came and passed with no sign of the oppostion. 7:15 came and passed without any sign of the opposition. Now in any junior fixuture i've ever been involved in, and thats alot, a walkover shouldve been awarded to us. But Pat O'brien thought differently. So at 7:30(still no sign of the opposition) we starting heading away, half of us togged out, when the boys finally show up. Pat O'Brien inssited we still had to play, but informed us that he had to be back to work and we better "make it quick". So the match was about to kick off at 7:35, when a loud bang was heard from the hyde road. again, the match was held up for another 15 mins as everyone ran out to see whose car had been broken into. With 1 min to go until full time the score was 1-1, when iarnrod Eireann hit the crossbar with a header, which bounced a full metre out from the line and was picked up by the keeper. Again, Pat O'Brien, (may have been drunk, i dont know) decided to apply his own logic to proceedings and award a goal. This was as much as we could take and we decided to call a halt to the entire shambles. Needless to say the ref was delighted and ran to his car to make it back to work asap. In the end this was only the straw that broke the donkeys back. With cars being broken into, gearbags been nicked, pitches with no nets, no lines, the lowest grade of "ref" possible, and some of the worst pitches around, it all begs the question...........is the whole thing being ran from the chimp enclosure at Dublin zoo???

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I hear you and sympatise with you......he should be banned from football.....a joke!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenGoal
    Iarnrod Eireann won the other quarter final vs Elsevier in high contorversy. First of all, we(Elsevier) arrived at 6:45 for the 7pm kick off in cals park. Understandably nervous, considering we had a poor summer we were expecting a bit of a hiding. 7 o'clock came and passed with no sign of the oppostion. 7:15 came and passed without any sign of the opposition. Now in any junior fixuture i've ever been involved in, and thats alot, a walkover shouldve been awarded to us. But Pat O'brien thought differently. So at 7:30(still no sign of the opposition) we starting heading away, half of us togged out, when the boys finally show up. Pat O'Brien inssited we still had to play, but informed us that he had to be back to work and we better "make it quick". So the match was about to kick off at 7:35, when a loud bang was heard from the hyde road. again, the match was held up for another 15 mins as everyone ran out to see whose car had been broken into. With 1 min to go until full time the score was 1-1, when iarnrod Eireann hit the crossbar with a header, which bounced a full metre out from the line and was picked up by the keeper. Again, Pat O'Brien, (may have been drunk, i dont know) decided to apply his own logic to proceedings and award a goal. This was as much as we could take and we decided to call a halt to the entire shambles. Needless to say the ref was delighted and ran to his car to make it back to work asap. In the end this was only the straw that broke the donkeys back. With cars being broken into, gearbags been nicked, pitches with no nets, no lines, the lowest grade of "ref" possible, and some of the worst pitches around, it all begs the question...........is the whole thing being ran from the chimp enclosure at Dublin zoo???

him and a few more along with it

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summervilleman
    Any other pre-season friendly's on recently ...... Come on fill us in.....Summerville played newly promoted granville(premier) the other night...Summerville won 3-1 on the night...Not bad...

good result, what kind of a team had ye out, did the new signing ye are supposed to have got play:sean carroll stewart fitzgerald and danny colbert

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i see you mentionned yourself there flip.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster
    i see you mentionned yourself there flip.

what, im afraid u have me mixed up,not a summerville man at all fortunately, although fab job with clubhouse,credit due on that

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flipper
    what, im afraid u have me mixed up,not a summerville man at all fortunately, although fab job with clubhouse,credit due on that
    "fab"...... are you sure your not a summerville man
    Mama Mia!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by widow
    "fab"...... are you sure your not a summerville man

yes im sure!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts

re deleted post:

lads,
    The above post type is not acceptable on this forum.
    Its a personal jibe against another member which is not why we're here.

Its quiet simple guys,if it continues the threads concerned will be locked and the people who cause it will be banned.
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 08/08/2005 at 6:53 AM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up CORBALLY UTd

Corbally Utd are the Limerick team to watch! A favourite for promotion with young qualitly players like Liam O Flynn,David Owens ,Ado Fitzsimon, Dee Ryan etc all of great potential!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LimerickYouth
    Corbally Utd are the Limerick team to watch! A favourite for promotion with young qualitly players like Liam O Flynn,David Owens ,Ado Fitzsimon, Dee Ryan etc all of great potential!

Having seen them a few times last season I would have fancied them for promotion this season but I heard they had lost a couple to the Boro and one to Pike?
    By the way, you'll win nothing in 1A with just young players! See how they'll get on outside in Croom!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

CORBALLY UTd

Corbally may loose 2 or 3 players but have hung onto the cream of the crop. Players like Fitzsimons and Owens wudnt shy out of tough games and have been great in the eircom U 21 League. Too much quality for any division 1 side

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LimerickYouth
    They won't get out of 1a, they have some good players alright, but not enough for promotion.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

caherdavin

i here caherdavin have lost alot of players during the off season
    conor croke gone to balla not sure who the rest are anyone know anymore?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    daragh purtill gone to madrid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    for holidays

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flipper
    good result, what kind of a team had ye out, did the new signing ye are supposed to have got play:sean carroll stewart fitzgerald and danny colbert

We were still missing about 4-5 from our starting team but we did have the services of seanie caroll and danny colbert and also darren o sullivan(back from regional)..Twas a pretty good open game but there was some terrible refereeing..Not to sure what his name is but he definately is not a good referee,,well not good enough for top division football....Both teams had penalties on the night and both we were missed but we scored from the rebound...Granville played ok but i still think they were missing a few(well i hope they are or they will go through the premiere like us last year)

Yes the clubhouse is a great job.Will be even better when its finished...Still a bit to do yet but all in good time!!!

Still no sign of fixtures for the semi-finals of the joe mckeown (interfirm) in the paper tonight???

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast