Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1596

Thread: LOI In Europe 2021

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    Will Grace be fit to start next week? I'd imagine Kavanagh would come in at LWB too with his attacking quality.
    He should be …. Scales should keep his place better than Kavanagh

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    The biggest problem with this is no one saw bohs or dundalks games, they didn't see how good some teams can perform in Europe against actually decent opposition . Yet there'll be a few who've tuned into this and think God this is awful stuff. A good friend , footballing fella screenshots me the final score from Livescore. Not against Loi or anything like that but not a fan , and that's what he'll/he has seen. Very disappointing people want exposure then when it comes they can't perform against similar level opposition
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

3. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Will Grace be fit to start next week? I'd imagine Kavanagh would come in at LWB too with his attacking quality.
    Lee Grace being the potential saviour tells you all you need to now about Rovers strength in defence.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Omonia who Flora only lost out on against on pens as we know could well end up in the EL group stages via a victory over a Belgian side (early yet I know) so are probably a decent outfit.

I think there was a bit of underestimating Flora simply because they are Estonian. Clearly they aren’t bad at all.

That being said this evening was a shambles from Rovers and Flora will almost certainly score goals in Tallaght meaning Rovers are almost certainly out.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    You see better defending in the Senior Sunday Division in the Leinster Senior League.

Think it was more the individual errors than anything else that did the damage.

The third goal was a complete comedy of errors.
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 19/08/2021 at 6:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Fiddling around switching Green for Gaffney won't be much good if you leave the centre of your team wide open.
    Got out of the jail again. Sliced open right though the middle AGAIN. How has Bradley not changed something to tighten up the middle?
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    How did Rovers beat Slovan?
    I think the answer to the above, comments including before today and that if Rovers set up like Slovan away rather than more like at home they will be punished for it. Bradley believed Flora were better than Slovan, I think that was an attempt to ground exepctation rather than really believing it albeit both the result and performance seems to indicate that the Rovers players would have the better of the game, maybe like Slovan in Tallaght. You have to question Bradley's tactical performance along with the players not grafting as needed. Too naïve, too cautious in advance, stumped on how to change things when the game was getting away? It took some individual intervention by a couple of the star players to drag Rovers in to the home leg with a chance, at least I didnt see anything from the bench to have influenced things. Yup I know similar can be said of Dundalk 2020 under VP, star player pulling us in to the home leg v Vitesse this year, easy draws etc etc. Should it be considered that its poor coaching decisions undoes LoI more than the ability or potential of clubs/teams!?

8. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Lee Grace being the potential saviour tells you all you need to now about Rovers strength in defence.
    You'd swear Bohs weren't 16 points behind Rovers with 6 more goals conceded reading that.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    You'd swear Bohs weren't 16 points behind Rovers with 6 more goals conceded reading that.
    Take a reality check there hun
    Bohs have conceded four goals in 6 european games this season ,Rovers have conceded 7 in 5 games.
    Please play Lee grace, Joey ( on his arse) O Brien and Pico against us in the cup , parakolo?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the 12 th man View Post
    You see better defending in the Senior Sunday Division in the Leinster Senior League.

Think it was more the individual errors than anything else that did the damage.
    For sure - and so many of the errors were unforced too

Though how much did Rovers really threaten at the other end? Kerr called out the Flora keeper's bad positioning for Scales' goal in analysis after. Could they have tested him more? Mandriou hit the post and of course Burke scored - did they really create much apart from that? Rovers had some good attacking possession but will need to do more with it in Tallaght, as well as defend better.

Elsewhere, Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar drew 1-1 away to FC Riga tonight. Great chance of making the groups now, which would be a mental result
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 19/08/2021 at 6:57 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Take a reality check there hun
    Bohs have conceded four goals in 6 european games this season ,Rovers have conceded 7 in 5 games.
    Please play Lee grace, Joey ( on his arse) O Brien and Pico against us in the cup , parakolo?
    Sure thing babycakes - the reality is the league table this and last year and a good but ultimately failed European run won't change that, for you or...... us next week for that matter....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    For sure - and so many of the errors were unforced too

Though how much did Rovers really threaten at the other end? Kerr called out the Flora keeper's bad positioning for Scales' goal in analysis after. Mandriou hit the post and of course Burke scored - did they really test the keeper apart from that? Rovers had some good attacking possession but will need to do more with it in Tallaght, as well as defend better.

Elsewhere, Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar drew 1-1 away to FC Riga tonight. Great chance of making the groups now, which would be a mental result
    I would be backing Lincoln RI to win, playing in that constant howling gale at the end of a runway will be a distinct advantage

14. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    He should be …. Scales should keep his place better than Kavanagh
    I'd take out Hoare and O'Neill. I'd probably move scales to CB and move Pico into DM. O'Neill was positionally all over the shop today. Pico is an interior footballer/passer to O'Neill but there's no way he would have abandoned his post the way O'Neill did today. Terrible performance from him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    Omonia who Flora only lost out on against on pens as we know could well end up in the EL group stages via a victory over a Belgian side (early yet I know) so are probably a decent outfit.
    Omonia beat Antwerp 4-2 as it turns out.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    The more I think about this game the more it reminds me of Ireland going out to Cyprus under Stan, completely toothless and tactical ineptness and inability to see the changes required and being able to make them, creating chances but getting completely overrun in midfield by a poor opposition midfield with huge gaps left all over the middle. It's so bad that Bradley didn't affect change after the first two maybe even 1 as the writing was on the wall early. Perhaps like Stan he just felt like rovers could outscore float. It's a real learning lesson and a big question on his tactical ability.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    All the experts declaring Shamrock as favourites on p61 are all captain hindsights on p65. Glorious. Lol.

Sure if they win ye were right and if they lose I can tell them how sh1t they are. It's win win for ye. The usual.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Slovan were just rusty/half asleep still from their holidays, is what it looks like now.
    And Rovers in prime form because of our summer league, the system works
    oh boy I'm not good at football forums

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    All the experts declaring Shamrock as favourites on p61 are all captain hindsights on p65. Glorious. Lol.

Sure if they win ye were right and if they lose I can tell them how sh1t they are. It's win win for ye. The usual.
    The game don't change sull

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,232 Posts

Are you telling me Rovers weren't really, unexpectedly, sh1t last night?
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 20/08/2021 at 6:58 AM.

23. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

A bit of clarity, and from a Cork fan, of all things!! 😉
    When are you f***ers gonna get your act together, and get back to the Premier- I miss the X.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    A bit of clarity, and from a Cork fan, of all things!! 😉
    When are you f***ers gonna get your act together, and get back to the Premier- I miss the X.
    Thanks. Our young lads have turned a corner but have left it too late this season. If it were a 36 game season rather than 27 I'd fancy making the playoffs. Hopefully promotion next season and Premier in 2023.

We then target title glory for 2029 to continue the 12 year cycle. 😄

1993, 2005, 2017, 2029. You heard it hear first. 😄

Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast