Thanked in
    637 Posts
    **** it anyway, thats that

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Absolutely awful defending. It's worrying that this is Ireland's most dominant team of the last few years. Rovers are very poor.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Poor poor poor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Gannon doing as much damage to Rovers as when he was still with Dundalk. A f**'kin liability.
    He hasnt been the same player since Filipo tried to play him as a wing back. Rovers playing a flat back 4? (Happy to share the stream, especially with some who know who yiz are but jaysus there are a lot more people lurking that posting to foot.ie saw damn all of the game answering pm's lol).

The goal seemed soft at first, thought Mannus should have come off his line to get a hand on a floated cross with little pace but tbh after it looked like it would have been a stretch. Also looked that he should have done better with the save but the header was close in to the body so not necessarily bread and butter stuff though I dont think the header was intended as much more than getting something on it. There was no pressure on the cross though. A Greene with a bit more pace would had Slovan scrambling. There is a bit of hoofing it, ok with Gaffney back defending but other should have more composure - screaming out for a Stephen O'Donnell type to put a foot on the ball. Finn has been roaming all over the place, in the heat that will take its toll. What to do now? Shut up shop and keep the tie alive for next week or try an bag that away goal. Not playing well enough to take the game to Slovan looking for that goal imo. Rovers have gotten the ball wide at times and crosses in but front men just not on it quick enough.

Feeling a bit like Dundalk V Slovan, not beyond us just effective!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Absolute dog€hit from Rovers. Outplayed by a team in pre season who are barely mustering an effort.
    Bradley needs to get Gaffney, Towell & Gannon off- Get Mandriou, Burke & Joey on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    I just don’t rate Bradley as a coach, he’s got the best squad in Ireland at his disposal but when it comes to Europe and Rovers need to find another gear his coaching ability is exposed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Slowly getting back into it. Towel off now
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Must be very hot, Pico needing ice on his head.
    Did anyone else notice the first name of the guy who scored the goals against Rovers ?? Ezekial ....

9. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    I'd fear for rovers at home next week when they get into second gear.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Rovers just not the same without McEneff and Byrne. They basically created everything. Towell is not going to change much, he’s not got the range of McEneff or the creativity of Byrne. This game is just exaggerating the same issues they’ve had in the league. Tie is still alive though and it’s not beyond possibility that Rovers nick a goal before the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Fantastic save by big Al

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Great again by Mannus, keeps the tie salvageable albeit would take something special.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Mannus one of very few to emerge with any credit. Bradleys biggest game since he took over and he failed. miserably.
    The team he picked was dreadful and for all the talk of the team playing a certain way they did nothing.
    One good move in the game and Rovers carved them open only for Gannon to close his eyes and hope for the best. How Gaffney stayed on the pitch is a mystery, with Rovers effectively playing with 9 men as Towell is nowhere near match fit.
    Just have to make sure we win the league again next year as Rovers will lose all 4 games they play in Europe this season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    I just don’t rate Bradley as a coach, he’s got the best squad in Ireland at his disposal but when it comes to Europe and Rovers need to find another gear his coaching ability is exposed.
    Strange take. He has gotten some of his best results in Europe. Hasn't had much luck in terms of opponents but he's knocked out Brann and come very close to getting past Apollon and AIK.

Europe is Europe. The reality is you are coming up against better sides with bigger budgets (unless you have Dundalk's recent luck). You're playing in top gear from the start if you want to have any chance. Rovers just aren't as good this year as they were last year. Still had chances but you can see the pace of some of the Slovan lads. Just better players.

Game came too early for Towell who was a weak link throughout. I can see why Bradley played him as we looked the best we have all season with him and Finn in the middle against Dundalk but he isn't sharp enough to play at this level. Every mistake is punished.

Big Al - what a man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Looks a big ask for Rovers. It’s a scenario like this that no away goal rule plays to our teams benefit. If Bratislava get one in Tallaght it would normally be tie instantly over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Absolute dog€hit from Rovers. Outplayed by a team in pre season who are barely mustering an effort.
    Bradley needs to get Gaffney, Towell & Gannon off- Get Mandriou, Burke & Joey on.
    Its tough at the top!! I would certainly enjoy an Ezekiel involvement in this thread.

Yeah and no nervous concerns playing the giants of Newtown tomorrow!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Overcoming 2-0 away result is very doable.Rovers get an early goal at home Slovan will he rattled, than the usual 95th minute goal, et and penos.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Almost the classic Irish performance in Europe: sloppy goal early in the second half; push everybody up and then the opposition score with a late penalty after a swift counter attack. ('almost' - because Mannus saved the pen). What were Rovers thinking? No need to send everybody into the opposition penalty area for the last few minutes - it was only approaching half time in the tie. With away goals now not being crucial, there was even less need for this approach.
    Slovan no great shakes. Could be interesting if Rovers score first next week.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post
    Almost the classic Irish performance in Europe: sloppy goal early in the second half; push everybody up and then the opposition score with a late penalty after a swift counter attack. ('almost' - because Mannus saved the pen). What were Rovers thinking? No need to send everybody into the opposition penalty area for the last few minutes - it was only approaching half time in the tie. With away goals now not being crucial, there was even less need for this approach.
    Slovan no great shakes. Could be interesting if Rovers score first next week.
    I think the belief was that we were in the last play of the game and it was well worth getting as many in the box as possible. I was surprised the ref didn't blow it up after they cleared it.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Overcoming 2-0 away result is very doable.Rovers get an early goal at home Slovan will he rattled, than the usual 95th minute goal, et and penos.
    That requires an awful lot of things to go Rovers' way in fairness. I mean, it could happen, but "it's doable" is a level of probability higher than I'd give it. Slovan are a very good side

Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast