Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Longford Town 2020 Promotion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Longford Town 2020 Promotion

First post in over 20 months! Obviously most of the discourse is on Twitter etc. now, and we were bumped down the Foot.ie pecking order on the main page.

How should we fare next year? We obviously have lots of players who are capable, will we be looking to get in a few signings?

Will we get to go to games? Realistically only the lucky few at the start of the season anyway I'd say, fingers crossed on a vaccine.

On the match, Shels were shocking it was pretty funny tbh. But we showed how good we can be with plenty of room to grow, Dervin getting a lot of attention I hope he goes on to play for Ireland. We were solid throughout the play-offs I thought.

Well done to everyone who worked so well behind the scenes this year, we are all now reaping the rewards (Free Rider Problem). There seems to be a bit of buzz around. ...C'mon De Town...

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keen2win View Post
    First post in over 20 months! Obviously most of the discourse is on Twitter etc. now, and we were bumped down the Foot.ie pecking order on the main page.

How should we fare next year? We obviously have lots of players who are capable, will we be looking to get in a few signings?

Will we get to go to games? Realistically only the lucky few at the start of the season anyway I'd say, fingers crossed on a vaccine.

On the match, Shels were shocking it was pretty funny tbh. But we showed how good we can be with plenty of room to grow, Dervin getting a lot of attention I hope he goes on to play for Ireland. We were solid throughout the play-offs I thought.

Well done to everyone who worked so well behind the scenes this year, we are all now reaping the rewards (Free Rider Problem). There seems to be a bit of buzz around. ...C'mon De Town...
    Nice to see a post here again hope u r keepin well in these strange times Keen2win!
    I think that we would do well next season but we have to greatly improve on our defending.Lee Steacy was poor last season and needs to be seriously challenged. Midfield wise we are ok. Attacking wise we are great but we need backup as we tend to rely on Rob Manley a good bit.
    Whats totally underestimated is the addition of Johnny Martin as no 2 to Daire -the amount of work he put in improving us is immense. Hes probably our best ever no 2. If we can keep him out of the bigger clubs clutches and we buy well I would be confident all right.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Two posts! Steady now or I'll have to dust off my moderator powers just for practice.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Doing well Martinho II.. what do you think yourself Longfordian?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Delighted that we're gone up of course but I'd be concerned that we need to strengthen a lot to survive. Hopefully we can see the games in person as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Good to see we have our social media team tied down for another year, can be no denying the standard and amount of content - something we were starved of for a while.

I wouldn't know enough about potential players to even begin commenting, was hoping to get an idea on here. Presume there are a few from Shels we could take on.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Daire was very insistent in his interview with Between The Stripes last week that he doesn't want anyone coming just for the money. Hopefully he'll able to spot those for whom that is the major or only motivation.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I would worry about our current squad but we should be able to pick up a few decent squad members. A good start is half the battle. Harps, Sligo and the Town will be around the bottom and there is always one surprise team. Maybe Waterford implode etc.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ltfc_2004 View Post
    I would worry about our current squad but we should be able to pick up a few decent squad members. A good start is half the battle. Harps, Sligo and the Town will be around the bottom and there is always one surprise team. Maybe Waterford implode etc.
    Yeah I think I saw it here on another thread that at Waterford things arent great. Think with Brendan Clarke gone from St Pats pats will struggle badly next season unless they can get a good enough keeper in.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    First game of next season
    Shamrock Rovers v Midlands development team
    Welcome back lads , looking forward to seeing the work done on the Stadium.

Your leaving out Drogheda as down the bottom next year, i dont see a lot in their team that sees them pushing on up the table.

12. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    True there's nothing between us and them as things stand. They were more consistent at the end of the league season but for most of it we were very close to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Wouldn't mind Ronan Manning from Athlone after watching the game yesterday.