Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifying Group A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    I feel our best chance of qualifying is getting England as #1 seed. I feel we can pick up something against them in a cup tie type game, while the 2nd seed might be more likely to lose home and away. I agree Slovakia look weakest from the 2nd tier sides.

That and nice easy games from the lower seeds please.

England, Slovakia, Luxembourg, Andorra & San Marino would be a dream draw.

Something like Croatia, Poland, Ireland, Slovenia, Kosova & Moldova is the nightmare.

2. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    What we could use is a second pot team that can beat or potentially beat the top seed. We had Portugal in 2002 as top 2nd seeds, ended up being more of a friend in common battle v Netherlands, than a competing team

examples, France Turkey: Denmark Sweden: England Switzerland (okay a draw) : Germany Poland: Italy Sweden

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Ireland should fear no team from pot 1 and 2, the main problemsa are the refs and Var.
    Weve got to clean our mess in our patio first.

I would love to get Croatia, and Switzerland are no world beaters at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    The italians are a current crap , no glamour players anymore. But ref and money will help them
    Are you accusing the Italian football Association of bribery?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Croatia/Denmark/Netherlands/Italy
    Rumania/Slovakia/Ukraine/Austria
    EIRE
    Luxembourg
    Andorra
    S.M

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    That doesn't answer my question - are you accusing the Italian FA of bribery, and now the FA of corruption?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    That doesn't answer my question - are you accusing the Italian FA of bribery, and now the FA of corruption?
    They are opinions and all opinions are empowered and respected above all human rights. so nobody can prohibit freedom of thought.

My own opinion also right?

I do not have significant information about this story, but and if I had something juicy I would not tell you, I only express my humble South American point of view of a person who does not hide anything, speaks clearly and looking straight into the eyes, grounded and based on the public domain and in the facts of football history of the last 40 years at least

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Ireland should fear no team from pot 1 and 2.

From Pot 1 I want Denmark-Croatia-Netherlands-Italy-England

Belgium is the form team and best squad atvm

France the champions

Germany qualifies for every world cup

Portugal has Ronaldo and a lot of world class kids

Spain is rebuilding but are getting better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    They are opinions and all opinions are empowered and respected above all human rights. so nobody can prohibit freedom of thought.

My own opinion also right?

I do not have significant information about this story, but and if I had something juicy I would not tell you, I only express my humble South American point of view of a person who does not hide anything, speaks clearly and looking straight into the eyes, grounded and based on the public domain and in the facts of football history of the last 40 years at least
    Think it all you want, but on the forum we have rules about allegations, so either withdraw and delete your posts, or I'll give you an infraction for an unsubstantiated allegation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Pot 3: Russia, Republic of Ireland, Norway, Hungary, Czech Republic, Scotland, Iceland, Northern Ireland, Finland, Greece
    Russia in Pot 3. I thought they were banned from 2022 WC, and Tokyo Olympics??

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    They're banned from the World Cup finals, but not from qualifying

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Ireland should fear no team from pot 1 and 2.

From Pot 1 I want Denmark-Croatia-Netherlands-Italy-England

Belgium is the form team and best squad atvm

France the champions

Germany qualifies for every world cup

Portugal has Ronaldo and a lot of world class kids

Spain is rebuilding but are getting better
    I'm sorry but is this a **** take. Some pot 1 teams will give us a spanking home and away. Italy might not spank us because of their style but we would take 0 points from them. Maybe, one draw with Denmark at best.

The only pot 2 teams I see us taking points off are Serbia, Slovakia and Romania and in Serbia's case, it's more likely to be 0 points than say 2 or 3. Romania or Slovakia could be two draws but I wouldn't be confident.

The pot 4 teams look ominous for the team currently. A lot of them we might only take 2 points off (at best) though with Luxemburg it should be 6, while I wouldn't be massively confident of taking 6 points off some of the pot 5 teams.

It's time to get real. We are a poor team, albeit one which should get better in the coming 24 months because of players breaking through.

The management doesn't give me any confidence. I can't imagine any manager worth their salt needing to show a video to a team if they have the power of motivation. I like Kenny as a man and he did a great job at Dundalk and to be fair with the u21s, but he has the look of a substitute teacher. I think he's had terrible luck with injury and I'd like to see him given most if not all the next campaign, but if this leak came from a player, all is not well and if it came from the FAI then the sharks are circling.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    I'm sorry but is this a **** take. Some pot 1 teams will give us a spanking home and away. Italy might not spank us because of their style but we would take 0 points from them. Maybe, one draw with Denmark at best.

The only pot 2 teams I see us taking points off are Serbia, Slovakia and Romania and in Serbia's case, it's more likely to be 0 points than say 2 or 3. Romania or Slovakia could be two draws but I wouldn't be confident.

The pot 4 teams look ominous for the team currently. A lot of them we might only take 2 points off (at best) though with Luxemburg it should be 6, while I wouldn't be massively confident of taking 6 points off some of the pot 5 teams.

It's time to get real. We are a poor team, albeit one which should get better in the coming 24 months because of players breaking through.

The management doesn't give me any confidence. I can't imagine any manager worth their salt needing to show a video to a team if they have the power of motivation. I like Kenny as a man and he did a great job at Dundalk and to be fair with the u21s, but he has the look of a substitute teacher. I think he's had terrible luck with injury and I'd like to see him given most if not all the next campaign, but if this leak came from a player, all is not well and if it came from the FAI then the sharks are circling.

No team wins it before kick off. What i said is pot 1 are teams that I think we need to avoid, and others are better chances,

Croatia-denmark-netherlands-italy-england are better options than the rest

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    First the chaos within the team must be sorted out. 4-3-3 needs to transform into 3-5-2 3-4-3.

I will start the qualies with this team.

----------------------------Randolph-------------------------------------------

------------coleman------------egan-------------clark---------------

doherty----------mccarthy---------cullen-----------stevens-----------

robinson-------------- long--------------------connolly-----------

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    No team wins it before kick off. What i said is pot 1 are teams that I think we need to avoid, and others are better chances,

Croatia-denmark-netherlands-italy-england are better options than the rest
    Fair enough about having a pyramid of teams we need to avoid. I only see Denmark as offering us a chance of points though. I do think Italy's style suits us where they wouldn't destroy us but I think it could be 0-1 and 2-0 type results. Italy are becoming very good again even if this world cup could be too soon for them. Teams like Portugal, France and Spain could absolutely decimate us.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    Fair enough about having a pyramid of teams we need to avoid. I only see Denmark as offering us a chance of points though. I do think Italy's style suits us where they wouldn't destroy us but I think it could be 0-1 and 2-0 type results. Italy are becoming very good again even if this world cup could be too soon for them. Teams like Portugal, France and Spain could absolutely decimate us.
    Yeah, Belgium is the form team, but were defeated by England, they are the best atm

Portugal, France, have a lot of depth, plus Portugal has Christiano and Christiano wants the W..C, Germany and Spain are rebuilding I hope they get rid of the german coach there will be a chance.

Italy I havent seen them but they dont have flair glamour player anymore, so two defeats in 2021 and they are in a havoc

England is a question mark.

Denmark and Croatia are similar and the Netherlands are still rebuilding, good players but they dont have the players of before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Belgium beat England last week.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Belgium beat England last week.
    Yeah, im more worried about how we are gonna improve because the 4-3-3 doesnt work, specially in attack, and with better rivals we may get a heavy defeat.

Yeah, Belgium I dont wanna play agai, but they depend on De Bruyne in midfield, since Hazard was out injured, I want Croatia or Denmark, and anyone from pot 2, I prefer Ukraine since I dont rate them, but there are worst teams there like Slovakia and Rumania.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    They're banned from the World Cup finals, but not from qualifying
    I was reading about this last night. I suspect that if they qualify, they'll be allowed in, just not to compete under the Russian flag. If FIFA were serious about not letting them in, surely they wouldn't allow them to compete in the qualifiers, right?

21. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    I was reading about this last night. I suspect that if they qualify, they'll be allowed in, just not to compete under the Russian flag. If FIFA were serious about not letting them in, surely they wouldn't allow them to compete in the qualifiers, right?
    Yeah they shouldnt allow them as Chile in 1994. For cheating vs Brazil. or Mexico in 1990, because they cheat on underage players those cheaters

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast