Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: B Teams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Irish Sea FC. Something fishy about this lot. Application will be ship. Definitely in over their heads & I can sea them sinking without a trace. Fintastic!

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Pity as last time I was in Baldonnel was in March 2000 .Ground must have come on in leaps and bounds since I was last there.
    Another team with next to no spectator facilities and potential crowds of about 100.

No problem with my side joining that are financially capable and have a decent plan in place, but St Francis didn't work the first time, so I don't see how they'll work this time.

At least with Cabo, if they can get themselves into their own ground in their own area, they might have a chance to grow.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Pity as last time I was in Baldonnel was in March 2000 .Ground must have come on in leaps and bounds since I was last there.
    AFAIK it’s the same except for the artificial pitch.

6. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    The orginal PFC Shipbuilders in the companies office in the UK. https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/10223419

is Aaron involved ?

I half expect random coach names and players to be named off the football manager database ... The Ukrainian version lasted 2 seasons. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Sud...ykolaiv_(2016)
    Last edited by ltfc_2004; 10/12/2020 at 9:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Irish Sea FC. Something fishy about this lot. Application will be ship. Definitely in over their heads & I can sea them sinking without a trace. Fintastic!
    My head hurts!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    A/c under maintenance wtf?
    Yeah, I'm getting the same. Maybe they saw someone had made the Ukranian Shipbuilders connection and yoinked it.

10. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Please enjoy this snippet grabbed before it was taken down "FOOTBALL IN DUBLIN
    In its earliest days, association football was largely confined to the city of Dublin and its surrounding county.[3] Gradually it became more widespread throughout the country, to the point where in the modern day there are clubs in all of the counties of Ireland. Currently, average league attendances at matches in the League of Ireland is around 2,000.[4] Many of the country’s top players move to leagues outside of the country, particularly the Premier League in England, which is one of the reasons why significant numbers of locals follow clubs in that league.[5] Having said that, the best Irish players have always followed the best wages. This did not stop the game entering into a “golden period” after the second world war when grounds would be full every weekend to watch a league game. It was the start of televised football in England, and the amateur setup in Ireland, that led to a decrease in attendances and a lack of support for the home teams.
    Professional Football has continued for 90 years in row in Nikolaev. In recent years more than 30,000 fans have turned out for Ukrainian Cup Games. In 2014 MFK Nikolaev Averaged 6,600 fans per game to lead the First Division."
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Please enjoy this snippet grabbed before it was taken down "FOOTBALL IN DUBLIN
    In its earliest days, association football was largely confined to the city of Dublin and its surrounding county.[3] Gradually it became more widespread throughout the country, to the point where in the modern day there are clubs in all of the counties of Ireland. Currently, average league attendances at matches in the League of Ireland is around 2,000.[4] Many of the country’s top players move to leagues outside of the country, particularly the Premier League in England, which is one of the reasons why significant numbers of locals follow clubs in that league.[5] Having said that, the best Irish players have always followed the best wages. This did not stop the game entering into a “golden period” after the second world war when grounds would be full every weekend to watch a league game. It was the start of televised football in England, and the amateur setup in Ireland, that led to a decrease in attendances and a lack of support for the home teams.
    Professional Football has continued for 90 years in row in Nikolaev. In recent years more than 30,000 fans have turned out for Ukrainian Cup Games. In 2014 MFK Nikolaev Averaged 6,600 fans per game to lead the First Division."
    This is all so much BS that it could be only cooked up by John Delaney as part of his desperate undercover master plan to re-infiltrate Irish football...though these clueless people probably actually do know more about football that he does. Funny that in a few days 2nd World War, Mussolini, Nazis and Swastikas have been mentioned in one way or another and I doubt there is a single Fascist among us!

You are being generous Martinho, Oriel Park's stand is phase one of 3 from the late 60's, Tallaght was 20 years in the making until SDCC got involved and Finn Harps have a half built stand over 13 years and counting. 20 years is nothing in LoI developments for little to happen!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buller View Post
    My head hurts!
    Tatiana Pavlova
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Sud...ykolaiv_(2016)

Sweet name...

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    I suspect that that 6 year old "6,600 fans per game" was deliberately chosen as the best recent(ish) figure - and that's for MFK, the main club in the city of 480k inhabitants, not Lukens' cowboy outfit!

And even a cursory glance at the footnotes to MFK's Wiki page reveals gems such as:
    "Club announced its dissolution on 2 July 2008. PFL proceeded to remove the club from the professional ranks. The club under pressure from local civil sources reapplies and the PFL grants the club reinstatement in the Druha Liha Group A for the 2008–09 season at the expense of FC Dynamo-3 Kyiv who withdrew to allow the League to have 18 teams.
    and
    "The club were deducted 3 points for failure of payments of financial obligations ordered by the PFL. (31 May 2012)"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MFC_Mykolaiv

You can see why Lukens would be attracted to #GLITW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Looking at the PFC Shipbuilders site, thought that the main picture of this 'Ukrainian' ground looked a bit like a LoI ground, some potential but needed work only then to cop it was flipping Morten Stadium. Strange one for a site for on a Ukrainian football team. Also this snippet which could be a lost in translation moment and nitpicking:

Dennis Lukens is one of a handful of Americans that holds a UEFA Pro License (United European Football Association) and United States Soccer Federation “A” License. He is enrolled and studying for his UEFA Pro License held by one other American and considered the highest coaching license in the world.

So Dennis is a UEFA PRO license holder but he is enrolled and studying for a UEFA Pro license, also might be handy to be a bit more accurate with the name of the license awarding body (even if essentially means the same)! Read no more after that opener.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Looking at the PFC Shipbuilders site, thought that the main picture of this 'Ukrainian' ground looked a bit like a LoI ground
    Was Tom standing outside it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    only then to cop it was flipping Morten Stadium.
    So that WAS Tom standing outside it then...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Was Tom standing outside it ?

So that WAS Tom standing outside it then...
    Not totally sure, it could have been JD since he ended up being down on his luck,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Their new crest is something else...

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Just started a new thread specially for them...

Mentallers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    It has been drawn to my attention that there sre in fact two twitter accounts and its entirely possible I've been following a parody account. Its impossible to tell

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Have they got a cluhouse, gym and Bar

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MKMK View Post
    Have they got bar ( summarized your question there to filter out the unimportant)
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MKMK View Post
    Nevermind that - have they got a DVD ?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar