Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: B Teams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    From my understanding, Rovers ii have been told if any teams apply, their membership might be in trouble, if they have a viable other option, but at the moment we have nothing to worry about because there isn't a viable option, this could change before the start of the season, but who knows

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Is there anything to be said for a 'Shamrock Rovers II' team being added to the league ?
    Rovers 2 squared.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    At the moment to add "B" teams seems the only option to increase the number of clubs and thats the only way to go to improve the league and the football scene in the country. If we could just get enough teams to regionalize the second division 16? 8-8 it would be great to go on the way for a third tier, which is very necessary and would help to get smaller towns in. Moreover a regionalized league could be more interesting for Leinster and Munster sides

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    407 Posts
    LEAGUE of IRELAND FIRST DIVISION TABLE- 2025

1. Shamrock Rovers.
    2. Shamrock Rovers Reserves
    3. Shamrock Rovers B
    4. Shamrock Rovers II
    5. Shamrock Rovers 2nd XI.
    6. Shamrock Rangers.
    7. Shamrock Rioters.
    8. Ruagirí na Seamroigé.
    9. Tallaght Shamrocks.
    10.Irish Sea Saint Home Farm Everton Treaty Yola FC*

* (Deducted 22pts for not having the correct colour of corner flags. Not re-elected)
    Last edited by EatYerGreens; 20/11/2020 at 1:49 PM.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Briuk View Post
    At the moment to add "B" teams seems the only option to increase the number of clubs and thats the only way to go to improve the league and the football scene in the country. If we could just get enough teams to regionalize the second division 16? 8-8 it would be great to go on the way for a third tier, which is very necessary and would help to get smaller towns in. Moreover a regionalized league could be more interesting for Leinster and Munster sides
    I agree, the current 10 + 6 more between new applicants and B teams and we have the makings of a decent size first division or a regionalized version of it.
    The B teams are needed for clubs who are properly investing in their academies as otherwise having developed kids from 12 or 13 (or earlier) you lose them to a lower Premier or first division team who offer them "senior football" before they are ready to play in the First team for their original club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Premier
    Shamrock Rovers
    Bohemians
    Dundalk
    Sligo Rovers
    Waterford
    St. Patrick's Athletic
    Derry City
    Finn Harps
    Drogheda United
    Longford Town

First Division
    Cork
    Shels
    Bray Wanderers
    UCD
    Galway United
    Cobh Ramblers
    Cabinteely
    Athlone

2nd Division
    Wexford
    Treaty Utd
    St Francis
    Shamrock Rovers B
    Dundalk B
    Bohemians B
    North Sea FC

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC Blue View Post
    First Division
    Cork
    Shels
    Bray Wanderers
    UCD
    Galway United
    Cobh Ramblers
    Cabinteely
    Athlone

2nd Division
    Wexford
    Treaty Utd
    St Francis
    Shamrock Rovers B
    Dundalk B
    Bohemians B
    North Sea FC
    An 8 team second tier and a 7 team third tier ?!
    Last edited by EatYerGreens; 20/11/2020 at 2:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    An 8 team second tier and a 7 team third tier ?!
    I ran out of teams 🤷*♂️

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC Blue View Post
    I ran out of teams 路*♂️
    You sound like John Delaney/the FAI.

You didn't open the floodgates for Irish Sea FC then ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    A third tier would add a bit of extra competition to the first division atleast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    i would start with a 15 or 16 team first division next year if possible and let it be known that the top 8 will qualify for the new division 1 the following year with the bottom 7/8 + any new teams making up the division 2.
    Maximum of 1 b team in the first division in year two (so the b teams would have their own mini league) as you dont want a first division of 8 teams with 3 of them b teams.
    I know that doesnt regionalize things but i think a better standard first division is better then 2 medicore regionalized varients.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    i would start with a 15 or 16 team first division next year if possible and let it be known that the top 8 will qualify for the new division 1 the following year with the bottom 7/8 + any new teams making up the division 2.
    Maximum of 1 b team in the first division in year two (so the b teams would have their own mini league) as you dont want a first division of 8 teams with 3 of them b teams.
    I know that doesnt regionalize things but i think a better standard first division is better then 2 medicore regionalized varients.
    For me the way to go at least at the moment would be a 1st phase regionalized 8-8 and then a split for promotion. You could do that until getting more clubs in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I don't know a lot about intermediate football, but from having a look on wikipedia it seems that the Munster league is heavily weighted towards Cork. As is Ulster to Donegal and Leinster to Dublin.

Maybe this level needs to be reformed as-well? Three regional leagues for West, East & South. Clubs that show potential at this level could then make the jump to a properly maintained first division. I still think our goal as a league should be a semi-pro first division and a full pro premier.
    oh boy I'm not good at football forums

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GUFCghost View Post
    I don't know a lot about intermediate football, but from having a look on wikipedia it seems that the Munster league is heavily weighted towards Cork. As is Ulster to Donegal and Leinster to Dublin.

Maybe this level needs to be reformed as-well? Three regional leagues for West, East & South. Clubs that show potential at this level could then make the jump to a properly maintained first division. I still think our goal as a league should be a semi-pro first division and a full pro premier.

All comes down to money again really. Travel cost would be high for that. Would need to be backed by the FAI. Standard wise would be a massive difference between senior clubs and 1st division clubs but i think would be a big step. Your correct in what you are calling for but it needs to be separate form msl/lsl/usl. Needs to be run by the fai. Like an a league type set up based geography. Maybe try rob few clubs from the Irish league too 😂

16. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    All comes down to money again really. Travel cost would be high for that. Would need to be backed by the FAI. Standard wise would be a massive difference between senior clubs and 1st division clubs but i think would be a big step. Your correct in what you are calling for but it needs to be separate form msl/lsl/usl. Needs to be run by the fai. Like an a league type set up based geography. Maybe try rob few clubs from the Irish league too 😂
    I really think FAI should be looking to tap into the 3rd level soccer and try get a few more teams like with UCD, great for young players be in a professional set up while studying for a degree.

Ucc
    Carlow it
    Uuj
    Maynooth
    Dcu
    Tralee
    Sligo
    Galway
    UL

Add in the 3/4 b teams plus likes a Mayo/ Monaghan, Kilkenny, limerick, Kerry.

Would have lots of option for larger leagues or maybe regional lower division etc

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    I really think FAI should be looking to tap into the 3rd level soccer and try get a few more teams like with UCD, great for young players be in a professional set up while studying for a degree.

Ucc
    Carlow it
    Uuj
    Maynooth
    Dcu
    Tralee
    Sligo
    Galway
    UL

Add in the 3/4 b teams plus likes a Mayo/ Monaghan, Kilkenny, limerick, Kerry.

Would have lots of option for larger leagues or maybe regional lower division etc
    That'd be an awful idea in fairness. Irish people have no personal affinity with the educational institutions that just happen to be in their area, and even those who currently or previously attended them have limited emotional ties to them as well. Most spend every weekend getting away from their university town and back to their village in the arse end of nowhere to see the same faces they've seen all their lives and so their mammy can wash their socks for them. So these teams would be pretty much guaranteed to have no support.

Football is supposed to be all about the fans. And Irish football already has enough teams who don't really have any fans.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    That'd be an awful idea in fairness. Irish people have no personal affinity with the educational institutions that just happen to be in their area, and even those who currently or previously attended them have limited emotional ties to them as well. Most spend every weekend getting away from their university town and back to their village in the arse end of nowhere to see the same faces they've seen all their lives and so their mammy can wash their socks for them. So these teams would be pretty much guaranteed to have no support.

Football is supposed to be all about the fans. And Irish football already has enough teams who don't really have any fans.

Bonus 5% in your exams if you can produce 10 ticket stubs for home matches.

No charge for the idea Stu

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Bonus 5% in your exams if you can produce 10 ticket stubs for home matches.

No charge for the idea Stu
    The only thing that would increase would be the profits of various printing and copy outlets, and not the clubs themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    The only thing that would increase would be the profits of various printing and copy outlets, and not the clubs themselves.
    Selfie at match?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I am not suggesting that people are forced into the league but surely the objective at the top of the FAI should be to encourage the spread of the game and create conditions that allows and promoites teams to enter the league. Why not have a complete merit based league so that the best team can be proimoted from whatever league they are in as in Germany. I agree that you would need your head examined if you were to put a team in the league unless you had a large fortune that you wanted to make into a small fortune
    The FAI has to get serious about the League of Ireland and that means proper sponsors, prizemoney etc. Winning the Premier gets a club pocket money. The only incentive is to get into Europe. The League title should have real value on its own.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast