Straight into Basten Herys pocket.
    He appreciates your kind contribution.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    I'd be curious to know why Rovers thought....
    that they would win an unwinnable case in front of an FAI committee,? Yeah , curious.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I'd be curious to know why Rovers thought, or at least argued, that Mandriou was a free agent. Everyone knows the compensation rules at this point. Did Bohs not pay him at some point or something?
    No idea. All I can think is Mandroiu told them he wasn't offered a contract by Bohs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Briuk View Post
    That would be an awful move, Gartside isnt at the moment much better than Cherrie or Abibi and has made mistakes too
    Gartside apart from his first two games has been our best player other than Patching. All that kid needed was a run of games. Fingers crossed he'll be our No1 for the next 10 years+.
    As Irishmen we dilute our sense of nation by depending on the English to bring us our balls

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    He appreciates your kind contribution.
    I guess sometimes the feeder club has to be fed.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I'd be curious to know why Rovers thought, or at least argued, that Mandriou was a free agent. Everyone knows the compensation rules at this point. Did Bohs not pay him at some point or something?
    From what i heard Bohs were a mess and didn't get the standard compensation they were looking for because of it, Rovers effectively got a decent discount thanks to that.
    That journo is a bohs fan and is spinning for them...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    It's fairly straightforward despite what anyone else says . Bohs offer him a contract even if they know he is going . He declines it and any Irish club have to pay up a year's salary. In this case on a 42 week contract a little north of 20k would be correct.Its something that the tapping up club cannot shy away from.
    The only reason it would have to go to FAI is rovers arrogantly refusing to pay up to Bohs .
    If there was no contract or letter of retention Rovers wouldn't have to pay a penny and it wouldn't have even got to the FAI.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    From what i heard Bohs were a mess and didn't get the standard compensation they were looking for because of it, Rovers effectively got a decent discount thanks to that.
    That journo is a bohs fan and is spinning for them...
    Spinner slams spinning .Hilarious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I guess we will see

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I guess we will see
    Is there to be another reveal from your sources.?Surely they are celebrating their stunning legal victory ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Sunday life in NI is saying Shields from Dundalk has agreed to join Linfield.

From what limited times I've seen him, he's been the stand out player for dundalk.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bruce View Post
    Sunday life in NI is saying Shields from Dundalk has agreed to join Linfield.

From what limited times I've seen him, he's been the stand out player for dundalk.

What are your thoughts?
    He would be a good signing. The chap is a fantastic worker.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Shields is probably the one player that every club would want to sign from Dundalk.Thought he was contracted for 2022, so transfer fee?
    Peak sweating the assets before heading off in a huff with 2million Euro drained from Dundalk coffers

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,214 Posts
    How are Peak draining funds from Dundalk? I don't think they are - no more than I think they're putting money into the coffers.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    The article says his contract is up December 31st, we've agreed terms with player but Glentoran have come in with 2 late offers & now linfield are looking to sign him now. The fee according to the report wont be any issue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    How are Peak draining funds from Dundalk? I don't think they are - no more than I think they're putting money into the coffers.
    Id agree. Its easy from the outside looking in to make wild aspersions about what has exactly gone wrong at Dundalk. I don't think they set themselves up for success this year from a management point of view and that is one of the key issues. The budget seemed to be there to get a team capable of winning the league, but a ship without a captain is doomed to failure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    I would say, from my own viewpoint, that two years ago Chris Shields was probably the most underrated player in the LOI, arguably the best player in the league.
    Has been steady since, but not standing out.

Not getting any younger, and probably taking a nice handy few years to wind down at Linfield. Think he lives up the north somewhere too?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Id agree. Its easy from the outside looking in to make wild aspersions about what has exactly gone wrong at Dundalk. I don't think they set themselves up for success this year from a management point of view and that is one of the key issues. The budget seemed to be there to get a team capable of winning the league, but a ship without a captain is doomed to failure.
    There is a pretty simple reason for this fall from grace and it is having a chairman that is dictated to by an agent. If 200k had to be paid for what is being called up front wages to a signing, i'd call it a sgning on fee as Im sure there is a weekly wage involved too, well its not hard to see how a playing budget has gotten out of control. Aside from the gradual increases players get for committing to stay year after year and then bonuses, there is always growth in wage budget but its more like agent says 'I have this player', 'how much, is he any good?', 'He's world class and will cost you 300k but will win you gazzilions in Europe!'. 'We'll sign him!' 'No negotiation?'. 'No sure YOU are the best agent around and I trust you completely!'. Agent grins, rubs his hands together, asks the chairman how much is in the bank and sets about a transfer of wealth 'project'.

There are some very damning rumours about former local staff that Im not convinced are a lot more about discrediting concerns voiced by that member of staff that agents dont tend to have the best interest of clubs at heart......

As for money spent, if we take 4mil net from 2016 and a lot of that as cash reserve (remember getting that Euro money from the FAI kickstarted the demise of the FAI of the time so still had to be payed late 2017 for the club sale to be finalised so not spent), 3.5mil last year and then annual European minimum prizemoney in between so could we guess 8-10mil? P6 buy the club so own the cash reserve but how much did they spend that wasnt in the club accounts anyway and how much is or will be left as debt - Ive certainly not heard a figure the club was initially bought for anywhere near the sort of money that the club recieved over the last 3 years. BCD games hastened the issues we are seeing now - Players should be professional but talented stalwarts seeing dross quality coming in on bigger wages well where is the incentive to be bothered when you throw in short term contracts and all the rest.

If P6 leave I do think it will be due to them spitting the dummy and a lack of maturity in being able to admit being duped. A review of budgets, allowing a Sporting Director who at minimum knows what agents are like, do his job, reconsider and dump recent recruitment policies - show some actual business acumen, reset and go again. Tbh the objectives P6 set for the club werent far off, dominant 2019 and euro money, 2020 EL Groups and the money with that, added to what was still in the bank and should have been with some common sense. Seeding that makes ECL group qualification possible going forward especially if in the champions pathway. 2020 was an abnormal season, we dont know how things might have been without the disruption of the break but possible Perth is still in the job, 2020 EL draw he'd have navigated, no rookie manager/pro license ****e to carry in to 2021, turnover of squad with 2 games to try and gel together wouldnt have happened. The nature of this season, you have to think that a half decent manager with the players still at Dundalk would have us top 3. The best of sides dip out of competing for the league at times but hardly crisis stuff unless sitting one spot above relegation - self inflicted by owners and not the players really.

There is still potential, sensible recruitment, buffer between playing affairs and Florida, take the waste of money on the chin, readjust budgets over a few seasons in some effort not to perpetuate player turnover or accept that a team needs a complete rebuild and will take a few seasons to challenge.

P6 headed up the initial takeover but with what I presume were smaller type investors like Spencer and Woolfolk, for Hulsizers billions its possible that these people are really the ones that have had to cut their losses - P6 failed them by allowing spending become crazy. Maybe they need to go but in hope that there are more professional potential buyers out there or they actually show they can run a business without all the dud ceo's and paying them off, taking in unqualified board members while pushing out those who are, quit the divide and conquer stuff with petty games of oneupmanship and trying to blacken names and reputations for disturbing those who are fleecing the place. Jaysus they have to know that fans grumble when **** is happening so need to toughen up to a bit of criticism. Where did it all go wrong - ridiculous messing over Hobans contract, off the wall letter to local press on the barring of local journalist, and sending Bill in to sort that out and Bill getting a taste for more.

We've been in worse spots tbh, its just a sharp fall rather than gradual decline.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    According to DOD in the indo, Dundalk "owe"1.7 million euro to the Peak group of companies.Is that a " wild aspertion".(can they be cultivated ?)
    Peak are departing the scene and owe their shareholders a duty to sweat the asset prior to offloading the club.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,214 Posts
    Interesting. Have you a link so we can get the detail?

(I presume you mean Daniel McDonnell btw?)

Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast