Page 66 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1533

Thread: 2021 Season , Arrivals and departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Always makes me laugh this one. Sheppard used Dundalk to get more money out of Cork which they couldn't afford and he's the hero
    Regardless of the money, it was still pretty ****ty from Kenny at the time and was clearly designed to unsettle the City dressing room ahead of the cup final. Sheppard had planned to sign for Dundlak before that bit of gamesmanship by Kenny. In the end Sheps pass was the assist to Campion to take it to penalties, of which Shep scored the first one.

If Kenny had planned ot sign Sheppard then its not a great way to build a relationship with him.

In the longterm perhaps we'd have been better off without him but that was largely due to his arthritis. Worth it for the double to be honest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Always makes me laugh this one. Sheppard used Dundalk to get more money out of Cork which they couldn't afford and he's the hero
    They'll never get that though. NEVER! EVER!
    Last edited by ToberonaTornado; 09/07/2021 at 4:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Everytime I visualise the scene at dundalk I just have the song "My Way" in my head.
    "And now, the end is near, and so I face....."
    It's a classic to be fair. Maybe Rovers could adopt it for their fleeting Champions League campaign. Would make great walk out music

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Regardless of the money, it was still pretty ****ty from Kenny at the time and was clearly designed to unsettle the City dressing room ahead of the cup final. Sheppard had planned to sign for Dundlak before that bit of gamesmanship by Kenny. In the end Sheps pass was the assist to Campion to take it to penalties, of which Shep scored the first one.

If Kenny had planned ot sign Sheppard then its not a great way to build a relationship with him.

In the longterm perhaps we'd have been better off without him but that was largely due to his arthritis. Worth it for the double to be honest.
    You keep telling yourself that. I'm sure Sheppard will anyway.

Bullet dodged.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Edit: fake news.
    Last edited by Longfordian; 09/07/2021 at 11:00 PM.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    It's a classic to be fair. Maybe Rovers could adopt it for their fleeting Champions League campaign. Would make great walk out music
    we'll always have next year. not sure vinny and his rapidly decreasing staffed boat can say the same.
    but dont worry, you'll have the "final curtain" this year so enjoy.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Derry have announced that Michael Duffy has signed a pre contract.
    Thought they had a chance for one of the two but getting them both is a great bit of business. Softens the blow of losing Patching back to Dundalk.

A bit of a rebuild now for Dundalk. Where will they look? Have there been enough positives from the Global Reach and Awareness Project signings that a similar approach will be taken? Is the feeling that the likes of Jurkovskis, Zahibo, Midtstkogen and Nattesund have done enough even if a few others haven't done much? Or will they aim to snap up the best they can from clubs at home?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    While it’s probable that Duffy will end up at Derry next season, nothing has been announced. I think a twitter spoof announcement caught a few people out today.
    As for Dundalk, the only foreign signings that can be looked as any kind of success are Stanton and Jurkovskis. The other outfield players have been really poor and Abibi has been poor but is getting better but was starting from a low point. Next season will probably be a complete rebuild and will likely be without the American owners so who knows what will happen but it’ll be a largely domestic squad.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Looks like you're right actually, sorry. Somebody on my timeline retweeted it and it looked legit!
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    While it’s probable that Duffy will end up at Derry next season, nothing has been announced. I think a twitter spoof announcement caught a few people out today.
    Good wind up..,

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Looks like you're right actually, sorry. Somebody on my timeline retweeted it and it looked legit!
    I thought voting against our B team was the last straw...but now this? I'll never shop in Longford again.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    We had four new signings announced tonight.

Eddie Nolan (Crewe Alexandra)
    Junior Quitirna (Charlton U23s) - Scored on his debut
    Jeremie Milambo (With Bradford till 2019, and bounced around the non league in recent years)
    Anthony Wordsworth (Barnet)

We’ve a very young squad and have a severe lack of experience so the addition of Nolan and Wordsworth may have a big impact to the squad. Between them they’ve played over 600 football league games.

It should be an interesting between ourselves and Harps to avoid ninth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post

Seanie League and Sheppard Double...

It still amuses how Cork folk dont get how their club was played by Sheppard, and thats saying something considering some of the players on Dundalk's books these days. Has his seasons performance after the cup final been forgotten, if so a quick look at the Cork forum will be a stark reminder. It's generally not the best idea to sign a crocked player and he knew he was crocked, no blame for the player trying though. Kenny answered a question put to him at a press conference, not quite the same as a press release from the club, word was out and not from DFC albeit confirmed by the club's manager. Nether player or manager were that fussed if so Dundalk wouldnt have just torn up a contract. A complete ploy meant the player was given better terms than he originally wanted to keep him at Cork, and a manager used the whole thing to play a few mind games pre cup final - shocker!! SK should stay well away from that side of management as he was rubbish at it anyway and it did backfire on him as Sheppard had to bust himself is the final to keep any credibility with Cork fans after trying to sneak off quietly, and I dont think it reflected well on SK imo and by extension Dundalk FC I suppose. Sheppard should be as much remembered for manipulating a deal (played nicely in fairness) and how half assed he was after as many Cork fans themselves observed, as much for an assist to take a cup final to penalties. Was a double really worth it considering how FORAS sold their soul to keep their man? Shep did Shels out of a wedge too! If pointing the finger at Dundalk it should be for knowingly allow a player inflate demands to pressure another clubs wage budget, a more sinister and valid accusation than falling for player and agent spin!

This stuff with Derry raises its own questions on whether there was an issue between VP and RH prior to this, something to do with Higgins FAI role, did it affect the dressing room circa 2020, a bit of pettiness for not playing ball over Patching, Perth can seem to be abrasive and was there some payback. If I were directly competing in the league table i'd take an edge, care little about it but thats me. VP gives the impression at least that he isnt in to that sort of stuff and let things play out on the field. Did he even know McEleney had signed a pre-contract? We knew the squad was being cut back, McEleney would be a top earner, likely to go. It's no secret that both McEleney and Duffy were at some point going to return to DCFC and al things considered November was likely for either or both players. Either VP didnt know or simply expected more from someone he worked closely with. It will be a loss especially with this run of being injury free but the performances of both Stanton and Patching will soften the loss assuming they stay. But sure if we only get that pass to score for penos from Fats alls eh ok! (if it secures Europe for 2022)
    Last edited by Nesta99; 10/07/2021 at 8:10 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    A bit of a rebuild now for Dundalk. Where will they look? Have there been enough positives from the Global Reach and Awareness Project signings that a similar approach will be taken?
    Surely they’ll bring in the likes of Heung Min Son now to please their new millions of South Korean fans that have followed Han since his move
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Any of you Hoops hear rumour of imminent announcement of re-signing ex player for the remainder of the season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Also a rumour of an imminent announcement of the signing of an ex Rovers player by Dundalk for the remainder of the season - is there some last minute horse trading going on?!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Any of you Hoops hear rumour of imminent announcement of re-signing ex player for the remainder of the season?
    Boccer out on bail?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Kevin Zefi is finally off to join Inter Milan youth set up. Hope he goes well.. And is hopefully loaned back to Rovers in 3 yrs time to get some 1st team mens football action.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Kevin Zefi is finally off to join Inter Milan youth set up. Hope he goes well.. And is hopefully loaned back to Rovers in 3 yrs time to get some 1st team mens football action.
    For obvious reasons that is super to hear!! The more the merrier that look beyond the UK and I think Inter Milan might just be up there as a sport for player development.

Think i'm just going to ignore all twitter feeds and football rumour type sites until this window closes as some of the Dundalk stuff getting rolled out is as outrageous as 200k signing on fees!!

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    First of many moves bypassing the Irish sea I reckon considering the complexities with Brexit. Best of luck to the lad.He scored against us in his debut last season!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Page 66 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast