Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season , Arrivals and departures

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Town sign Callum Thompson formerly of Bray and Bohs (briefly it appears). Don't know much about him really other than his being over at Wolves prior to that but he's the first new signing on board anyway.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    Wilson is a cracking signing for Bohs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Galway United team to date:

Goalkeepers: Kevin Horgan(re-signed)

Defenders: Christopher Horgan(re-signed) - Gary Boylan(formerly Cork City & Sligo Rovers) - Maurice Nugent(re-signed) - Killian Brouder(re-signed)

Midfielders: Stephen Christopher(re-signed) - Shane Duggan(re-signed) - David Hurley(formerly with Cobh) - Carlton Ubaezuono(re-signed) - Shane Doherty(re-signed)

Forwards: Padraic Cunningham(back from playing with Galway GAA) - Mikie Rowe (Tormenta FC, USA) - Francely Lomboto(re-signed) - Ruairi Keating (Gateshead FC)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    If i could choose who rovers sign from any other clubs in the league id go for duffy and hoare from dundalk, grant and mandriou from bohs, coughlan from sligo, murphy gk from waterford for when big Al retires, forester from pats (he needs a change and class is permanant) and trevor clarke back from engerland. Obviously dont need that many players but thats my christmas wish list.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    But why did he play every game until the end of the season? If Peter Cherrie is not the answer then surely the implication is the other guy is an even worse answer. Which suggests that you haven't even asked the question to begin with.
    I asked myself that every time Gerard Doherty put on the jersey, the competition must be bad!
    In fairness to Gartside though, he’s not made an error when he’s played. Devine hasnt given youth or local lads like Gartside a chance though
    As Irishmen we dilute our sense of nation by depending on the English to bring us our balls

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Ah now I thought Gerard Doherty was generally excellent for us, at one stage I really couldn’t understand why he wasn’t getting in the NI squad when Mannus (in his first spell at Rovers) was.

Cherrie was a disaster this year tbh, cost us in all competitions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    If i could choose who rovers sign from any other clubs in the league id go for duffy and hoare from dundalk, grant and mandriou from bohs, coughlan from sligo, murphy gk from waterford for when big Al retires, forester from pats (he needs a change and class is permanant) and trevor clarke back from engerland. Obviously dont need that many players but thats my christmas wish list.
    You could get your wish regarding Hoare. Why him though? He has been error prone of recent, played out of position as cover for Gannon until moving to the 3 at the back. I think he needs a fresh start but as a definite starter somewhere. All sorts of rumours about Duffy leaving. Plenty of players linked with St Pats but tbh if S'OD had been appointed by a local u10 side senior Dundalk players would be linked. Could be something behind the stories but some dont make a whole lot of sense either. On unlikely rumours Dundalk supposedly approched Byrne with a precontract. Even if they had no belief in ever getting him on board it may have boosted his offer from Rovers just for the craic of it, but 2 can play at that game!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    I like hoare when he is played in position and think he suits us better, kelly is a **** and boyle and garts to old. We need cover for joey and we got lucky with injuries this year so need cover.
    Duffy is obvious move but i heard he was derry bound , money no object. Rumours obviously

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I'd sooner have Roddy back that Forrester. A complete waste of space that Forrester boy is.
    Hoare to Rovers is supposedly a done deal already, with Duffy going to Derry.
    Is take Leahy from dundalk if available but other than maybe grant & sobawale(?) from Waterford it's slim pickings in the LOI, quality wise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Leahy is already under contract for next season. Not sure what’s happening with Hoare, I’d like to keep him given Gartlands age. Boyle is 29 so hardly old.
    Seems that Duffy and Gannon may have signed on again for next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Leahy is already under contract for next season. Not sure what’s happening with Hoare, I’d like to keep him given Gartlands age. Boyle is 29 so hardly old.
    Seems that Duffy and Gannon may have signed on again for next season.
    You surprised me on boyle only being 29, he doesnt seem the same since coming back from england. Be funny if gannon does sign back for dundalk hes been getting slaughtered on the basis he was on his way to rovers, shows how much rumour is worth in our league :😀

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    Forrester has been quality when played in the role he flourished in at Peterborough. The more we do that and stop clinging onto the hope that he'll become the type of player he was in his first stint the more you see the type of performances he was putting in toward the end of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    You surprised me on boyle only being 29, he doesnt seem the same since coming back from england. Be funny if gannon does sign back for dundalk hes been getting slaughtered on the basis he was on his way to rovers, shows how much rumour is worth in our league :😀
    You can’t beat this league for rumours. Sure there has been a couple of times since he’s been with us that Gannon has been “already signed by Rovers” only to sign on for us again. To be honest I wouldn’t completely believe he has re signed until I see the club announce it.
    You’re right about Boyle though, he hasn’t been the player he was since he came back though I think recently he has settled more into the team. I think the three at the back is here to stay for Dundalk with Filippo staying on so hopefully a full preseason will iron out some of the shambolic defending at set pieces that we’ve seen over the last while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    341 Posts
    Romeo Parkes signed back at Sligo.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Forrester has been quality when played in the role he flourished in at Peterborough. The more we do that and stop clinging onto the hope that he'll become the type of player he was in his first stint the more you see the type of performances he was putting in toward the end of the season.
    If jack b does leave us forester has that touch of unpredictability about him and if given a free role to express himself in a team where he has a lot of good players around him might recapture some of the old magic.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    What's the story with Mandriou ? Seemed to barely play for Bohs this season but was in the Irish u21's set up consistently. Was he injured or just not getting picked ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    I'd sooner have Roddy back that Forrester. A complete waste of space that Forrester boy is.
    Hoare to Rovers is supposedly a done deal already, with Duffy going to Derry.
    No chance of that happening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    Fillippo given a two year contract apparently
    We had to listen to DFC and bohs fans having a go at Bradser for ages so i dont mind saying i think this is great news for Rovers and the rest of the league.

DFC have been poor under FG and the zonal defending is chaotic.
    Winning the cup is a one off match which if Pico had not missed the ball in the 90th minute would have gone the other way.
    Most DFC fans prior to the cup final would have been glad to see the back of him, one match later he is here for two years......

Maybe he will work out in the end but i cant help thinking he has been incredibly lucky and dogs that chase cars etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Ah I dont think it was glad to see the back of him, he is still just an unknown quantity could be a SK with whistles and bells for all we know when he as real time to bed in his ideas and Magilton is appointed upstairs too. The chap who has had a the big stroke of luck is Shane Keegan tbh. Fringe opposition analyst, after leaving 2 manager jobs and is now back at the centre of things. 2 years shows some confidence rather than the 1 year 'we are just not totally convince by you' so already starting off on the back foot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    It may seem obvious, but probably worth pointing out anyway. Dundalk success on the pitch wi be decided by the players not the manager.
    A significant portion of their players downed tools last season, for whatever reason. Finishing 22 points behind Rovers after effectively 14 games was the result of something anyway.
    If, going on current stories, the vast majority of those players are about to sign back on for next season then, as a Rovers fan, that increases my confidence for next season.
    By my amateur eye reckoning dundalk need 4/5 proper quality players to challenge Rovers for the league, and I don't think there is that many available in LOI.
    1 real quality player from outside the LOI could theoretically change all that but that's a known unknown, as Rumsfeld would say.

Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast