Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season , Arrivals and departures

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Delighted to hear Sean Boyd has signed for you, he has had shocking luck with injuries, if he gets a run of games and shows anything like the form he showed earlier in his carear he will do well for you.
    Sean came in for a lot of criticism in his last stint with us, he did seem to be going through the motion at times.And whilst I will admit to being one of those who complained, some of the abuse he got from Harps fans was ridiculous especially when he got carried off injured there was an audible cheer from some sections of Finn Park.

Best of luck to him, hopefully he can put that last few years behind him and has a successful time with Harps
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Boyd didn't have a great time with Harps, and I don't think he had a great time with Longford either. Jury is definitely out on him. He won't be starting for Harps anyway, but handy to have in the squad.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    If he gets a run of games and his fitness back you will be amazed at how good he is

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Grise View Post
    Flip that round Charlie... If the FAI have an employee they can't pay off because the cash isn't there, and running down his contract with him on gardening leave is preferable to finding any other way to use his talents (coaching, ambassador, whatever) I'd be asking has the employee done anything to contribute to that state of affairs.
    I don't know. If they were to do a deal it wouldn't necessarily mean paying more up front. It just seems to not be happening for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Splitting hairs but the snub wasnt really the FAI but the senior coach. There are back channels where info is shared that we wouldnt be privy to but reading between the lines, 2 very different coaches of different eras, one who RK played for in a very good spell 2009-02 as the key man, and neither wanted him in as a coach. I have never seen him coach so wont say that he is no good (which is possible and he isnt a great communicator) but he is a remnant of the way things were manipulated by Delaney, yes the 2 senior coaches were also appointed in a strange arrangement but it has been suggested that RK was to be Delaney's inside man nd anointed one - its possible McCarthy copped that info was being passed on. Not associated with RK but we did have the whole motivational video leak debacle which cause another former playing legend step down on principle so there is trust issues still. There seems to still be some shady undertones in the setup and its unsurprising that SK handpicked his own coaches and didnt allow any forced upon him. Crawford had a very similar response also. Lets take that he is a muck coach well it wont make much difference to Arron Greene anyway but letting a poor attacking coach lose on the like of Burke or Farrugia? Key coaching points today - a signature goal celebration....

If RK is much affected by 'the snub' then he needs to stay away from football management!!
    Well, yeah, it is SK's decision and I suspect both Mick and SK handled it in their own way to assert their own authority and he's probably been hung out to dry in the process. I wouldn't have too much sympathy for him but I could understood why he'd dig in his heels.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soc...after-23644688

So Giovagnoli's role is now 'coach' and will not be selecting the team

EDIT: more quotes from Jim Magilton in this article - https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-40177400.html
    Last edited by 2 Year Contract; 09/03/2021 at 4:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Sounds complex but I’d imagine a lot of that is being said to ensure the club avoids any more issues over Giovagnoli not having the requisite licence. In reality I doubt there’ll be much change to what’s going on currently.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soc...after-23644688

So Giovagnoli's role is now 'coach' and will not be selecting the team

EDIT: more quotes from Jim Magilton in this article - https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-40177400.html
    Looks like Filippo has been Majilted.

9. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Sounds complex
    It's sounds like a complete mess, and fairly typical of Buffalo Bill's golden touch. They'll be picking the team with an X Factor style phone in voting system by the end of the season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    The clown car that is dundalk, off the pitch, carries on at pace it seems.
    Let's see if shields can run the club again for a season, and see what comes of it. Should be a tasty no holds barred affair on Friday anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    I have to say, the more I was thinking about FG, if he does not have the required badges to manage in europe, and they can't get him onto a course until late 2021 or 2022, what was the point in giving him a contract for 2021?

So the demotion is not a surprise to me. Seems O'Donnell at Pats also does not have his full badges, but the difference is they are not playing in europe in 2021.

For the Cleje game in Europe last year, John Gill was the manager as he had the badges.

This is still a mess, as they obviously don't want FG as the manager without his badges even for LOI games now.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

13. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    "I'm the gaffer. The buck stops with me."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    This is a simple box ticking exercise. They have to name Keegan and state Fillipo will not be picking the team.

Its the exact same set up as last season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Shamrock rovers social media guys stirring it this evening, little promo video for season launch with mandroiu kissing the badge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    FG cant be to happy at such a public downgrade compared to the john gill appointment for vinny. Does it matter ...meh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    "I'm the gaffer. The buck stops with me."
    He has to know the irony!! Or he is now pure Dundalk.....ffs

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I don't know. If they were to do a deal it wouldn't necessarily mean paying more up front. It just seems to not be happening for whatever reason.

Well, yeah, it is SK's decision and I suspect both Mick and SK handled it in their own way to assert their own authority and he's probably been hung out to dry in the process. I wouldn't have too much sympathy for him but I could understood why he'd dig in his heels.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...coach-i-can-be

Keane touches on it a little bit here.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    FG cant be to happy at such a public downgrade compared to the john gill appointment for vinny. Does it matter ...meh
    According to the RTE article, he doesn't even have an A license let alone a pro license! That is absolutely ridiculous. He's less qualified than a lot of schoolboy coaches in this country!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Dundalk have beeb brilliant value recently, who would have thought we'd end up like this. Almost would rather pre-season never ending considering we're winning it again and Keegan is nailed on to make it 3 relegations out of 3.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    According to the RTE article, he doesn't even have an A license let alone a pro license! That is absolutely ridiculous. He's less qualified than a lot of schoolboy coaches in this country!
    That's the other chap Rossi I think. They're talking about getting FG on the next available Pro Licence course with another association so he must have an A licence or he wouldn't be able to get on it.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    That's the other chap Rossi I think. They're talking about getting FG on the next available Pro Licence course with another association so he must have an A licence or he wouldn't be able to get on it.
    Ah apologies I misread the article! It was indeed referring to the other chap!

Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast