Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season , Arrivals and departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Started 7 games with 4 sub appearances this season and didn't impress one of a number of poor signings for us
    He seemed to be played out of position fairly regularly. He's most effective at centre half. Bit lost elsewhere but can fill a hole at left back
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Daniel O'Reilly left Shels as well. Presume he'll sign for Longford again, but a player I'd like to see back at Harps. Didn't get a fair crack of it at Shels at all.
    Jaysus Nigel when I think about it Danny OReilly he was there with Sam Verdon wasnt he? How long did he stay with ye? Would love to see him back with us but think he would find it hard getting a place! Think he could go back to ye tbh
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Sickener losing Clarke, he’s second best keeper in the league behind Mannus in my eyes (Brian Murphy also up there) and I’d go as far as saying Pats could’ve been relegated without him this season. He’d have fit in perfectly at Dundalk given his ability with his feet on top of everything else
    I have to say I'd rate the Sligo keeper McGinty up there with one of the best in the league, now he would be a fantastic choice for Dundalk if available / if Sligo agreed to sell.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Jaysus Nigel when I think about it Danny OReilly he was there with Sam Verdon wasnt he? How long did he stay with ye? Would love to see him back with us but think he would find it hard getting a place! Think he could go back to ye tbh
    He stayed longer than Verdon did anyway Marty!

And with respect, I'd say he'd walk back into the Longford team quicker than he'd get into our defence. But he'd be a fine squad replacement for Sam Todd.

5. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I have to say I'd rate the Sligo keeper McGinty up there with one of the best in the league, now he would be a fantastic choice for Dundalk if available / if Sligo agreed to sell.
    I know Pats are well-resourced but can't imagine the money they'd offer would tempt Sligo, who have 200k+ coming from Europe (barring an Athlone miracle).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    You may have mis read Charlie, I was suggesting McGinty would be a good fit for DFC, never mentioned Pats. Fair point on the 225k euro monies though, but I would think DFC could still offer him a lot more in wages, then again Sligo would still need to sell, if he is under contract.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    341 Posts
    Darragh Markey joined Drogheda from Pats,not sure Pats fans are happy with that one........
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    Darragh Markey gone to Drogs. Mixed feelings on that one, very likable player and a lovely footballer but at the same time it feels like we've been waiting years for it to click and him to actually become productive. Move might be the best thing for him.

Can see us looking very different next season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Would you see a number of dundalk players playing for pats next season?
    If so which ones would you prefer?
    You'd have to assume O'Donnell would have first choice on those not staying in oriel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Would you see a number of dundalk players playing for pats next season?
    If so which ones would you prefer?
    You'd have to assume O'Donnell would have first choice on those not staying in oriel.
    Depends on how many Dundalk release. Benson and Kelly were the two we had this season. Benson was erratic performance wise but in general he was one of our better players. Kelly was hugely disappointing, 3 goals all against Finn Harps is a poor return for a very hyped player.

What I don't want is for us to become a retirement home for Dundalk players to pick up their wages. I don't want to see Massey, Rogers and to a lessor extent Gartland in Richmond next season. I wouldn't say no to any of their other center backs however and Gannon would also be welcomed. Would like Dan Kelly also, we've were lacking in pace up front this season.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post

What I don't want is for us to become a retirement home for Dundalk players to pick up their wages. I don't want to see Massey, Rogers and to a lessor extent Gartland in Richmond next season. I wouldn't say no to any of their other center backs however and Gannon would also be welcomed. Would like Dan Kelly also, we've were lacking in pace up front this season.
    Exactly. Definitely don’t want to see Rogers or Garland. In fact if we let Clarke go and were to end up with Rogers ( not saying we necessarily will) then SOD should have some questions to answer.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    The most frequently mentioned name I've seen linked to us from Dundalk is Mountney. Good player but would strike me as what's become a bit of a typical Pats signing down the years that ends up being uninspiring.

Daniel Kelly I'd welcome, our forward line was the weakest part of our side this season, particularly pace as was mentioned above and he'd offer that. Not sure who else would be available but Dundalk can keep Georgie Kelly.

Actually thought Benson was one of our best performers this season, might not be saying much granted but I think any inconsistencies were mostly a product of the side's inability to take chances. A better striker and he has at least 4 or 5 more assists to his name and is probably being viewed as a big success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    https://www.finnharps.ie/post/mark-t...turns-for-2021

Mark Timlin back at Harps for 2021. As good as a new signing for us, provided he's over the worst of his injury problems. Cracking player on his day.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    He seemed to be played out of position fairly regularly. He's most effective at centre half. Bit lost elsewhere but can fill a hole at left back
    He played mostly at centre-back. After sitting on bench for most of the resumption he came off the bench in the 1st half in our win against Sligo and played well at right back. Then he got back into starting XI for the next game at centre back against Derry and had a nightmare which may have sealed his fate. Seems a good lad didn't work out for him and another shot in the Premier back at Harps or Longford would be a good move for him
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Michael Barker, Glen McAuley, John-Ross Wilson, JJ Lunney, Michael O'Connor & Ally Gilchrist all announced by shels. If they don’t get promoted next season it would be a disaster for the club financially you’d imagine given the wages they must be paying players that would definitely have offers in the premier division. Also on a side note, Ian Morris must’ve liked the pats teams from 2017-19, given he’s got about 8 of them now haha
    Last edited by 2 Year Contract; 04/12/2020 at 4:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    341 Posts
    Galway and Shels making some big moves in the First division, Cork might face an uphill struggle to get straight back up.....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Michael Barker, Glen McAuley, John-Ross Wilson, JJ Lunney, Michael O'Connor & Ally Gilchrist all announced by shels. If they don’t get promoted next season it would be a disaster for the club financially you’d imagine given the wages they must be paying players that would definitely have offers in the premier division. Also on a side note, Ian Morris must’ve liked the pats teams from 2017-19, given he’s got about 8 of them now haha
    O'Connor is one of those players that could go either way for Shels, bags of potential and will be a real goal threat in first division but his temperament is terrible lost count of the absolutely stupid & pointless fouls and scuffles he got involved in in his time at Harps
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    341 Posts
    Gerardo Bruna ,Peter Cherrie and Aly Gilchrist all departed Derry, alot of new players coming to the Brandywell next season .....

Will Seymore left Sligo aswell.
    Last edited by joey B; 04/12/2020 at 10:10 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Gerardo Bruna ,Peter Cherrie and Aly Gilchrist all departed Derry, alot of new players coming to the Brandywell next season .....
    A lot more than that have all but departed, if not yet announced.

23. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Will Seymore left Sligo aswell.
    He wanted to sign back but wasnt offered a contract. Cawley new contract and Morahan (prob POTY) there too. Creative midfielder is badly needed.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast