Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season , Arrivals and departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    A bit like Rovers signing Gannon and Hoare then, who didn’t particularly want to leave.
    That was probably more to do with contract length offer than $$$, quite insulting to Gannon if he was only offered a one year deal, heard it was since upped, but too late, so DFC can have no complaints on that given how he was treated. Mad Bill does seem to be sticking to short term deals for most though, although it would appear they are willing to make an exception with Duffy.

To touch on a point by sbgawa, P6 def have the resources, and maybe that's a reason why they are not interested in giving out longer deals, to cash in on 'sell ons', as they don't need to. However that strategy leaves them wide open for players to leave for rivals, and already Leahy falls into that bracket end of next season.

This is their view not mine btw, I would think 2 year deals should have been the order of the day, but its not me paying the bills.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lofty9 View Post
    Agent Spin. You naive enough to believe that rag ?
    Are you saying they made up the quotes? Why hasn't Duffy come out and said he was falsely quoted?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Duffy set to re-sign with Dundalk then..,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Irish Star reporting Duffy will sign back with Dundalk.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Are you saying they made up the quotes? Why hasn't Duffy come out and said he was falsely quoted?

Duffy im sure did say he wanted to test himself in England, the agent spin would be that he had interest from several clubs.
    A scout turning up and going away unimpressed is reason enough for an agent to aledge interest if it pushes another club to step up.
    feeding the press is just doing their jobs.
    It does show the lack of respect for our league in the UK though when one of the best players in the league who i would like to see at Rovers doesn't get a decent offer from the UK.
    We need Sean MAguire to kick on and Danny Grant to do well as well as a few more like them to give the UK clubs interest in us again

On the other hand Jack Byrne moving to Cyprus to play in a team that has made group stages in Europe in 7 of the last 10 years is derided by the bar stoolers.
    When you look at the likes of Sancho and other young English players going to mainland Europe hopefully Jack lights it up in cyprus and other European clubs realise we arent a kick and rush league anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Duffy im sure did say he wanted to test himself in England, the agent spin would be that he had interest from several clubs.
    A scout turning up and going away unimpressed is reason enough for an agent to aledge interest if it pushes another club to step up.
    feeding the press is just doing their jobs.
    It does show the lack of respect for our league in the UK though when one of the best players in the league who i would like to see at Rovers doesn't get a decent offer from the UK.
    We need Sean MAguire to kick on and Danny Grant to do well as well as a few more like them to give the UK clubs interest in us again

On the other hand Jack Byrne moving to Cyprus to play in a team that has made group stages in Europe in 7 of the last 10 years is derided by the bar stoolers.
    When you look at the likes of Sancho and other young English players going to mainland Europe hopefully Jack lights it up in cyprus and other European clubs realise we arent a kick and rush league anymore
    Anyone that laughs at Jack Byrnes move hasn’t a clue about football. The barstool brigade love the premier league not football, I know that doesn’t always apply but for the majority it’s true. It’s a good move for the chap and it’s refreshing to see a Irish player go down that route.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Anyone that laughs at Jack Byrnes move hasn’t a clue about football. The barstool brigade love the premier league not football, I know that doesn’t always apply but for the majority it’s true. It’s a good move for the chap and it’s refreshing to see a Irish player go down that route.
    That's a very good point, I don't actually follow any English side, and used to enjoy watching MOTD, then about 5 years ago I said to myself, why am I watching this when I have no interest on who wins and loses, haven't watched it since. Much prefer goal updates from Championship, and to keep an eye on other euro leagues.

Cyprus is a more than decent standard and this is a fantastic career move in my view for Jack B, 10k a week if correct, superb climate, yes please. Best of luck to him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    That's a very good point, I don't actually follow any English side, and used to enjoy watching MOTD, then about 5 years ago I said to myself, why am I watching this when I have no interest on who wins and loses, haven't watched it since. Much prefer goal updates from Championship, and to keep an eye on other euro leagues.

Cyprus is a more than decent standard and this is a fantastic career move in my view for Jack B, 10k a week if correct, superb climate, yes please. Best of luck to him.
    Gave up on the premiership twenty years ago but have since added Hartlepool United to Pats as a cross to bear in life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Why Hartlepool? Watford and Brentford my soft spots, both have climbed since ;p

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    The only English team I support is TNS.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Byrne confirms his leaving Rovers and thanks his Mam too - bless!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Ever since we signed mandriou the writing was on the wall. Hopefully bradser can improve him the way he did Byrne

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Why Hartlepool? Watford and Brentford my soft spots, both have climbed since ;p
    A good friend of mine introduced me and others , his brother in law is from there. It’s not the prettiest town in the world but lots of good people in that neck of the woods.

15. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    That was a bit of bait being thrown out. I believe there was some tentative approaches from England but both playing level and finances on offer were below what was wanted / expected.

There was very solid interest from Derry and a two year deal on offer all but officially; they were Duffy’s preferred LOI option if the finances were right but Derry can’t or won’t come close to Dundalk.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Excellent quote. I've been to a handful of Leeds matches (pre-Bielsa) and keep an eye on their results, wouldn't consider myself a supporter really just enjoy the day out with my pal who goes over often, but I get called a band wagoner now from my die-hard Liverpool/Man United mates who have been to far less games of their 'beloved' team than I have Leeds matches. Also being told by them that Bielsa isn't actually that good of a manager because if he was Leeds would be higher than 12th is another snippet into how little they know about football whilst also being much more consumed by the EPL product.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boynemunich View Post
    Excellent quote. I've been to a handful of Leeds matches (pre-Bielsa) and keep an eye on their results, wouldn't consider myself a supporter really just enjoy the day out with my pal who goes over often, but I get called a band wagoner now from my die-hard Liverpool/Man United mates who have been to far less games of their 'beloved' team than I have Leeds matches. Also being told by them that Bielsa isn't actually that good of a manager because if he was Leeds would be higher than 12th is another snippet into how little they know about football whilst also being much more consumed by the EPL product.
    Ah the irony, the barstooler brigade excuse for not going to see Dundalk in recent years was that they didnt want to be called band wagoners - changed from just deriding Dundalk FC is progress I suppose!

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Duffy set to re-sign with Dundalk then..,
    Confirmed.

But, But, But he was going abroad and not signing with a LOI club wasn’t he.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Some silly season rumors on LOI Facebook of a South Korean lad joining Dundalk? Out of left-field, could be a load of nothing. Interesting all the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Some silly season rumors on LOI Facebook of a South Korean lad joining Dundalk? Out of left-field, could be a load of nothing. Interesting all the same.
    Apparently the story came from a reliable Asia football journalist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    Apparently the story came from a reliable Asia football journalist.
    No seoul them lads.

24. Thanks From:

Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast