Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterford Complaint

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Yeah he's not selling....he's just looking for buyers He has reasons for needing to get out but he should never have bought it in the first place. I really think he'd be lucky to get 50 to 100 grand. The absolute nonsense in the prospectus quoted in the article is clearly rubbish he's being filled with by a couple of poxes on the club who have dragged us lower and lower the last three years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Feel a bit sorry for Waterford fans.

THEN I REMEMBER all the crap yous have fcuked over us down through the years - so LOL

But yeah. best wishes Waterforf-dy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Yeahhh because the club was the reason for screwing Dundalk over, sure lad, sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Feel a bit sorry for Waterford fans.

THEN I REMEMBER all the crap yous have fcuked over us down through the years - so LOL

But yeah. best wishes Waterforf-dy
    Ah in fairness, the only slightly annoying complaint by Waterford about Dundalk was on Michael Rafter's registration for the 2012 relegation play-off. A desperate act that was found out was set in motion by John Delaney who had all the players' registrations and Dundalk licensing application scrutinised to look for a way to overturn the result. The promotion play-off won against Waterford prior to that was meaningless because of restructuring the league and can only be be blamed on Galway United and their fancy DVD. The relegation play-off before that one was the Jeff McNamara show, a player signed days before the games strictly on amateur terms and scored a couple.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/wat...-fails-1.72198 The last paragraph in this article is a bit random!

Even if Waterford have done a spot of complaining over the years, tried to get results overturned off the pitch, thought they could ignore UEFA rules with friends in high places, Dundalk fans more than most should be able to empathise with Waterford fans when owners turn a club in to a circus, and when you think things are bad they get worse. Its horrible when your clubs future is on the line.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 24/06/2022 at 9:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Is there any chance John Delaney could buy the club?

He's from around those parts, and probably has a bit of money...

(Not a serious suggestion btw. Unless....)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post

Id imagine he is living somewhere hot to acclimatise himself for the future.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts

He would be that brazen!! It would be the ultimate 2 fingers to those who wanted him out of the Irish game and I'm not sure if there is any real impediment to him buying the club - do we have a fit and proper owner regulation or whatever its called like in England. He has not been charged for any criminal activity, the office of corporate enforcement investigation just seems to have disappeared over deciding what emails are privileged or not despite numerous deadlines set by the judge that he seems to have just ignored. I suppose they could refuse Waterford a license but on what grounds. Unless part of his pay to go away deal includes a clause by the FAI where he has agreed not to try and get back in to football here but that can be challenged and he still has plenty of cronies that would row in behind him (hoping that he might start giving out free booze and someone else's money. Probably says more about me but If I were him i'd consider it, I wouldnt have the neck, but in some way it would make for another interesting episode in League of Ireland. As a chairman he'd sit on various committees and it would give him the in to get his buddies together and go all wrecking ball. It would be the stuff of a major Hollywood blockbuster.....

Just as JD was mentioned, Im sure most have read Champagne Football by now. There are no shortage of incidents that are unbelievable and annoy, but the bit that summed the character of the man was when Ryle Nugent as head of RTE Sport asked about newstalk getting an exclusive on the RoI manager and Delaney patted him on the head saying 'you just dont understand the business'. Nugent walked away and my opinion on him went up a few notches as most would probably have clattered Delaney and we know how much he loves a trip to the courts. Not really sure why but that dismissive and patronising gesture annoyed me as much as anything in the book and I have no particular liking of Nugent. There should probably be a thread on the best and worst bits of the book as itd be interestig to see the different takes fans of different clubs would have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Id imagine he is living somewhere hot to acclimatise himself for the future.
    I dont get it lol. He's in a flatshare in London reportedly, working as a consultant for an engineering firm that deals in health stuff so claimed he was a key player in the NHS response to the covid pandemic?? He also borrowed €200k from Delay Ltd charged at 2.25% and where he is the only director so he must have missed the whole scamming of money from the people so he has resorted to robbing himself.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I assume there's a tax benefit if he gets money that way.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I dont get it lol.
    I'd speculate that the warm future alluded to is hell.

12. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Considering Noel Mooney is head of the Welsh FA wonder would JD be cheeky enough to join him on the Welsh FA or did they ever get on does anyone know?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SPXcyan View Post
    Yeahhh because the club was the reason for screwing Dundalk over, sure lad, sure.
    SPX - Dude,i was fishing for a response - sorry. Sent the same message out on my Twitter and hooked plenty.
    More serious note re the valuation of the club(Waterford FC) at slightly north of 1million euro?? CRAZY

Ah in fairness, the only slightly annoying complaint by Waterford about Dundalk was on Michael Rafter's registration for the 2012 relegation play-off. A desperate act that was found out was set in motion by John Delaney who had all the players' registrations and Dundalk licensing application scrutinised to look for a way to overturn the result. The promotion play-off won against Waterford prior to that was meaningless because of restructuring the league and can only be be blamed on Galway United and their fancy DVD. The relegation play-off before that one was the Jeff McNamara show, a player signed days before the games strictly on amateur terms and scored a couple.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/wat...-fails-1.72198 The last paragraph in this article is a bit random!

Even if Waterford have done a spot of complaining over the years, tried to get results overturned off the pitch, thought they could ignore UEFA rules with friends in high places, Dundalk fans more than most should be able to empathise with Waterford fans when owners turn a club in to a circus, and when you think things are bad they get worse. Its horrible when your clubs future is on the line.
    100% agree with you Nesta,
    Last edited by ToberonaTornado; 26/06/2022 at 1:46 AM.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Considering Noel Mooney is head of the Welsh FA wonder would JD be cheeky enough to join him on the Welsh FA or did they ever get on does anyone know?
    Mooney seems a nice enough fella but he's a political beast as well. I'd be absolutely shocked if he allowed any Delaney-stink anywhere near hia vehicle of ambition.

16. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    He would be that brazen!! It would be the ultimate 2 fingers to those who wanted him out of the Irish game and I'm not sure if there is any real impediment to him buying the club
    Just the small matter of him being feckin' skint

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    I assume there's a tax benefit if he gets money that way.
    Of course there is. If the company has that kind of mponey sitting in it, the only other way he'd be able to get it out would be as salary or dividends - both of which would attract tax. So he can take it as a loan instead, and get the full value of the €200k, rather than whatever would be left after tax took its chunk. Plus it probably keeps him in a lower tax bracket too to take it as a loan (at a derisory interest rate).

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Just the small matter of him being feckin' skint
    Not a problem if he was allowed to relocate the club eg to the Isle of Man or Cayman Islands, I'd say.

("If you can't move the Mountain of Cash to Mohammed, move Mohammed to the Mountain of Cash", as it were)

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Of course there is. If the company has that kind of mponey sitting in it, the only other way he'd be able to get it out would be as salary or dividends - both of which would attract tax. So he can take it as a loan instead, and get the full value of the €200k, rather than whatever would be left after tax took its chunk. Plus it probably keeps him in a lower tax bracket too to take it as a loan (at a derisory interest rate).
    That's what I was assuming. If he gets the loan written off at some point would he attract any liability then?
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Not a problem if he was allowed to relocate the club eg to the Isle of Man or Cayman Islands, I'd say.

("If you can't move the Mountain of Cash to Mohammed, move Mohammed to the Mountain of Cash", as it were)
    You still can't buy and move a club if you don't have the cash to buy it

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    That's what I was assuming. If he gets the loan written off at some point would he attract any liability then?
    Would be tricky if he's the sole or majority shateholder/has a controlling interest in the company.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/...medium=twitter

Interesting article on Waterford’s “valuation “

This is definitely the funniest though:
    If sought-after players emerge from “one of the best academies in Ireland” and through its development of “an academy relationship with Blackburn Rovers” – by the by, Blackburn Rovers told The Pitch that "there is no partnership or agreement in place with Waterford.”

Some spoofing from your man…
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

26. Thanks From:

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast