Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Promotion/Relegation Playoff: Shelbourne Vs Longford Town 15 Nov 2020

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Well done Longford - makes that 121st minute screamer all the more annoying now...

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Congrats to Longford, delighted for them. One of the more likeable sides across the league for me.

What is Luke Byrne playing at with all these red cards? Is that 3 for the season?

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    If I wasn't fookin ecstatic I'd be giving out about the pair of them. Jesus they were bad. But we won so I don't really care. Hon the Town a great little club.
    If you asked me a month ago I would ave said no we arent going up but Im delighted for Daire Doyle as he got a superb team spirit. We have being superb the last three games!Great to see the Section O flag in one of the apts there. I believe there was a bit of cheekiness and bribery involved with owner/vacant owner with drink involved!

Wot a season 4 us. hopefully COVID restrictions would be relaxed fully once season starts later next year but I doubt it!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    If I wasn't fookin ecstatic I'd be giving out about the pair of them. Jesus they were bad. But we won so I don't really care. Hon the Town a great little club.
    Im sick of the PC nonsense she isn’t a sports commentator end of story. It’s torture listening to her drivel. In the second half she says “It’s last chance saloon for both sides” only 76 minutes were gone in the game.

8. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Yes that was particularly nonsensical. We were winning, and there was extra time if Shels managed to get one anyway.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Congrats and well done to Longford.

11. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Well done Longford, hopefully I'll get a trip to the midlands in 2021
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

13. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Congratulations to Longford Town on a great acheivement. Looked like it had all slipped away not so long ago. Great credit to all the people there. Love to go there and you will always get a smile and a welcome.

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I wasn't that pushed who was gonna get relegated, but after the appalling attitude of the shels players in the last Rovers game, I'm delighted they got relegated.
    They have a Brennan in their team so what else were people expecting I suppose.
    Morris is dying on his arێ in that job- he needs to clear out the geriatric deadwood and start from scratch in Division 1. It's gonna be super competitive in that league next year, that's for sure.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Well done Longford. Lot of soul searching for Shels, the temptation is really there now to pick up big earners players that will be released by Shels. Considering how few strikers about, Kilduff is possibly worth taking a punt on St Pats?

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Buck stops with Morris at Shels really. Signed a lot of ageing has-beens and didn't invest their money wisely. Squad wasn't up for the fight at the tail end of the season (bar perhaps Luke Byrne, who was up for all sorts of fights).

Good to see another provincial club in the Premier and another handy trip down the road for Harps, even if Longford to Ballybofey seems like the outer reaches of Mongolia to their supporters.

Disappointed not to have got to Tolka this year all the same!
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

21. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Well done Longford, that's a huge achievement.

New regime at Shels and the same clueless mess on and off the pitch, heartbreaking as 12 months ago it looked like the club was getting it's act together. We won't come anywhere near going straight back up next season, back to the misery of 2015 to 2017 muddling around the lower half of the table
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Well done Longford. Lot of soul searching for Shels, the temptation is really there now to pick up big earners players that will be released by Shels. Considering how few strikers about, Kilduff is possibly worth taking a punt on St Pats?
    He was rubbish with us in 2015, I don't think he'd be any better for us now.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    He was awful today. His legs are gone.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    I wasn't that pushed who was gonna get relegated, but after the appalling attitude of the shels players in the last Rovers game, I'm delighted they got relegated.
    They have a Brennan in their team so what else were people expecting I suppose.
    Morris is dying on his arێ in that job- he needs to clear out the geriatric deadwood and start from scratch in Division 1. It's gonna be super competitive in that league next year, that's for sure.
    Morris will be lucky to keep the job,the most damning thing you could say about Shelbourne is that I'd say 4 or 5 players looked overweight there today ,its unforgivable and Longford not only passed the ball better but they looked in far better shape .....
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

27. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Kilduff is finished, wouldn't be good enough get his game with St. Pats CYFC in the LSL. Don't even get me started on what level Sheppard would cut it at now

Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Buck stops with Morris at Shels really. Signed a lot of ageing has-beens and didn't invest their money wisely. Squad wasn't up for the fight at the tail end of the season (bar perhaps Luke Byrne, who was up for all sorts of fights).
    Morris didn't sign these crap players so you cannot exclusively blame him, he certainly takes the blame for the crap hoofball and promising young players like Kabia and Farrell wasting a year of their young careers
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post

Good to see another provincial club in the Premier and another handy trip down the road for Harps, even if Longford to Ballybofey seems like the outer reaches of Mongolia to their supporters.

Disappointed not to have got to Tolka this year all the same!
    When Luke Byrne left Bohs I was disappointed as I was convinced he’d only leave to across the water as he looked a real star in the making. Turns out his 2nd season at Bohs was when he was at his peak. He’s done nothing since and his red card today and relegation is perfect analogy for his once promising career.

Shepard is another one stealing a wage from Shels. Serious discipline issues at that club. Feel sorry for the likes of Dan Byrne and Oscar Brennan playing alongside those frauds every week. They wouldn’t be as talented as those two but at least they give everything every week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Shels have been dire to watch all season.
    No loss to the Premier division.
    Longford will be a more pleasant trip next year,
    Longford town v Development A team

31. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    He was rubbish with us in 2015, I don't think he'd be any better for us now.
    He may not be up to it now, but he was no disaster at Dundalk after the spell at Pats - far more effective than Kelly. Thought maybe he could be some foil for wide players to hit, and holding up a ball in to feet. Things that Pats can do, Shels not so much - they always resorted to lumped it in to space for players to run on to who wernt that mobile in the first place and aging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    Shepard is another one stealing a wage from Shels. Serious discipline issues at that club. Feel sorry for the likes of Dan Byrne and Oscar Brennan playing alongside those frauds every week. They wouldn’t be as talented as those two but at least they give everything every week
    Sheppard has been stealing wages for years - he really did maximise the Dundalk - Cork rivalry for his own benefit, big pay increase and endeared himself to fans for it. It would be him surprise to see him going another lap somewhere!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast