Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wales V Republic of Ireland - Sunday, 15th November 2020 - UEFA Nations League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    485 Posts
    Gotta say that international football just isn't enjoyable during Covid. The build up to games consists entirely of finding out which players have tested positive.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Just to say that should you like wading through a good old channel search then the match on Sunday will be free to air live on S4C (in Welsh) at 5pm if anyone has a dish and box for free uk channels on the auld Astra Satellite.

4. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    so he had contact with a lot of players, how are we gonna get 11 guys to play now?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    https://www.the42.ie/roy-keane-irela...65518-Nov2020/

if only "the chief" would have played against Mount and Winks yesterday at 49 years old

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Presumably there will be some additional call ups for Browne, McCarthy, Arter, Coleman and Egan...

Cullen seems an obvious bet. Right now available centre midfielders are: Hourihane, Hendrick, Molumby, Byrne and maybe Brady and Manning

Fullbacks: Doherty, Christie, again, maybe Brady and Manning. Don’t think there’s anyone else really. You’d be looking at the likes of Sean Gannon, Joe Rafferty, Lee O’Connor on the right, Derrick Williams on the left...

Centre backs: Duffy, Long, O’Shea. Maybe Clark is an option...

9. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Presumably there will be some additional call ups for Browne, McCarthy, Arter, Coleman and Egan...

Cullen seems an obvious bet. Right now available centre midfielders are: Hourihane, Hendrick, Molumby, Byrne and maybe Brady and Manning

Fullbacks: Doherty, Christie, again, maybe Brady and Manning. Don’t think there’s anyone else really. You’d be looking at the likes of Sean Gannon, Joe Rafferty, Lee O’Connor on the right, Derrick Williams on the left...

Why not pull something from left field with so many out and call up Joe Hodge. Obviously hes very young and not a sniff of 1st team but no harm bringing him in to train

11. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post

I thought Hendrick was our best player last night that deep lying position is his best option for us I think. Playing molumby alongside him on Sunday could be interesting. Browne was lost as a ten last night. Like all the rest of our midfielder s he does not have that skillset he is an 8 or maybe a 6 if needed. Brady or Byrne seem to me to be the only players in our squad who have skillset to be the 10. With us so short on front players I think Brady will start in the front 3 so I'd like Byrne as the 10 on Sunday. It also gives us a right and left footer option on set pieces which is a bonus.

I liked idah last night lovely hold up play and that spin on Keane showed his danger in behind. This lad has scored goals at every level so I have no doubts that if we actually start creating a few chances he will score goals.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Irish times are reporting Clark and Lenihan replacing Coleman and Egan (possibly moving O’Shea across to full back in the depth chart). Cullen, Knight and Byrne (sort of) replacing Arter, McCarthy and Browne...

knock on effect is 21s lose Knight again, which means one of Taylor, Mandriou or Connell starting for them I guess. Could also mean that Joe Hodge is called up to the 21s

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Great to see Knight coming in. I think the performance the last night shows us that we need energy in our midfield players- they can set the tone and get us playing with aggression. Keane, Holland and Kinsella under Mick. Brady, Hendrick and McCarthy under O'Neill for a short while.

I think we ought to be pushing Knight and Molumby into our team more consistently. It does not suit us to have someone as passive as Hourihane in there. I know the game was over at this point but when Molumby came in for Hourihane, I just liked the look of how he and Browne drove through the middle.

If we are going to be playing 4-3-3 without a really brilliant lock picker then I feel we need to bring the energy, aggression and drive instead. Knight and Molumby have this in abundance. Stick them in with Hendrick Sunday, please. I would be happy to see Cullen and Byrne too.

15. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    I'm more worried about the forwards. Robinson, Connolly and McGoldrick are better than all options presently available. Even if just one of them was available it would make a big difference. Horgan did fine the last night but O'Dowda was very poor. I feel like Horgan, Idah and Robinson or Connolly would be so much better than what started the other night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Time to Just push on and get this group over with.

At this stage it should be about blooding as many players that could feature as possible. I’ve namechecked Hodge a few times here myself, but I think this would be a step too soon. A season with the 21s would do him the world of good.

While I’ve no issue with him doing it, Didsy retiring abruptly shows that we need to be prepared for these type of scenarios. A group of players potentially are coming to that situation - Randolph, Coleman (although I don’t see him
    Doing it), Long,

I’d like to see one of the other two keepers given a run. I’d like to drop Duffy - been saying it long enough, maybe if I keep saying it it will happen - although with Egan gone that presents a difficulty.

It won’t happen, but I’d really like to see us try a hybrid 343/352- delighted to hear Clark is back in.

——————-Travers
    ——--OShea Lenihan Clark
    Doherty Molumby Hendrick Manning
    —-Horgan— Collins — Curtis

Or the same first 8,
    With Byrne & Brady in behind Idah.

We’ve two games now to prepare for the World Cup qualifiers which we’d always going to be a shot in the dark, where kick in the draw was always going to effect our chances as much as anything. We’re a tier three country that has struggled to beat tier 1, 2, 3 and 4 teams.
    By the end of the next campaign we should have a settled squad, comfortable with a pattern and style of football that plays to our abilities best.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Proluit insano contorquens, insano libertatis.
    Totus, tuus, iminimus, canus, costacurta, baggio, roberto.

19. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Whats going on with James McCarthy is his father still complicated ?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    how is the squad by today?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Noble defence on his players...https://twitter.com/FAIreland
    I say James McCarthy may be back for the last game

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    randolph
    doherty
    long
    duffy
    oshea
    molumby
    hendrick
    brady
    odowda
    idah
    mcclean

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    randolph
    doherty
    long
    duffy
    oshea
    molumby
    hendrick
    brady
    odowda
    idah
    mcclean
    I like the back four.

Would love to see Knight in and Brady moved forward for O'Dowda. Also, if it's a choice between O'Dowda and Horgan from the last night then Horgan for me.

I think McClean is worth starting in a game like today. There's no compelling alternative and he will enjoy annoying the Welsh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    I think Malone was reporting last week that McClean was being rested for the England game to be ready for the Welsh match, so assume he's going to start. His suspension is up right?
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Having erased the horror of Thursday from memory, I'm looking forward to doing a Welsh double this weekend.

Especially on this outrageously busy day of sport.

COYBIG
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast