Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: New Umbro jersey

  1. #1
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    18,972
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    925
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,775
    Thanked in
    2,437 Posts

    New Umbro jersey

    New jersey introduced this morning from the FAI and Umbro, after the deal with New Balance expired: https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/umbr...partner-to-fai

    Have to say, I really do like both jerseys


  2. #2
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    31,732
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,587
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,202
    Thanked in
    1,959 Posts
    Would like to see it on the pitch before passing judgement. Our jerseys have gotten to be far too dark a shade of green for my liking recently. The away jersey is very Italia 90 alright (as the press blurb suggests) but I don't really see it in the home jersey.

  3. Thanks From:


  4. #3
    First Team Fixer82's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ceatharlach
    Posts
    2,347
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    838
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    580
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    I think it's absolute muck. So unimaginative. Like the last few NB jerseys too. Bring back Adidas or O'Neill's!!!!
    The women's home one is slightly better. The away jersey even uses the little boomerang shapes in the jersey, which is obviously a nod to Italia '90, but by a different manufacturer.

    Umbro are generally poor I think. For us, the only jerseys they had that i really liked were the 2009 one (France play-off home jersey) and the Euro 2016 although they managed to get luminous orange in there just to take the sheen off slightly.

    The only saving grace here is that there's no sponsor, although that's nothing to do with UMBRO.
    Last edited by Fixer82; 29/10/2020 at 12:44 PM.
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

  5. #4
    Coach John83's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    7,480
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,274
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    625
    Thanked in
    356 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    I think it's absolute muck. So unimaginative.
    I like the simplicity and the small logos. Lack of a sponsor logo is a massive plus for me too: they've been eyesores on them for years. First Ireland jersey in a while I'd consider buying, though I'd like to see the shade of green in natural light, material, and fit, before I'd buy anything.
    Covid-negative, maybe; I haven't checked.

  6. #5
    Reserves
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    960
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    42
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    265
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    I like the away one a lot. With the home jersey I really wish they'd go back to the brighter shade of green, I feel that's what Ireland jerseys are supposed to look like.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Long Cox

  7. Thanks From:


  8. #6
    Seasoned Pro Razors left peg's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Just Another Emigrant
    Posts
    3,152
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    548
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    479
    Thanked in
    304 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    I like the away one a lot. With the home jersey I really wish they'd go back to the brighter shade of green, I feel that's what Ireland jerseys are supposed to look like.
    The bright shiny green in the 2002 WC is still my favorite. I like this away one and will get it just because of no sponsor

  9. #7
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    163
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    68
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Love the away one and like the home one. Would rather we stick to orange accents than gold but it's still nice. Pre-ordered the away in long sleeve and will probably end up with the home too just to have two jerseys that have no sponsor. I have a feeling this will be our only chance.

  10. Thanks From:


  11. #8
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    31,732
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,587
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,202
    Thanked in
    1,959 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    The bright shiny green in the 2002 WC is still my favorite. I like this away one and will get it just because of no sponsor
    Actually, a foot.ie tournament to decide Ireland's best jersey might be an idea. Like the best goal one.

    I'll have a look at what's out there.

  12. Thanks From:


  13. #9
    First Team D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,193
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    119
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    193
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Jaysus nobody in they Umbro design department is going far in the game. It took about ten seconds to create those shirts. They aren’t offensive just plain.

  14. #10
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    619
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    315
    Thanked in
    181 Posts
    I actually the like the home training top more...

  15. #11
    Seasoned Pro Kingdom's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Teeing off
    Posts
    4,238
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,449
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    697
    Thanked in
    416 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Would like to see it on the pitch before passing judgement. Our jerseys have gotten to be far too dark a shade of green for my liking recently. The away jersey is very Italia 90 alright (as the press blurb suggests) but I don't really see it in the home jersey.
    The away looks smashing.
    some things madden me (not that I dwell on them):
    - Why use goldish brown on the home, but orange on the away?
    - Why are the collars different on the home and away?
    - Why, oh why, do we persist in having two different tones of green on the jerseys (sleeves deeper green to the torso)?

    Saving grace is sponsorless - even if this is only a bi-product of not having a main sponsor.
    That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age

  16. #12
    First Team D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,193
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    119
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    193
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    The COYBIG shirt is nicer IMO , the lack of a sponsor on the new one is a big plus.

  17. Thanks From:


  18. #13
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    163
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    68
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    The YBIG one is just an Adidas teamwear template sold at a premium and it's also a poor shade of green. It's not great at all.

  19. #14
    First Team Fixer82's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ceatharlach
    Posts
    2,347
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    838
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    580
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColourfulPeanut View Post
    The YBIG one is just an Adidas teamwear template sold at a premium and it's also a poor shade of green. It's not great at all.
    And yet, still better than this tired effort
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

  20. #15
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    204
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    64
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Opinions are like we all know what... and never truer when it comes to new football kit releases. I think the YBIG is awful and I am very fond of the official kits, home in particular. Sponsorless not by design but so glad that is the case as well.

  21. #16
    First Team Fixer82's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ceatharlach
    Posts
    2,347
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    838
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    580
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    Opinions are like we all know what... and never truer when it comes to new football kit releases. I think the YBIG is awful and I am very fond of the official kits, home in particular. Sponsorless not by design but so glad that is the case as well.
    The lack of sponsor is the only saving Grace for me.
    Also disappointed with the use of gold. Our flag is green, white and orange.

    it looks like something Penney’s knock together when we qualify for something
    Last edited by Fixer82; 31/10/2020 at 9:56 AM.
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

  22. #17
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    31,732
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,587
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,202
    Thanked in
    1,959 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Actually, a foot.ie tournament to decide Ireland's best jersey might be an idea. Like the best goal one.

    I'll have a look at what's out there.
    So I've found a site listing the jerseys of the last couple of decades. I'd say the last 24 kits would go back to the late 70s/early 80s (which is when the kits started changing regularly) It'd be home jerseys only - I think away jerseys would deserve a separate competition.

    Could maybe get it up and running for next weekend once I get decent photos. I don't know if the three thanks on the original post indicates enough interest? Though I think the "Best goal" thread got legs as it went along.

  23. Thanks From:


  24. #18
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    619
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    315
    Thanked in
    181 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    So I've found a site listing the jerseys of the last couple of decades. I'd say the last 24 kits would go back to the late 70s/early 80s (which is when the kits started changing regularly) It'd be home jerseys only - I think away jerseys would deserve a separate competition.

    Could maybe get it up and running for next weekend once I get decent photos. I don't know if the three thanks on the original post indicates enough interest? Though I think the "Best goal" thread got legs as it went along.
    Go for it. If I could work out how to thank on my phone I would

  25. #19
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    18,972
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    925
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,775
    Thanked in
    2,437 Posts
    Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, tap the "Full Site" link, then scroll back up to the post.
    Scroll back down after hitting thanks, and tap the drop down menu to select the mobile skin

  26. Thanks From:


  27. #20
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    14,894
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,649
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,675
    Thanked in
    1,825 Posts
    The new brighter colour shirt is an improvement but looks much better on the female footballer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Umbro Cup?
    By Kildare Lad in forum Schoolboys
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23/10/2007, 8:01 PM
  2. FAI Junior Cup and Umbro
    By PiltownAFC in forum Junior League
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12/06/2007, 10:36 PM
  3. Ireland jersey - Umbro factory
    By joema in forum Fans Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09/03/2006, 10:01 AM
  4. Galway United umbro jersey
    By Terry in forum Galway United
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21/01/2005, 10:42 PM
  5. On UMBRO.com
    By jofyisgod in forum Ireland
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07/09/2004, 1:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •