Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan Ferguson F Brighton b.2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,336 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    I’d be interested to know the minutes on pitch comparison as opposed to appearances.
    According to premierleague.com - https://www.premierleague.com/stats/...rs/mins_played - Ferguson has played 1179 minutes in total
    Robbie Keane scored his 10th goal in his 18th game. He was substituted in his first premier league game, against Derby in August 1999, after playing 84 minutes, then played every minute of every game until his 24th game, when he was substituted at half time against Villa in March 2000. If we assume that each full game was 90 minutes, that's 84 minutes + (90 minutes * 17 full games) = 84 + 1530 = 1614 minutes
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 03/09/2023 at 12:37 AM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Cheers. I’d a feeling that Ferguson had got there with less minutes. He’s a quality player! Feels weird having something to be so positive about.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,102 Posts
    He's not 19 until 19 October. Let's see what he can score between now and then.

It is a bit bizarre to see that he's scored 4 in 4 games. Obviously the hat trick skews the ratio but nobody at Brighton will say the goals should be weighted any differently to one another when they are against such a good side and he is the only scorer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,336 Posts
    I like this stat from the BBC: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66698759
    Only Michael Owen (28), Wayne Rooney (15) and Francis Jeffers (12) scored more Premier League goals before their 19th birthday than Ferguson
    Owen's record is out of reach for him, and probably Rooney's too, but he could pass Jeffers before turning 19 in October

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    903 Posts
    Six weeks to his birthday... even allowing for the international break, with a bit of wishful thinking you wouldn't bet against him catching up with Rooney. Michael Owen, though - phenomenal. Possibly a rarer talent than once in a generation.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Grise View Post
    Six weeks to his birthday... even allowing for the international break, with a bit of wishful thinking you wouldn't bet against him catching up with Rooney. Michael Owen, though - phenomenal. Possibly a rarer talent than once in a generation.
    He is very likely to be the best striker we have ever produced - so it would be once in a hundred years type of player. I am looking forward to the day he beats the goalscoring record of that p*ick Robbie Keane.

7. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts
    You have to remember that Owen, Fowler and Jeffers goalscoring totals were set when the Premier League was basically the best of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales with a smattering of players from further afield thrown in. Even Rooney's, a few years later, were scored when the league was of a significantly lower overall quality than it is now, at best on a par with the other big European leagues and almost certainly behind La Liga.

In that context what Ferguson is achieving is pretty much unprecedented. OK Luton are rubbish, but many of his goals are being scored against some of the best club teams in Europe - he has scored or assisted five goals against Liverpool, Arsenal and Newcastle already.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
    that p*ick Robbie Keane.
    Harsh.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,336 Posts
    Read this stat on football365, did some digging to confirm it
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

13. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,712 Posts
    He actually should have scored against west Ham! The ball sat up perfectly for him, he caught it well but hit it straight into the middle of the goal, straight at the keeper.
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 04/09/2023 at 2:23 PM.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Read this stat on football365, did some digging to confirm it
    Is an Evan Ferguson stat really a stat unless you get it in there that he is 18?

Most shots on target by an 18 year old in Europe's top leagues.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Fer fupp sake. He's out injured for the two games coming up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    732 Posts
    Honestly, the injury is less frustrating than the panicked suggestions online that he's pulled out because he's switching to England. Which he couldn't even if he wanted to. Rice and Grealish really did a number on us.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Honestly, the injury is less frustrating than the panicked suggestions online that he's pulled out because he's switching to England. Which he couldn't even if he wanted to. Rice and Grealish really did a number on us.
    Agreed. There is definitely an attempt at humour in many of those suggestions and the media covering those suggestions (click bait sites) or responding to them (Dan McD) doesn't help.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,102 Posts
    Fair to say that Shearer is sold.

https://theathletic.com/4844865/2023...evan-ferguson/

Evan Ferguson is red hot. He has four goals in as many games for Brighton this season, the big clubs are already circling, and his manager, Roberto De Zerbi, is predicting the Irishman can go on to “become the top scorer in Europe”. Yet none of it feels like hyperbole.

Steer clear of injuries on the pitch and knobheads off it and the world lies at those lethal feet of his. Yeah, I like what I see.

Scratch that, I love it.

I can’t say I relished his destruction of Newcastle United, my team, the other weekend, except in terms of centre-forward artistry as Ferguson plundered and pestered his way to becoming only the fourth 18-year-old to score a hat-trick in the Premier League era.

Left foot, right foot, headers, pace, aggression, intuition; there is no obvious weakness to his game, which is only going to get better and better. He has the lot.

I’d never seek to pile pressure onto a young player’s shoulders, but then you watch Ferguson play and can’t help yourself. At his age, all manner of things could happen to alter the pathway of his life and career and I’ve never met Evan, so can’t judge his mentality or attitude, but I’ve studied his performances and he has the potential to be massive. We’re talking about a very special talent, someone who could be a superstar within a couple of years.

What do I love about him? Everything.

I love how he can bully defenders. I love his positioning, I love how he’s always asking different questions of the centre-half, either going up against him or, as he did against Newcastle, dropping in short, getting the ball to feet and turning. I love his movement in the box. Perhaps most of all, I love the purity and ferocity of his hunger; how much he craves goals.

20. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Fair to say that Shearer is sold.

https://theathletic.com/4844865/2023...evan-ferguson/

Evan Ferguson is red hot. He has four goals in as many games for Brighton this season, the big clubs are already circling, and his manager, Roberto De Zerbi, is predicting the Irishman can go on to “become the top scorer in Europe”. Yet none of it feels like hyperbole.

Steer clear of injuries on the pitch and knobheads off it and the world lies at those lethal feet of his. Yeah, I like what I see.

Scratch that, I love it.

I can’t say I relished his destruction of Newcastle United, my team, the other weekend, except in terms of centre-forward artistry as Ferguson plundered and pestered his way to becoming only the fourth 18-year-old to score a hat-trick in the Premier League era.

Left foot, right foot, headers, pace, aggression, intuition; there is no obvious weakness to his game, which is only going to get better and better. He has the lot.

I’d never seek to pile pressure onto a young player’s shoulders, but then you watch Ferguson play and can’t help yourself. At his age, all manner of things could happen to alter the pathway of his life and career and I’ve never met Evan, so can’t judge his mentality or attitude, but I’ve studied his performances and he has the potential to be massive. We’re talking about a very special talent, someone who could be a superstar within a couple of years.

What do I love about him? Everything.

I love how he can bully defenders. I love his positioning, I love how he’s always asking different questions of the centre-half, either going up against him or, as he did against Newcastle, dropping in short, getting the ball to feet and turning. I love his movement in the box. Perhaps most of all, I love the purity and ferocity of his hunger; how much he craves goals.
    This is quite funny:

I’m not sure how to write this next bit without sounding like a wanker… but as I watched Ferguson against Newcastle, I caught myself thinking, ‘Yeah, I recognise that’ or, ‘Hmm, I may have seen some of that before’. I don’t know whether it was his exuberance or confidence, the touch of arrogance, but that little strut, the way he handled himself, was very reminiscent of how I felt at that age. Goals were my drug and we share the addiction.

22. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    He's right. Ferguson does have a bit of Shearer about him, playing wise.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    570 Posts
    Take care ~ Neil Lennon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,336 Posts
    His introduction at the weekend was his 25th Premier League appearance, the second youngest Irish player to reach 25 appearances

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,359 Posts
    Not in the squad tonight.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast