Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan Ferguson F Brighton b.2004

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Maupay moves onto Everton. More room now for Evan to get some genuine game time this season. He turns 18 in less than 2 months.

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Would now make him third choice unless they bring in someone this week. Don't think Andone has a future and gets moved on when his contract is up this season and Undav would be second choice behind Welbeck.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Would be amazed if Brighton don't bring in another forward now. Theyre short and Welbeck is injury prone. They won't bank on an untested 17/18 year old to get them through a premier league season.

5. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    A goal and an assist tonight in FA trophy vs Gillingham. Lost 3-2 though. His heading has been very impressive lately! He does seem to be a promising prospect. Highlights here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc1e33ZJYXs

18 in two weeks, I would hope that he continues to push on and start clocking up senior minutes now be it at Brighton or on loan in January
    Last edited by tommy_c12000; 05/10/2022 at 3:30 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Doubt Brighton will let him leave the club in January unless the new lad is given money and brings in another CF. Think they've only got three out and out CFs in the squad and Ferguson is one of them. Even then they'll more than likely keep him around training alongside the first team.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Of course a loan move is subject to Brighton strengthening their forward line. If he?s getting minimal first exposure he needs to fight for a loan move a la Bazunu, not Caoimhin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Nominated for PL2 Player of the Month for September
    https://www.premierleague.com/news/2837871
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Extension to 2026 with Brighton. Green shoots lads and long may they sprout, surely someday one of them will come to something

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...s-new-contract
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    On the bench for Brighton's EFL Cup game at Arsenal tonight, as is Andy Moran.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    If he scores in either game this month, he'll break Robbie Keane's record for youngest senior goalscorer for the national team
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

13. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    If he scores in either game this month, he'll break Robbie Keane's record for youngest senior goalscorer for the national team
    He must surely get a run v malta?
    Everyone is injured

15. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Nice to give him the opportunity ~ ~ why not ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Especially against Malta. Their head coach resigned last week, and the u21 coach was appointed as interim coach. They're playing Greece on Friday, so one day less to recover too.

18. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Especially against Malta. Their head coach resigned last week, and the u21 coach was appointed as interim coach. They're playing Greece on Friday, so one day less to recover too.
    Opportunity Knocks.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    I think he should start v Malta
    Its a perfect debut opportunity

21. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    I suggested in the Norway/Malta match thread that it could be worth calling him up, but I think it's worth not getting too carried away here either. He's really only where Parrott was at three years ago, and he's progressed much slower than expected in that time.

Kenny has a habit of not putting new players even in the matchday squad, and just calling them up for the experience. That's a possibility with Ferguson too. He's an EPL U23 player in reality at the moment.

I don't mind him getting a bit of a run, but let's just keep expectations in check...

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    I've no idea how good or not he already is. His highlights reel on social media is impressive but that's different to grown up football. But I like the way Wales has fast-tracked their young players into the national team even before their club careers take-off so I'd like to think Ferguson could be given a chance against either team this week. It makes me a bit more disappointed that SK wasn't a bit bolder with the other U21s in this squad.

24. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I've no idea how good or not he already is. His highlights reel on social media is impressive but that's different to grown up football. But I like the way Wales has fast-tracked their young players into the national team even before their club careers take-off so I'd like to think Ferguson could be given a chance against either team this week. It makes me a bit more disappointed that SK wasn't a bit bolder with the other U21s in this squad.

I see that Ethan Ampadu turned 22 in September and has 37 senior caps for Wales. I thought that was a clear indicator of their approach.

26. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I suggested in the Norway/Malta match thread that it could be worth calling him up, but I think it's worth not getting too carried away here either. He's really only where Parrott was at three years ago, and he's progressed much slower than expected in that time.

Kenny has a habit of not putting new players even in the matchday squad, and just calling them up for the experience. That's a possibility with Ferguson too. He's an EPL U23 player in reality at the moment.

I don't mind him getting a bit of a run, but let's just keep expectations in check...
    Before Keane and Hogan pulled out I said his call up would be similar to Ronan back in March that he wouldn't make match day squads. Now though we've only got Ogbene, Obafemi, and Robinson. Still believe a form of 3-4-3 will be used against Malta and if we see O'Dowda replacing one the strikers against Norway I'd stick with my prediction that Ferguson will just train this window.

Hoping for a shocker though and he throws Ferguson in against Malta for a decent run out. Stick him up front with Obafemi and Robinson in behind both players. Won't need three workhorse midfielders against Malta and even try out Smallbone as a partner to Cullen.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Lets have a little Romance.

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast