Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan Ferguson F Brighton b.2004

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    He comes from a footballing family and his dad wouldn't be long bringing him back down to earth if he gets too big for his boots. Brighton fans have nothing to fear about him becoming another Connolly.
    so the problem with Aaron C is that he is a bourgeois? and his familiy is a bit middle class bureaucrat?? is that so? i saw the chants of the Brighton that Aaron C is in the booty business, the problem is that the gorgeous ladies manage him!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    on Ferguson I think he has pace as when he scored vs Arsenal, when fresh his stamina is the key, but he is just 18, he has everything to be the next Frank Stapleton, not tootall not to small, good both feet, a bit of class ,. very mobile thats why I would keep this fellow out of the gym, he doesnt need to bulk up

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    so the problem with Aaron C is that he is a bourgeois? and his familiy is a bit middle class bureaucrat?? is that so? i saw the chants of the Brighton that Aaron C is in the booty business, the problem is that the gorgeous ladies manage him!!!
    Connollys family are really good people from everything Ive heard in Galway.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Burnley, Swansea City, West Brom, Blackburn Rovers, Ipswich and Derby County are the teams mentioned.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I was only thinking this morning that Rodgers' odds of being our next manager must be shortening.

And to add to a post I made yesterday about Idah, Ferguson seems to have that nice knack of being found by an easy enough ball. Idah never seems to.

I wonder if Graham Potter is regretting his move now? BHA's new manager has barely broken stride and they're doing really well.
    While it's definitely true that Ferguson has really laid down an exciting marker right at the start of his EPL career, I think we should still be patient with Idah. In his senior club career, the amount of minutes played has only amounted to about 20 games and he has scored 9 times. I still think that if he can stay injury free with a manager who doesn't believe in just playing one up top, like Farke, then he will develop into a better striker - how good, I'm not sure but there's still plenty of time

But, yes, Ferguson... wow

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    While it's definitely true that Ferguson has really laid down an exciting marker right at the start of his EPL career, I think we should still be patient with Idah. In his senior club career, the amount of minutes played has only amounted to about 20 games and he has scored 9 times. I still think that if he can stay injury free with a manager who doesn't believe in just playing one up top, like Farke, then he will develop into a better striker - how good, I'm not sure but there's still plenty of time

But, yes, Ferguson... wow
    It worries me he's getting "the full Parrott".

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Could Ferguson obefemi and parrot play together in a front 3?
    Evan I guess is strictly a 9

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts
    Not unless we want to get overrun in midfield again - we just don't have the midfielders to allow us to play three forwards. I think, if you go with Ferguson and Obafemi, you have to bench Parrott.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Not unless we want to get overrun in midfield again - we just don't have the midfielders to allow us to play three forwards. I think, if you go with Ferguson and Obafemi, you have to bench Parrott.
    So Cullen and molumby with 2 wing backs ie Doherty and Coleman. Wouldnt work. Your probably right. Drop parrot and throw in Willie smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    It worries me he's getting "the full Parrott".
    Its a bit different I think, the hype thats building around Ferguson is down to what hes actually done on the pitch while Parrott almost became this mythical savior that no one had seen play senior football.

The hype around Ferguson right now is justified because he was genuinely very good the way he led the line for Brighton the other night. He looked dangerous when he got the ball and his movement over all play helped in getting others into good positions too.

I cant see any reason why there should be talk of a loan move for him at this stage. Brighton fans from what I can see online have been crying out for a striker and they are delighted in him from last 2 games. He will get plenty of game time if he stays fit between now and end of season at Brighton.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Could Ferguson obefemi and parrot play together in a front 3?
    Evan I guess is strictly a 9
    Wouldn't say strictly a 9 as Brighton have played him out wide for the U23s and in the EFL cup game this season against Forest Green he played as one of the two supporting the striker in a 3-4-2-1. Scored and assisted in that game but couldn't see him playing anywhere but 9 at the higher level for them until he gets more experienced.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post

The hype around Ferguson right now is justified because he was genuinely very good the way he led the line for Brighton the other night. He looked dangerous when he got the ball and his movement over all play helped in getting others into good positions too.
    Ian Wright was well impressed with him and full of praise. Even said people might call his goal a tap in but that Ferguson made it a tap in with his movement to free up space. And again for the goal he assisted where after he made the pass made a run which had the defenders in two minds on whether to close down Solly March which gave him the extra couple of seconds to get into a better position to score.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Ian Wright was well impressed with him and full of praise. Even said people might call his goal a tap in but that Ferguson made it a tap in with his movement to free up space. And again for the goal he assisted where after he made the pass made a run which had the defenders in two minds on whether to close down Solly March which gave him the extra couple of seconds to get into a better position to score.
    Exactly, it was only a simple tap in because of the little stutter he did to make space.

Theres not too many 18 year olds scoring goals in the Premiership so when one comes along that is ours its very exciting. Im really looking forward to seeing how he goes for the next few weeks

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Exactly JR89. And if it was that easy Idah might have had a few goals for Ireland and several more for Norwich by now.

Was it Connolly who had a chance from a narrow angle in Bratislava that he tried to curl inside the far post? Everyone was screaming that he should have cut it back or squared it but all the replays showed Idah had snookered himself. On Tuesday Ferguson skipped his marker, found space, adjusted his run and hey presto, tap in!

And - I think - the reverse happened at home to Armenia early on. Idah had a great run but couldn’t find a ball for Connolly to run on to.
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 05/01/2023 at 7:07 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Starts again in FA Cup, thought they’d be saving him for the important league game coming up!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts
    Don't think they have too many alternatives - Welbeck isn't fit to start and there seems to be some unexplained issue with Trossard.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Don't think they have too many alternatives - Welbeck isn't fit to start and there seems to be some unexplained issue with Trossard.
    De Zerbi on the absence of Trossard. 'I want more from him - he can work harder, he can run more on the pitch, and I want players who give 100% in every training session and every game. Without these characteristics, then they can’t play with me.'

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Did ok, his pass to March in clip above his highlight. Gave ball away cheaply a couple of times, and lacked a bit of pace when slid through on goal. Welbeck on for him now. Hopefully he will start in league to continue his development

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Super assist against Liverpool. Causing them problems all game. He’s had a couple of half decent chances too. His pressure resulted in the first goal too. Really starting to look the part, he’s had some lovely soft touches and shown quick feet, better than I thought he had in the locker too.

21. Thanks From:

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast