Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 114

Thread: Fixtures 16th-20th October

  1. #41
    First Team The Lilywhites's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Location
    Oriel Park
    Posts
    1,093
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    110
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Dundalk 16 points behind Rovers, and looking at the game tonight you can see why. If they hadn't jammed their way into the EL group stages, we could have been seeing something similar to Cork next year. They need major major surgery on that team to compete again.
    Bohs are bohs, a tough nut to crack and very much deserving of 2nd best team in Ireland. Its just so sweet that Rovers are Ireland's number 1.
    A little bitter about the EL group stage qualification. It shows how much you're hurting over it.

    But yeah, I wouldn't hold out much hope for us going forward. Peak6 have no interest, certainly by the sounds of that interview published today.

    Rovers top after 9 years thanks to Covid. Enjoy it.

  2. #42
    Reserves kksaints's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    284
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    17
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    32
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    The UCD stream is of an excellent quality. Very professional. Mind you I've been impressed with the Wexford stream also so it's very good to see that the First Division clubs have proven well up on the streaming.

    Match was enjoyable also, both teams liked to attack and Mahdy and Whelan for UCD look very promising, how long is left on their scholarships? We could do with one of them.

  3. #43
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    31,444
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,529
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,079
    Thanked in
    1,892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Rovers top after 9 years thanks to Covid. Enjoy it.
    Thanks to covid.

    Jaysus, would you stop. And you accuse placid of being bitter?

  4. Thanks From:


  5. #44
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    31,444
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,529
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,079
    Thanked in
    1,892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    Match was enjoyable also, both teams liked to attack and Mahdy and Whelan for UCD look very promising, how long is left on their scholarships? We could do with one of them.
    Not sure, but this is Whelan's debut season (he's a big part of why Waterford won the U19s last year). Mahdy is in his fourth season and probably is getting close to moving on. He's moved up to ninth in our top scorers list with that brace tonight.

  6. #45
    First Team D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,165
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    116
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    186
    Thanked in
    139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    A little bitter about the EL group stage qualification. It shows how much you're hurting over it.

    But yeah, I wouldn't hold out much hope for us going forward. Peak6 have no interest, certainly by the sounds of that interview published today.

    Rovers top after 9 years thanks to Covid. Enjoy it.
    Begrudger of the year award material that one.

  7. Thanks From:


  8. #46
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    292
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Thought we played okay, but that certain recruitment lad - who it turns out is still deeply involved in that role in Oriel - trying to feed supporters that we rejected a near 100k offer for Dummigan last year. Yeah!!

    I won't comment much more on us because with him involved in recruitment, we're going only one way. Plus it sounds like Peak6 are on their way out. So we're going only one way.

    As for the game, McEleney was particularly poor. We just weren't good enough in the final third. Thought we did okay overall but it was fairly strange from Bohs to play for a draw. They had 1 real shot in the 2nd half and showed zero ambition to win the game considering they're going for the title (in their own heads anyway). They're a fairly average side who nicked a lot of lucky points lately.

    Also, Damien McGraith should have remained as a linesman. He's not a referee.

    Fair result overall.
    Bohs have been aiming for 2nd place for weeks now. Bohs had the best chances and Andre should have scored early on in the 1st half. Considering Bohs played without a recognized centre half in their defence they were well worth the draw.

    It was surprising they sat back in the 2nd half and allowed Dundalk have the ball. Dundalk were there to be taken. Bar a few half chances from Hoban headers Dundalk created very little. Talbot hardly had to make a save all night. Maybe Long wanted the draw as we haven't had one all season!!!

    It will be tough for them to push on again next season, but hopefully Long can work more magic and sign a replacement for Twardek out wide and they can hold on to the younger players like Danny Grant, Devoy and Lyons
    Last edited by wexfordned; 16/10/2020 at 10:12 PM.

  9. #47
    Reserves kksaints's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    284
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    17
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    32
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Not sure, but this is Whelan's debut season (he's a big part of why Waterford won the U19s last year). Mahdy is in his fourth season and probably is getting close to moving on. He's moved up to ninth in our top scorers list with that brace tonight.
    I hope to see Whelan do well, he's from what would be my local club, it would be great to see another Kilkenny player do well in the LOI. The twp of them would be good options for most Premier Divison clubs in the next season or two.

  10. #48
    First Team The Lilywhites's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Location
    Oriel Park
    Posts
    1,093
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    110
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Thanks to covid.

    Jaysus, would you stop. And you accuse placid of being bitter?
    So if Rovers are awarded a title after 14 games, it's a real league? Yeah.

    Same way you probably consider the FD "elite" level and the 5th placed donkeys deserve a shot at the PD. Lol.

  11. #49
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    31,444
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,529
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,079
    Thanked in
    1,892 Posts
    Well your second paragraph is just weird, cos I never said anything about any of that.

    Given that Dundalk are essentially mid-table (about as close to Cork as to Bohs) and Rovers have dropped just four points all season, I think any pretence that this is all because of covid is increasingly pathetic tbh.

  12. #50
    First Team The Lilywhites's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Location
    Oriel Park
    Posts
    1,093
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    110
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Well your second paragraph is just weird, cos I never said anything about any of that.

    Given that Dundalk are essentially mid-table (about as close to Cork as to Bohs) and Rovers have dropped just four points all season, I think any pretence that this is all because of covid is increasingly pathetic tbh.
    Funny fella. Change your avatar to a Rovers crest.

  13. #51
    Coach John83's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    7,377
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,212
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    590
    Thanked in
    329 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Funny fella. Change your avatar to a Rovers crest.
    You should hear what the Rovers fans think of him.
    Covid-negative, maybe; I haven't checked.

  14. #52
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    31,444
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,529
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,079
    Thanked in
    1,892 Posts
    The Lilywhite with his usual complete inability to string together a coherent argument. Good luck to ya.

    Anyways, Galway v Drogheda seems to be refixed for this Tuesday? A win for Galway and things get interesting again, including at the very top as Galway play Bray next week. A win for Drogheda and the play-off composition would be about confirmed. That's if the play-offs go ahead of course. Other leagues cancelled them when covid was similarly bad around May.

  15. #53
    First Team The Lilywhites's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Location
    Oriel Park
    Posts
    1,093
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    110
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Yep, good luck to ya trying to complete your amateur league.

  16. #54
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,456
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,042
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    866
    Thanked in
    579 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Dundalk 16 points behind Rovers, and looking at the game tonight you can see why. If they hadn't jammed their way into the EL group stages, we could have been seeing something similar to Cork next year. They need major major surgery on that team to compete again.
    Bohs are bohs, a tough nut to crack and very much deserving of 2nd best team in Ireland. Its just so sweet that Rovers are Ireland's number 1.
    I can now empathise with Rovers fans over the last 6 or 7 years, but fair play, got the mix of manager and squad right after some comings and goings. We may be in a similar phase but dont know what Cork have to do with anything? Wishful thinking? Im glad yer sweet tastebuds have been returned PC as tbh bitter was really taking over!

  17. #55
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ballybofey
    Posts
    2,026
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    68
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    So if Rovers are awarded a title after 14 games, it's a real league? Yeah.

    Same way you probably consider the FD "elite" level and the 5th placed donkeys deserve a shot at the PD. Lol.
    Rovers will win the league due to game played, they played the same amount of games as Dundalk and every other team. Get over yourself
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

  18. Thanks From:


  19. #56
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    31,444
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,529
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,079
    Thanked in
    1,892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    We may be in a similar phase but dont know what Cork have to do with anything? Wishful thinking? Im glad yer sweet tastebuds have been returned PC as tbh bitter was really taking over!
    Come on Nesta - you're supposed to be the smart Dundalk fan

    Dundalk lost what - 1.3m in 2019? And ended the year with 700k in the bank. Had 2020 been similar, then there surely would have been a big budget cut and squad upheaval in 2021. That's similar to what happened Cork, and they got it badly wrong with recruitment (not a Dundalk strong point lately), so it's not unreasonable to suggest Dundalk could have experienced the same struggles as Cork are now.

  20. #57
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,573
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    102
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    457
    Thanked in
    331 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    So if Rovers are awarded a title after 14 games, it's a real league? Yeah.

    Same way you probably consider the FD "elite" level and the 5th placed donkeys deserve a shot at the PD. Lol.
    Not so long since DFC were in that division, how quick we forget.
    Given the qualifying campaign for el was only one legged hence really only a half campaign it probably needs an *

  21. #58
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,456
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,042
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    866
    Thanked in
    579 Posts
    Not so long Rovers were in that division and it is entirely unforgetable for all the wrong reasons! Dundalk are not in the same position as Cork though Stu, lot of ifs and buts in that argument. Could it come to pass? Possibly, but Cork could beat relagtion and win the league next year and UCD could have the lowest drop off in average crowds this season. Im sure if Peak6 walk off leaving us financially high and dry we will be reminded ragularly about it as Bohs get reminded about selling things twice, but until it happens and it just might not in my lifetime, there isnt a comparison. Peak6 have deep enough pockets to weather a storm, Cork were selling the family silver to keep heads above water.

  22. #59
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,456
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,042
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    866
    Thanked in
    579 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Not so long since DFC were in that division, how quick we forget.
    Given the qualifying campaign for el was only one legged hence really only a half campaign it probably needs an *
    As long as €4mil+ wasnt halved also they can put as many ' *** ' as they like!!

  23. #60
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    795
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    73 Posts
    Your the type of "new" Dundalk fan we have got over the last 8 years.

    I'm glad it's only an 18 team League cause Rovers would have finished 40 points ahead of us.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 17/10/2020, 4:41 PM
  2. Replies: 1206
    Last Post: 13/09/2016, 9:32 AM
  3. LOI Fixtures 16th - 19th October 2015
    By Dunny in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 26/10/2015, 6:43 PM
  4. Series 32 (starts 20th October)
    By sligoman in forum Predictions League
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 20/10/2006, 6:07 PM
  5. Rescheduled Games (9th, 10th & 16th October)
    By sligoman in forum Predictions League
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 16/10/2006, 7:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •