Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic of Ireland v Finland - Wednesday, 14th October 2020 - UEFA Nations League

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    i am winding up , yesterday the southamerican broadcasters said that the 1st booking wasnt and ampadu overexaggerated the challenge. Its common sense of course McClean is not street wise, but the one to blame is the croocked greek ref, and u see that in no 2nd booking of Christie.
    Christie should have been sent off, he didnt do it since ireland would be with 9 guys
    That reads like a Donald Trump Tweet

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status...96849718784001

It looks like all the players being brought in are in this video the FAI I have just shared. I see Idah, O'Shea, Knight, Manning, Curtis in this- but maybe this is the reason Connolly is in gloves?
    Could be wrong but: It’s not the lads they brought in I don’t think. Their tests results won’t have been in the first batch.

Training isn’t considered close contact

Close contacts are people who you’ve consistantly been within 2 metres of for 15 minutes or more.

Examples could be:

Transport (flights, buses, cars if 2 metres can’t be maintained)

Meetings (2 metres should be easy here)

Dining (similarly 2 metres should be easy here)

Rooming (was told that players have all been given individual rooms, so shouldn’t be an issue)

If a physio session or massage takes longer than 15 minutes, you could be in trouble I guess. But I guess they could break them up to meet the requirements...

Dressing rooms - no idea what they’re doing there, maybe they can space people out. Maybe if the players are moving about enough then, they’re not in breach...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    485 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    I reckon it's not bad for someone speaking in their second language. I dare say it's damn sight better English than most of the users on here could manage in Spanish, or even more shamefully, in Irish (including me).

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backstothewall View Post
    I reckon it's not bad for someone speaking in their second language. I dare say it's damn sight better English than most of the users on here could manage in Spanish, or even more shamefully, in Irish (including me).
    Hole A !

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    mate, im not winding up, dont get the stick against McClean when he wasnt the one to blame, it was the ref, and as it was stated yesterday while broadcasting the match on direct tv, the evidence the foul Christie committed just outside the box, heavy foul, no yellow....the.ref balanced that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    i wouldnt speak so soon..... another positive test from the playing squad this morning and its not one of the 4 that was ruled as a close contact yesterday
    seems like it might now be a 2nd false positive as players 2nd test this afternoon came back negative

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020...-for-covid-19/

7. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backstothewall View Post
    it is my mother tongue, and youve got to place your spanish expressions of football into english expressions of the beautiful game, here we are missing the point, this isnt about my lazy and messy writting in english, it is about the greek ref and the wrongly sending off of McClean.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    i love it when Donny boy says the word ......tremendous,.... is so hispanic for a wasp

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Reported that the second test was negative, so could be a false positive again...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Goalkeepers: Darren Randolph (West Ham United), Caoimhin Kelleher (Liverpool), Mark Travers (Bournemouth).
    Defenders: Matt Doherty (Tottenham Hotspur), Enda Stevens (Sheffield United), Shane Duffy (Celtic, on loan from Brighton & Hove Albion), Kevin Long (Burnley), Cyrus Christie (Nottingham Forest, on loan from Fulham), Dara O’Shea (West Bromwich Albion).
    Midfielders: Conor Hourihane (Aston Villa), James McCarthy (Crystal Palace), Jeff Hendrick (Newcastle United), Jayson Molumby (Brighton & Hove Albion), Jack Byrne (Shamrock Rovers), Robbie Brady (Burnley), Josh Cullen (Anderlecht), Jason Knight (Derby County), Ryan Manning (Queens Park Rangers),Daryl Horgan (Wycombe Wanderers)Ronan Curtis (Portsmouth)
    Forwards: Aaron Connolly (Brighton and Hove Albion), , Sean Maguire (Preston North End), Shane Long (Southampton), Adam Idah (Norwich City),

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/6015874/covid-19-ireland-travel-squad-member-tests-positive-negative/

"The player - who did not feature against either Slovakia or Wales - will now undergo a THIRD test ahead of Tuesday morning’s flight in the hope that he can be allowed travel."

That narrows it down to the 2 sub keepers and the top midfielder from the greatest league in the world.
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 12/10/2020 at 9:44 PM. Reason: Deactivated link

13. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    He's living a lonely existence so. Because the others from Williams were all from just being around the hotel.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    The only reason I can go along with for Jack B being included in this squad is that he will start the game and Kenny will adjust the side. Otherwise there's a case for Jack saying thanks but no thanks, i.e. from a footballing point of view, but maybe the match fee is decent considering he's on LOI wages.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    You think Jack Byrne is in a position to say no to his country and return to Shamrock Rovers because he's not picked? Are you joking?

17. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColourfulPeanut View Post
    You think Jack Byrne is in a position to say no to his country and return to Shamrock Rovers because he's not picked? Are you joking?
    Would Shamrock Rovers bust his nuts for that ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    No, but he'd be a laughing stock among the rest of us.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    2nd player it is positive again. according to FAI.., amazing stuff, this is tremendous

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    No, but he'd be a laughing stock among the rest of us.
    Why would you laugh? and why do you think you speak for "rest of us"?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    dont have info but the player may be James McCarthy i think or David McGoldrick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    It goes to show the testing quality is not really where it needs to be. At my workplace in Canada there seems to be a recognition of this. If you have any need to have a COVID test due to symptoms, you have to work from home for two weeks, regardless of a positive or negative result.

I love watching Ireland play and would never advocate for a pause on international football but given the extensive cross border travel and flying in tight quarters required I wonder if pressure will rise to wait until a vaccine/treatment or at least more reliable testing is developed.

24. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast