Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Games weekend 02/10/2020

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    You could understand a few changes but 10? Stronger line-up than the one that faced Rovers but not by much. I only saw the second half (understand Dundalk should have had a penalty and made plenty of chances) but don't think McGinley had one save to make. Harps at least forced McCarey into action (McNamee possibly could have done better with his shot).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    You could understand a few changes but 10? Stronger line-up than the one that faced Rovers but not by much. I only saw the second half (understand Dundalk should have had a penalty and made plenty of chances) but don't think McGinley had one save to make. Harps at least forced McCarey into action (McNamee possibly could have done better with his shot).
    As far as I could see, it was a certain penalty. Oduwa was running inside of the left of the box, and was pushed off balance on the right shoulder by the Harps defender. The first penalty Derry got vs Waterford was 10 times softer and was given. All if's and could be's however. Dundalk were more than good enough to win and didn't. McMillan missed a chance in the 1st half he would have buried in 2016/17

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    As far as I could see, it was a certain penalty. Oduwa was running inside of the left of the box, and was pushed off balance on the right shoulder by the Harps defender. The first penalty Derry got vs Waterford was 10 times softer and was given. All if's and could be's however. Dundalk were more than good enough to win and didn't. McMillan missed a chance in the 1st half he would have buried in 2016/17
    I remember Pat McCourt being denied a stonewall penalty down the same end a couple of years ago, swings and roundabouts I suppose.

On the game, Dundalk looked very lacklustre as if they just had to turn up and win basically, we defended really well but did very little going forward for most of it, I don't remember our keeper having a lot to do even with the amount of possession they had.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    McGinley made one big save in the first half. That was it really apart from a few half efforts. But saying that, McCarey had next to nothing to do for the game as well. We pushed at Dundalk for ten minutes, then allowed them the ball for the other 80.

Oduwa should have been given a penalty, but I'd say the refs mind was made up by him going to ground like a sack of spuds. We definitely got away with that one.

Dundalk claimed another penalty shout in the second half too, but I thought it was nothing. Harps should have had a free out in the lead up to the corner in the first place, so small bit of justice served there perhaps.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    I watched it back there and it looks like it was exactly the same as the one Harps should have been given against Cork. I know it's supposed to all balance out but I think Harps would rather have beaten Cork and lost today than get two draws.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345