Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Republic of Ireland V Wales - Sunday, 11th October 2020 - UEFA Nations League

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Where did you see that or is it something you made up?
    Teams can protest as in Southamerica, if there is an infected player, not a made up scenario

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    861 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    Teams can protest as in Southamerica, if there is an infected player, not a made up scenario
    Except they are not infected and were not around an infected person. It was a false positive and that person has tested negative twice since.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Except they are not infected and were not around an infected person. It was a false positive and that person has tested negative twice since.
    You are correct, but this is football, polititians cream their pants when their teams win a match, and happens everywhere.

The lads are in the uk or slovakia?,

what i can tell you is...any big country will block them to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    This is my understanding too. It is now up to the doctors to prove this is the case. The medical side over-rides the football side I believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Are Finland a big country?

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    861 Posts
    Think I'm going to head over to YBIG to get a bit of common sense

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Think I'm going to head over to YBIG to get a bit of common sense
    So you believe in the impossible?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufil View Post
    Football nation with power for lobby.

Fifa is very aware of any incident, we started the wc qualies last week, dont think the doctors of any F.A or the government doctors will forbid a player to play.

What happened to Connolly and Idah, has to be revised, a clever phone call from the correct nation's polititian, and the situation was resolved, thats why Kenny is so upset. Let them play and after match we will see.

Check what the slovaks did with that mihailik dude, how do you know he wasnt positive beforehand ? And what if the slovaks covered it up.

This will happen, I admire the government of the Republic because they did the right thing to do, but most countries will try to cover the tests of their players when money or a tournament is at risk, my friends

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    A decent set of results today when it came to the seeding battle.

Two of the four catchable teams ahead of us lost (Serbia and Slovakia). The other two Russia and Turkey drew with each other.
    The three teams directly behind us Northern Ireland, Romania and Iceland all lost.

Still in 21st place.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufil View Post
    It’s turning into Quora Digest.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eekers View Post
    A decent set of results today when it came to the seeding battle.

Two of the four catchable teams ahead of us lost (Serbia and Slovakia). The other two Russia and Turkey drew with each other.
    The three teams directly behind us Northern Ireland, Romania and Iceland all lost.

Still in 21st place.
    So basically we need to hit 20 right? What does a win on Wednesday do for us? I thought from what real ale Madrid said it's more to do with the teams around us messing up?
    Last edited by paul_oshea; 12/10/2020 at 10:11 AM.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Strange game. Hard to be too critical when you’re missing 12 players (Coleman, Egan, Lenihan, Williams, O’Dowda, McCarthy, Arter, Browne, Connolly, Robinson, McGoldrick, Idah - throw Bazunu in goal and it’s a better team that we were able to field)... When our fifth choice centre half comes off injured early and was replaced by our 3rd choice right back, bad times ahead. We had just lost a heartbreaker on penalties and plenty of players had played 120+ mins 2.5 days before...

If we’d been hockied 4-0, you’d probably shrug and think it’s understandable. On a positive note, we were well organised and we restricted Wales to a single half decent effort. The likes of Ramsey, James, Wilson and Brooks were all kept very quiet and they’re all players of genuine ability...

Another clean sheet. Matt Doherty did very well considering what was asked of him. Stevens was very impressive for the most part. Will be interesting to see if we can keep the defensive solidity against better opposition.

We probably had the 4 best chances: the Long header, the Horgan header and rebound, the Brady shot and the Christie effort. Over the course of the game, we played some nice football without really being penetrative.

In terms of attacking creation, we were really lacking pace. There were times when Brady tried to go past the full back and it really wasn’t pretty. McClean’s delivery to Horgan was good for that chance and his pullback to Stevens for the Long chance was also good. Connolly and Robinson would have given us totally different options.

Thought Horgan did himself no harm, was good and busy, didn’t do amazing but certainly could become a squad member.

Molumby did well but the passing can be a little wayward on occasion, like a lot of our midfielders. His fresh legs illustrated how tired Hourihane and Hendrick were. I would have brought on Cullen and Byrne for them after about 65 mins. They were running on fumes.

Think it was useful for Kenny to see Shane Long. Didn’t have a great game and while still quick, has probably lost a little pace. Nonetheless, worked hard and won some good frees and showed good movement off the ball. Feel he’s probably been harshly treated in recent times: thought he should have started ahead of Idah previously and the likes of Collins being picked ahead of him under Mick was mad, same about Daryl Murphy for Martin...

Considering everything that transpired prior to the game, you’d have to think it was a fine performance.

Hopefully Connolly goes rogue and boards a flight in the morning.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Big improvement yesterday compared to the Finland game. Still very much a work in progress but the team's approach and structure is good, certain individual performances less than good. I hope he tries somebody else in Hendrick's position for Finland away. Hendrick isn't doing enough to justify automatic starts and my sense yesterday was our play broke down more often than not when he touched the ball. I'd mix up midfield for Wednesday and bring in Cullen and Byrne for Hourihane and Hendrick. Byrne needs to be given an opportunity - if it doesn't work, it doesn't work but we need a better link in midfield and somebody to put more zip into the passing.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    The big positive i would take from the last two games is that we are able to play on the front foot while not looking like we will concede a goal every time the opposition get the ball, which was the case in the previous two games. Would probably put that down to fitness as much as anything else.

18. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Exgrad View Post
    The big positive i would take from the last two games is that we are able to play on the front foot while not looking like we will concede a goal every time the opposition get the ball, which was the case in the previous two games. Would probably put that down to fitness as much as anything else.
    Ya the main positive is we look very organised(without the ball, which we were to be fair generally the last 10 years but we didnt look to press high) and quick to get back and not lose shape when we are countered, but the level of opposition its difficult to ascertain just how good we are at that. The other big positive is Duffy i think hes been great over the last few games, and he is really trying to play ball, and not just simple passes 10 yards in front or to the side hes trying the cross-field diagonal balls too which are much better at actually breaking the oppositions line.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    As most sensible football aficionados knew would happen, Duffy's Celtic boots did not have to shrink in order to fit.

21. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    You mean you geysir?

I hope his feet stay firmly on the ground so.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Let's not forget the remarkable goal line footblock with his size 48s.

24. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    567 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Let's not forget the remarkable goal line footblock with his size 48s.
    As Good as a Goal !

26. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,707 Posts
    I'm surprised Hendrick gets singled out for criticism. He was a solid 6/10 or better. Sure he has his flaws and is sometimes careless.

Hourihane is the puzzle for me. Not being there affects one's ability to assess but judging from TV I thought he was a total passenger throughout the whole game. I really really want to see Cullen replace him directly.

28. Thanks From:

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast