Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic of Ireland V Wales - Sunday, 11th October 2020 - UEFA Nations League

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    I think hes effectively put out the other lads to pasture now, and is relying on the young lads coming through. He clearly didnt really want Mcclean but robbie wasnt fit enough to go the full length. Long gets on at 112 mins. Probably our only proper striker on the bench....hes gambling here, and hes doing it very early.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    We still have a shout of making it into Pot 2 for the World Cup Qualifiers so these 4 Nations league games are still important.

We currently have a 33% chance of making it into Pot 2 - more likely to be in Pot 3 - but a win Sunday and more of the same footballing wise would be a boost.

http://www.football-rankings.info/20...mulations.html
    It matters, but in reality if we are in pot 2 we'll more than likely get the stinker from pot 3.
    But if we're in pot 3, the Gods may look down kindly upon our disposition and give us the gift from pot 2.

Regardless, no matter what transpires in the draw, qualification for WC2022 will be seriously difficult. The format as configured by Uefa, is designed to cut out the riff raff like us

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Horgan and Maguire called up
    Id say in other circumstances he would have called up couple lads from the 21s but he doesn't want to disrupt their game with Italy next week. Usually I'd say senior team takes priority but the 21s game is massive so I understand it this time

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Maguire was also ahead of the U21 lads for last month's squad so it's hardly surprising. Horgan, I haven't seen him in the Championship, but I'm surprised he's in.

And if anybody knew Kenny's history with Maguire they wouldn't think he was calling him up to do him a favour.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    the french sport news and spanish sport news are mocking over the connolly situation, for 0,10cms. Since people from Ireland banned connolly and idah

it looks like a joke

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    543 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Maguire was also ahead of the U21 lads for last month's squad so it's hardly surprising. Horgan, I haven't seen him in the Championship, but I'm surprised he's in.

And if anybody knew Kenny's history with Maguire they wouldn't think he was calling him up to do him a favour.
    Saw Horgan play one game for Walsall, his debut, and he was really really good. Scored and did really good things.

He was a mile away from the squad at Hibs but if you’re a winger playing well in the championship then you’re rightfully in contention. I guess it was a choice between him, Curtis, Harness and Michael Duffy.

The only wingers with the 21s are Elbouzedi and Farrugia, who are both miles away...

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Saw Horgan play one game for Walsall, his debut, and he was really really good. Scored and did really good things.

He was a mile away from the squad at Hibs but if you’re a winger playing well in the championship then you’re rightfully in contention. I guess it was a choice between him, Curtis, Harness and Michael Duffy.

The only wingers with the 21s are Elbouzedi and Farrugia, who are both miles away...
    Yeah, Curtis was the one who I thought might have had a chance. To be fair, Kenny got the best out of Horgan and had him called up to MON's squad so he clearly knows what he can do. Would be similar to O'Dowda in the way he plays, and we know SK likes him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    the french sport news and spanish sport news are mocking over the connolly situation, for 0,10cms. Since people from Ireland banned connolly and idah

it looks like a joke
    I don't think being overcautious should be mocked, really. It's not good for our performance as a team but consistency at a national level will save lives, we hope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    The Spanish are mocking us over Covid? Bit ironic that isn't it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    It does seem a bit over the top but then we are living in a very strange time.
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    I would have thought that a FAI blazer was an outsider and should never have been let near the footballers. A blazer putting a pin into the player's bubble. Not to mention, he was coming from an infected workplace, not just an ordinary virus detection but an FAI enhanced virus detection.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    I would have thought that a FAI blazer was an outsider and should never have been let near the footballers. A blazer putting a pin into the player's bubble. Not to mention, he was coming from an infected workplace, not just an ordinary virus detection but an FAI enhanced virus detection.
    If it was someone that had no need to be near the players then the Public should know. God knows we have had enough JacK-Ass-ery from the FAI down through the years.

Was this another Jack Ass doing the Dumbass again ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    The guy was a staff member, who was previously with the u21s, that was on the plane replacing one of staff members who had tested positive previously.

When they say non football staff member. That just means he's isn't a coach. Not that he is a blazer.

It's 2020, there was a plane full of physios, chefs, opposition analysts etc. Not FAI board member there for a trip.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/sta...57884321660930

McGoldrick out with an abductor injury.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eekers View Post
    The guy was a staff member, who was previously with the u21s, that was on the plane replacing one of staff members who had tested positive previously.

When they say non football staff member. That just means he's isn't a coach. Not that he is a blazer.

It's 2020, there was a plane full of physios, chefs, opposition analysts etc. Not FAI board member there for a trip.
    Okay so, more than one account had labelled him an executive.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Not to be picky here but thought it was Wycombe,no?In fairness to Horgan he had his moments with Hibs ,agree that being now in Englands tier two will make a difference for him.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    what happened was a farce, i understand why connolly is so upset, as any football man and woman in Ireland, just cover those 10cms, this is like a comedy movie, full of sarcasm. Ireland needed a guy like Robert De Niro in wag the dog, to cover up things.

Let me tell you, football suits and goverment suits from Spain, England, Germany, Brazil would have covered things up to allowed their main young forward, to make a difference. What did mr Higgins do about it?

Just a phonec call well placed, and fake an injury for the home game. MON, Ancelotti, Mou, any football sense would have acted better. Kenny is so green and naive.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eekers View Post
    https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/sta...57884321660930

McGoldrick out with an abductor injury.
    We should have paid his captors more promptly

19. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    I understand that the u21s have important game but with McGoldrick out Obafemi should get called up. Seniors are more important at this stage

21. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    The same. we ve got to try out a lot of strikers obafemi, sheridan, collins, hogan and parrott. we must have options up front.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast