Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: "Cork boss feels hard done by"...excuses excuses. get out gUNTHER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

"Cork boss feels hard done by"...excuses excuses. get out gUNTHER

The man cannot and will not accept he is at fault. tha man is an idiot.

EIRCOMLEAGUE.NET

Cork City have had a pretty miserable season and their luck was out yesterday at Turner's Cross.

Having been the better side for much of the game against Shamrock Rovers, they conceded a rather harsh penalty with 11 minutes left and the Hoops went on to score another goal on 89 minutes.

City needed to win to close the gap on Rovers. Both sides face three more games and, with the Dubliners having eight points to spare, Cork will not be finishing in the top three this season.

Indeed, they are just a point clear of Bohemians and Derry City, both of whom have a game in hand. The pressure is on manager Liam Murphy - and he knows it.

Recalling the spot-kick - awarded after Declan Daly's challenge on Richie Byrne - he said: "It was very disappointing: it was not a penalty in my view and Declan Daly was adamant it was not a penalty.

"It was a turning point because the referee lost control afterwards. There was only a kick of the ball between the teams and it is a set-back because Cork have not failed to qualify for Europe for many years.

"We need to strengthen for next season and get some more experience. Some of the younger players have begun to show signs of tiredness, because we have been on the go without a break for several seasons now."

Another man not expempt from worries about his future was Rovers boss Damien Richardson, and one could detect much relief from the Dubliner after this crucial win, which followed two sickening weeks for Rovers.

"It was a stunning performance under difficult conditions, because we played some very good football," enthused Richardson.

"I cannot speak highly enough of the lads, of their honesty and integrity and I'm delighted they have put themselves in a great position for Europe, because they deserve it.

"The public cannot know of the difficulties we have had to overcome this season and after the disappointment of recent weeks this was just the response I wanted from my team.

"If we succeed in getting into Europe, then I will regard this as having been a wonderful season. Things can go against you in this game, but you never lose faith in your principles and that has paid off."

And Richardson added: "I understand Cork have been a little short of confidence and so have we because of recent results.

"But the level of performance we produced today, given that four or five first-choice players were missing, merited three points. Now, we have a huge game against Shelbourne this week-end to look forward to."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    yea thats right gunther you spoon

its the luckiest team that wins the league every year not the best

right you muppet, thats why we're doing so badly, we have the best team and manager but we are obviously only the 4th luckiest team..

now i get it ...

Anyway I blame the supporters in the shed.." the peter pan of irish soccer " .. its there fault we cant score at home..cause they keep blowing the ball out of the goals when we are attacking the shed

hold on gunther hasnt used that yet as an excuse .. feck it i'm only feeding him more amunition here

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGhhhhhhhh i hate this ****ing set-up
    Last edited by James; 14/03/2002 at 2:09 PM.
    life is random

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I like the:
    "We need to strengthen for next season and get some more experience. Some of the younger players have begun to show signs of tiredness, because we have been on the go without a break for several seasons now."
    who needs Europe! sure we can have a good rest now! thats the job.....maybe he could buy Kelvin Flanagan and Mark Herrick for a bit of expierience......i hear there is a guy called Tynan at Kilkenny who is a good young prospect too......

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Recalling the spot-kick - awarded after Declan Daly's challenge on Richie Byrne - he said: "It was very disappointing: it was not a penalty in my view and Declan Daly was adamant it was not a penalty.
    Our season has not been decided by yesterdays game.

Doh! Like Liam couldn't tell we were going to be in trouble with 4-5 midfielders all season??????????????? Fair enough if he decided Herrick & Kelvin weren't part of his long term "plans" but you don't get rid of players with replacements!!! He could have at least kept them til the end of the season. Kelvin did not want to go whatever about Herrick!

Gunther would well be advised to sday nothing if he nothing new or good to say.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    exactly, every excuse that fool comes up with is something that he is directly or indirectly to blame for:
    1. "The refs are against us" if you slag them off every week, they're not gonna send you flowers for your birthday liam! DUH!
    2. "The fans are against us" if you slag them off........oh wait, already said the rest of that.
    3. "The young lads are tired" If you hadn't sold everyone else, you could have rested them- IDIOT!

anything else?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    he needs to stand down. dwindling attendances, poor football, poor results, no respect from supporters etc...the list goes on.

I think its an indictment of the poor quality of the league that we have fourth place, and it glosses over Murphys inadequacies.

go now murphy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

A coin has two sides !! unless it is three sided

Originally posted by Pablo
    I think its an indictment of the poor quality of the league that we have fourth place, and it glosses over Murphys inadequacies.

go now murphy
    We are fourth out of twelve, the poor quality of the league is not Murphy's fault, Glossing over inadequacies maybe, but wouldn't that be the same for everyone, while we are saying this we should take into account that City still have only five full-timers against how many teams are fully pro (or as good as) we have limited resourses. And before anyone starts attacking me ... i am just pointing things out. I am not taking sides at all.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    you gunther luvein c#@* face

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

on a positive note!

Changig the subject a bit here, but Greg had a great game when he came on in centre midfield. Himself and Grady would make a great pairing. His passing was excellent and was tough in the tackle.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yeah...Greg, and O'Grady are young and full of promise....i wonder why Gunther hasnt given them a free transfer?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Re: A coin has two sides !! unless it is three sided

Originally posted by A face

while we are saying this we should take into account that City still have only five full-timers against how many teams are fully pro (or as good as) we have limited resourses.

Bohs are almost (1 or 2 part-time pros) all fulltime pros.
    $hel$ aim to follow Bohs next season. They still have a good few part-time pros.
    Rovers probably have less fulltime pros than us.
    St. Pats would similar to use in that many of their fulltime footballers are doing FAS or other such courses.
    Derry wouldn't have much more full timers than us.

Only Bohs & $hel$ culd cliam to be more or less all fulltime footballers.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: A coin has two sides !! unless it is three sided

Originally posted by pete

Bohs are almost (1 or 2 part-time pros) all fulltime pros.
    $hel$ aim to follow Bohs next season. They still have a good few part-time pros.
    Rovers probably have less fulltime pros than us.
    St. Pats would similar to use in that many of their fulltime footballers are doing FAS or other such courses.
    Derry wouldn't have much more full timers than us.

Only Bohs & $hel$ culd cliam to be more or less all fulltime footballers.
    the concept of full-time/professional is as much about attitude as it is about paying people big wages.

Shels and Bohs are probably the closest thing we have to professional clubs in this country, with Pats and Shams looking to follow suit in the near future, I imagine.
    Derry's manager went full-time this season and AFAIK a lot of their players are involved in their football in the community project.
    Even First Division clubs (Finn Harps, Waterford, I think) have up to 4 or 5 'full-time' players

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I agree. I thnk you'd have to have more or less fulltime off the field structure before you can follow with the players.

$hel$ are by far most professionally run club off the pitch & are now to follow on the pitch.
    Bohs seem to have done the opposite with 'Committee' dragged towards professional structure by managers & players.

City are light years away from a professionally run club if they are to continue in the current way of things & if the Board don't realise this they are idiots. City will probably have one good season, then go dfully pro the next season which isn't good enough to finance it & do another u-turn.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

he feels hard done by ! at least he gets paid to go out there and watch the crap
    soccer isn't a matter of life or death its more important than that!!!