Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Lansdowne Road

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lansdowne Road

On next august, I'll be, with wonderful and big emotions, @Lansdowne to see my first Irish match live, against italy.
    I'll be in the South Terrace. Is it a good place to be in the middle of many other irish fans, or maybe over there, there is a little space for away fans?

I hope it'll be for Irish only, I don't want to be near italian supporters (I hate italian national football team )

I'll be there with my 60's ireland jersey, a scarf and a flag.. Wonderful if I dream about it
    I'm 21, I'm italian, but I love Ireland, and I always support the irish national team!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonycuna
    On next august, I'll be, with wonderful and big emotions, @Lansdowne to see my first Irish match live, against italy.
    I'll be in the South Terrace. Is it a good place to be in the middle of many other irish fans, or maybe over there, there is a little space for away fans?

I hope it'll be for Irish only, I don't want to be near italian supporters (I hate italian national football team )

I'll be there with my 60's ireland jersey, a scarf and a flag.. Wonderful if I dream about it
    South Terrace is a good spot for the Home Support - probably 10,000 to 15,000 Irish fans situated there for a friendly game. There'll probably be a few away fans in there too but not in a section as such but the majority will be Irish.

Don't expect too much from the stadium, it's old and run down a bit but it's still HOME after all. Hopefully ther'll be a decent atmosphere at the game. Will the Italians bring much support with them??

Hope you enjoy your visit to Ireland and the game
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,689 Posts
    The much maligned West Stand was actually the source of a lot of the singing on Saturday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88
    The much maligned West Stand was actually the source of a lot of the singing on Saturday.
    Your right, I was actually sitting there for this game instead of my normal South Terrace position. The singing and noise was good but the aul lads telling people to sit down every 30 seconds nearly resulted in fisti-cuffs a couple of times.

FFS, it's not a night at the opera!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonycuna

Why do you hate the italian national team ???

I will be cheering on Ireland of course.. i hope kerr gives a full match to the likes of Mc Geady and Elliott

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

...along with chants of 'Easy, Easy, Easy' when robbie notched the second
    Resign, now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn_Run
    No different to Que Sera Sera.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn_Run
    Not sure if the is for the fact some of us sang 'easy' and then threw away a two goal lead or if it's the singing of a song from an english TV programme!!

Benefit of the doubt with the first scenario!

I think it's a great chant when done by a large section, looks great to see the arms waving in unison!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    Why do you hate the italian national team ???

I will be cheering on Ireland of course.. i hope kerr gives a full match to the likes of Mc Geady and Elliott
    I hate italian nat team, for the same reason I don't support any teams in the italian league. It's the type of football I don't like. I love, since I was a child, the british football, for its speed, atmosphere and pace.

Apart from that, I don't like ital nat team, coz I see that who plays for it don't show the passion that you have to have when you play for your country. Many times, infact, in italy there are rumours about players who not go to national matches, although just friendlies, coz the next sunday there's an important league match for his club, etc.. Thing like this and the way that they plays when they wear the national jersey, make most of people here think that players don't love to play for their country, more than play for their club..

The other reason is that I love Ireland, I follow national rugby matches for example.. And it's the first thing for me, to support Ireland in football

Quote Originally Posted by KarlosIRL
    Will the Italians bring much support with them??
    I don't know.. I bought the tickets with my friend two months ago, on ticketmaster.ie.. Just a couple of week ago I saw on Italian Federation site the update with the fixture against us.
    I think that most of them will be people who live and work in ireland
    I'm 21, I'm italian, but I love Ireland, and I always support the irish national team!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    On my experience of Lansdowne road the away fans have always been sectioned off in the NORTH terrace. That is the fans who are travelling with tickets from the italian FA. Although with friendlies the away fans can end up in all places. Id say you are safe in the south terrace Tonycuna!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Twas my first time inLandsdowne Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosIRL
    Don't expect too much from the stadium, it's old and run down a bit but it's still HOME after all.
    Get your point.
    I'd very low expectations so ended up thinking it's actually not a very bad stadium inside at all.
    2 great big stands.
    Just a little decaying and black looking from the outside.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thought we did alright too ...out of my normal North stand postion up with the old foggies in WUA...I tell ya I bought the average age down a bit and I ait that young meself...Be back there for the French too.