Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 56 of 56

Thread: Anthony Scully (F Lincoln b.1999)

  1. #41
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    499
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    273
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    218
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Scored his 8th/9th goals of the season as well as achieving a hattrick of assists, as he also hits the crossbar from a free-kick in a 1-5 win away to Hoolahan's Cambridge. Masterson also featured for the U's.

    Is he becoming unignorable for Kenny given our toothless attack?

    Normally plays on the left of a front 3 for the Imps.
    Last edited by Trequartista20; 11/09/2021 at 5:59 PM.

  2. Thanks From:


  3. #42
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,190
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    839
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    521
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Lincoln did good business here you'd have to think might get a million for him in January?

  4. #43
    Reserves
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    759
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    142
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    His numbers look good but league one isn't great. Ronan Curtis did a lot of damage at that level but isn't really up to international football so far at least.

    Certainly worth taking a look at though.

  5. Thanks From:


  6. #44
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,486
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    79
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    520
    Thanked in
    356 Posts
    Only going off Quest highlights here, but he just looked quality today. Two cracking finishes and assisted the other three goals. In particular the first of the three assists just left his teammate with a tap in.

    He possibly gets overshadowed a bit because we have younger forwards that get the attention, but he's still only 22 and seems to be consistently improving. Well past time we saw him named in a senior squad.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Long Cox

  7. Thanks From:


  8. #45
    First Team
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,781
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    67
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    782
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    Scored his 8th/9th goals of the season as well as achieving a hattrick of assists, as he also hits the crossbar from a free-kick in a 1-5 win away to Hoolahan's Cambridge. Masterson also featured for the U's.

    Is he becoming unignorable for Kenny given our toothless attack?

    Normally plays on the left of a front 3 for the Imps.
    Friendly against Qatar and dead rubber against Luxembourg - good opportunity to blood him in. If he keeps this up he's likely to be in The Championship, at least, by the time our Euro 2024 campaign kicks off so it's well worth giving him an early look. And as he plays on the flank of a front three (I've also seen him on the right), he fits nicely into Kenny's favoured system - I think a Scully/Idah/Robinson line sounds very interesting - anybody else agree?

  9. Thanks From:


  10. #46
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,396
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    814
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,352
    Thanked in
    923 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    His numbers look good but league one isn't great. Ronan Curtis did a lot of damage at that level but isn't really up to international football so far at least.

    Certainly worth taking a look at though.
    For those clamouring for his inclusion, this is true. I don't feel it's past time we saw him in there. Parrott is in League One and is in there. Ok. But Parrott has a sensational underage record for us. Scully does not. In addition, I'm not sure if people saw Scully in the play-offs just gone. The biggest games of his career to date. Subbed at half time in the second leg of the semi and didn't start the final.

    This form warrants a call up if a spot is free. If Curtis is in the reckoning for a squad due to injuries then Scully should be ahead of him. Saying he's been overlooked is a stretch I think.

  11. #47
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,093
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,645
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    511
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Do we get Moulder as well ?

  12. Thanks From:


  13. #48
    Capped Player
    Joined
    May 2004
    Posts
    17,551
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6,308
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,174
    Thanked in
    2,345 Posts
    He’s becoming unignorable imho. Clearly has an instinctive eye for goal. Valuable at any level.

  14. #49
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    19,739
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    990
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,131
    Thanked in
    2,683 Posts
    Wasn't Scully injured for the play offs?

  15. #50
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,396
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    814
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,352
    Thanked in
    923 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Wasn't Scully injured for the play offs?
    I checked. He was whipped on 46 in second leg and came on on 80 in the final.

  16. #51
    International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    5,698
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    925
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    346
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    We had 4 League 1 players on the pitch at once during the last window (Parrott, Bazunu, MacLean and Horgan). Whatever about anything else his division can hardly be a blocker to his selection.

  17. Thanks From:


  18. #52
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,190
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    839
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    521
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    We had 4 League 1 players on the pitch at once during the last window (Parrott, Bazunu, MacLean and Horgan). Whatever about anything else his division can hardly be a blocker to his selection.
    Definitely swap him in for horgan who will never be of the desired standard for international level some of his passing and touches were horrible during these games.

  19. #53
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,396
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    814
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,352
    Thanked in
    923 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Definitely swap him in for horgan who will never be of the desired standard for international level some of his passing and touches were horrible during these games.
    Yeah, I think Horgan was found out against Serbia. He's had impacts in certain games for us, particularly with a little more nous when we have space in the counter. But when we were trying to take the game to Serbia he looked out of his depth and McClean was visibly frustrated a few times.

    All respect to Horgan but it is about time to phase out his involvement in games. Someone that can produce or score a goal from the wide forward spot like Scully would be welcome if he can keep progressing.

  20. Thanks From:


  21. #54
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,652
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    418
    Thanked in
    312 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    Friendly against Qatar and dead rubber against Luxembourg - good opportunity to blood him in. If he keeps this up he's likely to be in The Championship, at least, by the time our Euro 2024 campaign kicks off so it's well worth giving him an early look. And as he plays on the flank of a front three (I've also seen him on the right), he fits nicely into Kenny's favoured system - I think a Scully/Idah/Robinson line sounds very interesting - anybody else agree?
    Yep. Why not particularly v Qatar.
    He is only 2 years older then troy and is doing a better job then him. He may not be our saviour. But let's find out.
    Who knows he could sign for burnley or Watford in the next window! Then there would be a public outcry for the lad to br involved

  22. #55
    Capped Player SkStu's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    12,141
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,635
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,857
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    He’s definitely worth a look given his stats over the last year and a half. Tearing it up. However, he’s been dropped from the Lincoln team multiple times during that period of time - despite what he can do in attack.

    From what I recall, he’s been dropped for not working hard enough off the ball or on transition. Habits that we can hardly afford at international level. Hasn’t happened so far this season though!

    As others have said though, if Parrott and McGrath and others are there then Scully deserves a shot too. And still only 22.

  23. #56
    First Team irishfan86's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    2,462
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    494
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    280
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    I’ve been impressed from the limited matches I’ve seen. Needs to to be given a shot in a game like Qatar at the least.

  24. Thanks From:


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. ET: Anthony Scully pens 18-month deal with Lincoln City
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03/02/2020, 9:11 PM
  2. Rovers v Lincoln
    By redtilldead in forum Sligo Rovers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 17/07/2005, 8:21 PM
  3. rovers vrs lincoln city
    By Rory H in forum Sligo Rovers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 14/07/2005, 9:43 AM
  4. rovers v lincoln
    By redtilldead in forum Sligo Rovers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12/07/2005, 10:12 PM
  5. Like it's 1999
    By SSS in forum Cork City
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 31/10/2004, 3:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •