Thread: Charlie McCann M Rangers b.2002

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Charlie McCann M Rangers b.2002

I notice a Charlie McCann played and scored for Manchester Utd U21’s against Salford in an EFL Trophy game.

An U17 international with ourselves, a (very) little bit more about him below.

https://www.manutd.com/en/players-an...charlie-mccann

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    922 Posts
    Looked okay last year for the 17s. He was ahead of Joe Hodge in the couple of games I saw and was overshadowed. Against Belgium, we coped quite okay but Hodge was class behind him.

As an aside, Jeremy Doku played on the left wing for Belgium the same night. He scored his first senior international goal against Iceland last night. Looked an awesome talent that night so not particularly surprised.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    278 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Looked okay last year for the 17s. He was ahead of Joe Hodge in the couple of games I saw and was overshadowed. Against Belgium, we coped quite okay but Hodge was class behind him.
    Struggled more than I expected for the 17s given the reputation he had for United at U18 level. You never really know, there could have been niggles or something. Hodge was without doubt our best player. Keogh had a decent tournament playing alongside him in the centre. Even the young Pats lad, Brandon Holt (I think) was more impactful coming off the bench than McCann.

Some really good players in that 17s team, very unfortunate that Parrott got injured before the tournament - would have made all the difference. Also if they had called up players like Mipo or Okoflex or Gaxha or Cannon, might have made a big difference. The likes of Kennedy, Idowu and McKinley weren't really good enough and because of Corcoran's suspension, they carried 3 keepers, so they were probably an attacking player short as a result. The bench was comparatively so weak.

But Bazunu and Corcoran in goal. Obamadele (spelling?) and Sobawele at centre half, Furlong at left back were all very promising. McEvoy at right back wasn't great. Hodge, Keogh and McCann as a middle three, with Everett and Ebosele on the wings, along with Carty up top, who was hardworking and wholesome.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Has signed for Rangers… presumably Rangers B which will mean Scottish Lowland League football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,683 Posts
    the article on Rangers' website makes no mention of his international allegiance. Odd, that.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    Has signed for Rangers… presumably Rangers B which will mean Scottish Lowland League football.
    Gerrard confirms they've signed him for the B team. Still, I can't see them paying £700k for a lad they don't see first team potential in. Or maybe my sense of transfer values is out of date.
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...ard/ar-AAMK1Lq
    Vaccinated.

8. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    the article on Rangers' website makes no mention of his international allegiance. Odd, that.
    Yeah obviously a horrible sporting institution whose entire 9 year history is steeped in explicit anti Irish racism but in terms of the thread I suppose the main concern is the level he will now be playing at similarly to the seemingly age old issue we have had with young players heading to Celtic.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts
    I would say they are afraid of a new young player being attacked on social media by their own fans,

11. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Like when all is said and done = = Is it worth the hassle / aggro of a player with Irish connections playing for Glasgow Rangers ?

There are hundreds of other clubs you could play for , so why bother with Glasgow Rangers ?