Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Why City Can't Win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Why City Can't Win

I watched Arsenal lose 0-2 to an excellent Deportivo side last night and thought to myself, Why has Arsene Wenger not had more success with his star studded side? Wenger is a top coach and has turned Henry into an out and out striker from being a right sided midfielder. Alex Ferguson is a bloody chancer who'd gladly give up the ball game for the saddle game, has had much success when perhaps he shouln't have.

Then after reading articles on the UEFA site it struck me that if you're a qualified coach you've been trained what to do in certain situations and not to behave like the whiskey nosed Jock and take risks.

To keep this short I think we need a manager who hasn't been tainted by the poison of the football federation but who's big enough in the pouch department to make changes when the pressure is on.
    I still stand by my comments with regard to Liam Murphy being a good coach but we don't get extra points for that that.

I was talking to Stephen Kenny last Sunday and I don't think that he's done much different to Pete Mahon but he's a likeable guy and I think the players like and respect him. Bohs hoofed the ball for most of the first half and looked ordinary. Gary O'Neill was an important change to make but I don't think it's anything that Liam Murphy wouldn't have done in the same circumstances. There are very few better managers than liam Murphy in the League of Ireland given the level of experience he has but if we're to be the best we want a manager who's better then Dermot Keeley. Pat Dolan and Stephen Kenny. Don't blame Liam Murphy for the lack of success at the Cross this season. You can never fault anyone for honest effort.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    rubbish peadar, get the wool out of your eyes,

murph is a muppet,
    life is random

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    City can't win cos they cannot stick the ball in the f*cking net!
    Rovers were a f*cking shambles yesterday, we should have destroyed them, yet we lose again. I suppose LM will say it was a smash and grab, but City should have been out of sight well before they got the penalty.
    That f*cker O'Dowd should be censured for his carry on yesterday, and I have to say I felt like Moses and giving the b*stard a belt.
    Dec 30th since we scored at home is a f*cking disgrace.......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi Lads-ladies,

I didn´t go yesterday and given other committments won´t be bale to attend another city game until next season. However I think not even me or peader can explain way the dreadful loss of form since we lost to UCD in the cross since Dec.

While I am sure gunther is doing his best and is working under trying circumstances he isn´t really up to it. personally if he calls it a day at least he can say he tried his best and move on. the real problem is who is there to replace him.

I would rather not see any guy get sacked in his job and my first instinct is to feel sympathy for them (if you have ever seen any guy getting sacked or laid off ye would know what I mean). That is why Gunther should resign if he feels if it is getting on top of him and given his otbursts in the press it would seem it is. The board too are really amateurs in a professional game and I don't mean that in a nasty way just that they are a throwback to the style of directorship last seen in the mid-80's. We have to move on and decdie where we are going to go.

Cork City have reached a crosswords. The choices the club make could affect their position and future for the next few years.

I for one am not filled with optimism
    john flynn? - awesome!!!!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

No belief!

I'm sure Liam is a handy coach but a manager needs to inspire his players & they have to belive in him. Once players belive the manager doesn't know what hes doing they won't do what he tells them & its virtually impossible to stop the slide.

IMO Liam Murhy is on the slippery slope of players not beliving in him, fans getting on his back & him feeling everyones against him. I don't think theres anyway to stop the slide & its only a matter of time before Liam resigns, robably at the end of the season. I doubt city are paying him much of a art-time wage & he has the football course on tramore road already so i think he'll decide he doesn't need the hassle.

While city introduced many new young players at the start of the season virtually none of them have progressed this season. Similarily our style of play & tactics hasn't changed from day 1 of the season. The city team are as predictable as they come.

Home:
    - put away team under pressure by getting ball forward early or else pass thre ball to Ollie.

Away:
    - Counterattack with Ollie as plan A, B and C.
    - Defend in depth any lead.

- If behind change from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 as last desparate effort.

Take Conor O'Grady & Ollie out of this seasons team & we would be lucky to avoid a playoff or relegation.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    that pretty much sums the way things have gone this eason in terms of tatics.

as i say murphy should step down and concentrate on his the underage stuff which in fairness he is doing a good job of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by dalo
    Hi Lads-ladies,

gunther .................................................. .................................................. ......he isn´t really up to it. .

.................................................. .................................................. ......... The board too are really amateurs in a professional game and I don't mean that in a nasty way just that they are a throwback to the style of directorship last seen in the mid-80's. We have to move on and decdie where we are going to go.

Cork City have reached a crosswords. The choices the club make could affect their position and future for the next few years.

I for one am not filled with optimism
    holy chit if thats not THE perfect 360 degree turn then i dont know what is.

Murph is and never was upto it
    Neither were the board
    Glad the penny's dropped dalo.. and of course I would wish no ill-will to gunther when he retires. Maybe he could get a job on some mountaintop in Kerry herding sheep or something, cause IMO he aint cut out for management
    life is random

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by dalo

Cork City have reached a crosswords.
    I only hope they havent left gunther answering the clues though. mwwaaaahaaahaaa
    life is random

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by James

holy chit if thats not THE perfect 360 degree turn then i dont know what is.

Murph is and never was upto it
    Neither were the board
    Glad the penny's dropped dalo.. and of course I would wish no ill-will to gunther when he retires. Maybe he could get a job on some mountaintop in Kerry herding sheep or something, cause IMO he aint cut out for management
    it's not a 360 degree turn at all. i just simply said all along that i would reserve judgement until the end of season. what i did /do object to is the inconsistency and negativity of some people's arguements as well as their attacking of other more moderate voices. part and parcel of a message board i guess

i am amazed that some people thought i was hugely pro- board and pro-murphy. i am not particularly pro anyone.

anyway as i say if murphy is the best we have for the moment then there is very little you or I can do about it. personally he should step down there is more honour in that for everyone concerned.

besides after hearing that my other club everton have sacked wally smith and are fighting the trapdoor today isn't a good day at all.

i really hate shams

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Peadar, what are you like man?? That's a load of crap...except the part about the players respecting their manager.

Once a manager has lost the respect of his players he has to move on because there ain't no way of retrieving it. I'm not sure LM ever had the full respect of thr full squad as he was the no. 2 moving up.

When a new manager comes in from the outside everyone has impress and make an effort and not rely on the fact they knew the guy before...and Crowe said that on Sunday!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

agreed

Originally posted by niamh

Once a manager has lost the respect of his players he has to move on because there ain't no way of retrieving it. I'm not sure LM ever had the full respect of thr full squad as he was the no. 2 moving up.

like Mountfield. i.e. verey hard to dump a squad, easier to get rid of the manager.

[/B]When a new manager comes in from the outside everyone has impress and make an effort and not rely on the fact they knew the guy before...and Crowe said that on Sunday! [/B]
    Will only work if players know they stuck with the manager & manager has options in the squad and can drop the non-performing 'stars'.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: agreed

Originally posted by pete

Will only work if players know they stuck with the manager & manager has options in the squad and can drop the non-performing 'stars'.
    thats if he can avoid getting shafted by them.