Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: U23 Players 2020-21

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Idah scored. Omobamidele with a bit of a disaster for one of the goals conceded though.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Gillingham are keen to sign Thomas O'Connor permanently if Southampton let him go at the end of his contract next month. Has been decent for Gillingham over two seasons now, without ever looking like going to make the jump needed to succeed at Southampton in the short term, so might be a good move for all parties.

3. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Another Irish player off to the US - Timi Sobowale has moved to Real Monarchs.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Another Irish player off to the US - Timi Sobowale has moved to Real Monarchs.
    Might not seem like a great move at first glance, going to a USL team but I just checked the roster of Real Salt Lake (the Monarchs' MLS parent team) and about half of them have spent some time at the Monarchs so there is clearly the opportunity to move up.

Meanwhile there were a couple of Irish goalscorers in U23 action on Monday:

A good night for Derby's recent Irish senior debutants as Louie Watson scored and Festy Ebosele provided two assists in their win over Man United: https://www.premierleague.com/match/...td-u23-v-derby

Conor Carty scored his second goal in four games for Wolves against Reading and his third of his first season at this level in sixteen appearances. Not an underage forward we speak about too much but had a reasonable return of six in fifteen at U18 level last yearr. Will turn nineteen in a couple of weeks, so hopefully he can build on this next season: https://www.premierleague.com/match/...lves-v-reading

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Don't want to be too harsh on the lad but Jaze Kabia managed one of the worst misses I think I've ever seen for Livingston tonight. Eight yards out, open goal, just needed to pass it in and he missed it. I don't have a link but it's one of those has to be seen to be believed kind of ones.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Don't want to be too harsh on the lad but Jaze Kabia managed one of the worst misses I think I've ever seen for Livingston tonight. Eight yards out, open goal, just needed to pass it in and he missed it. I don't have a link but it's one of those has to be seen to be believed kind of ones.
    Oh dear... on the upside, he is playing semi-regularly in for a team in the top half of the SPL, which means he's further on in his career than Jonathan Afolabi, Aidan Keena, Armstrong Okoflex and possibly Joshua Kayode - perhaps we should keep a close eye on him next season

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Kabia gets the Poor Quality Scottish Football treatment on twitter (must be an easy twitter account to run, they have a bottomless pit of rubbish football to choose from).

To be fair, not quite as bad as I thought on first viewing, the keeper was at least scampering across the goal. He did have half the goal to aim at though, and he was only eight yards out, so still not great.

Last edited by Eirambler; 13/05/2021 at 11:33 AM. Reason: embedded tweet

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    It's hardly as bad as all that. But oh dear, what a nasty Twitter account. Scotland's a small nation, what do people expect?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    I think it's a relatively light hearted Twitter account to be honest. Scotland is quite a self depreciating place in a way that can be hard to adjust to as an Irish person living here.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    It's hardly as bad as all that. But oh dear, what a nasty Twitter account. Scotland's a small nation, what do people expect?
    Keeper was coming across and a shot into the bottom corner may have been saved anyway. Failing to compose yourself to hit the target is the only issue. He'll learn.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Jake O'Brien captained Crystal Palace 23s to a win on penalties in the promotion playoff. If he stays they'll be in Premier League One next season. Had a huge impact there, from arriving on loan mid season to captain for the playoff final. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few more Irish lads there next season.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

13. Thanks From:

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021